Home

Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

This is a discussion on Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2011, 05:32 AM   #177
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

Version 2.3 is out! Slight boost to cpu running game, QB accuracy, and other slight changes. Still testing this set so look out for another update. Hopefully, it will be the final one.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 01-28-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:19 AM   #178
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

So far these are playing really well! The cpu running game can be a beast now if you cant stop them. Had Miss St. go for about 180 on me as LSU. Watch the cpu RBA slider because 65 might be too much, but the running backs actually juke, spin, and find lanes now. Might increase user tackling to 50 to compensate, but it is playing wonderfully.

Also, the increased cpu QB accuracy makes the game much better. Cpu quarterbacks are much more consistent, but pressure and good coverage throws them off their game (lol I made a pun).

Another tweak I would suggest is playing at 8 minutes. I am getting a more realistic number of plays without an increased number of stats. This means more punts, which also means special teams can be key in a close game. My KR/PR Patrick Peterson single handedly won the UNC game for me (oh the irony) with a PR TD and a Kick Return TD.

Finally, I will continue tweaking, but these are very close to final.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 01-28-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #179
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkman187
So far these are playing really well! The cpu running game can be a beast now if you cant stop them. Had Miss St. go for about 180 on me as LSU. Watch the cpu RBA slider because 65 might be too much, but the running backs actually juke, spin, and find lanes now. Might increase user tackling to 50 to compensate, but it is playing wonderfully.

Also, the increased cpu QB accuracy makes the game much better. Cpu quarterbacks are much more consistent, but pressure and good coverage throws them off their game (lol I made a pun).

Another tweak I would suggest is playing at 8 minutes. I am getting a more realistic number of plays without an increased number of stats. This means more punts, which also means special teams can be key in a close game. My KR/PR Patrick Peterson single handedly won the UNC game for me (oh the irony) with a PR TD and a Kick Return TD.

Finally, I will continue tweaking, but these are very close to final.

i really got to test these sliders out now i loved the 2.2 set and hopefully the 2.3 set will make the game more better

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 01-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #180
Rookie

DocKnowsBest's Arena

OVR: 1

Glad to see an update! I just applied them to the beginning of year three of my Notre Dame dynasty. Game one was against Indiana, and I destroyed them 56-3, but that would be expected, because my Irish team is stacked. I'm coming off a hard-fought undefeated season, ending in a 20-10 nail-biter of a BCS title game against #1 LSU.

I'm glad to see the CPU offense beefed up. That was one of my concerns, because playing defense just started to feel too easy. These new slider sets felt very good against Indiana, even though Indiana didn't put up a fight. I felt like I had to call smarter play and guess more as to what the CPU offense was going to do (run vs. pass) in order to effectively stop them in their tracks.

I'll let you know what I think after playing #21 Michigan.

Great job, kkman!

Lieutenant General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, U.S.M.C
Old 01-29-2011, 08:44 PM   #181
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just tried these, and they were great!

I played as BC and played against Iowa and Virginia Tech, came out to an early lead against Iowa, but they had 3 turnovers for TD's in the end, won by a field goal.

Played VT, was down 24 points at halftime but with a fumble recovery 70~ yard TD pass, ended up winning 49-48.

Real good sliders, but I can't really run the ball and Darren EVans ran for 250 yards, which is slightly unrealistic considering I have 2 90+ LBs.....

And I had 250+ yards and 3TD's passing each outing....still can't run haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 01:21 AM   #182
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theobject
Just tried these, and they were great!

I played as BC and played against Iowa and Virginia Tech, came out to an early lead against Iowa, but they had 3 turnovers for TD's in the end, won by a field goal.

Played VT, was down 24 points at halftime but with a fumble recovery 70~ yard TD pass, ended up winning 49-48.

Real good sliders, but I can't really run the ball and Darren EVans ran for 250 yards, which is slightly unrealistic considering I have 2 90+ LBs.....

And I had 250+ yards and 3TD's passing each outing....still can't run haha.
Increase human run blocking to 40, decrease cpu run blocking to 65, and possible lower cpu running back ability to 60. I might include these changes in the next update depending on feedback.

Edit: I have updated to version 2.4 with some of these changes. I would like to see what the community likes better: cpu RBA at 60 or 65. Other than that, the other changes are listed above.
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 01-30-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #183
Prime Time

Leon Sandcastle's Arena

OVR: 13

GREAT SLIDERS! I am loving these sliders in my Dynasty as Purdue it is so realistic and the CPU actually puts up a fight! Great Sliders man
Old 01-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #184
Dual Threat

Joey Sauce's Arena

OVR: 15

I have been running an online Dynasty with friends for 2 full seasons using SN's and SECelite's sliders and we just havent found it challenging enough..I am going to use these sliders now as a base because I have heard good things. I will let you know how it goes heading into our 3rd season...hopefully it isn't extremely easy to run and not be run against as the other sliders

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »