Home

2012 pass cov slider reversed

This is a discussion on 2012 pass cov slider reversed within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #73
Rookie

CrShepard's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2012 pass cov slider reversed

I might be late to the party but last night I played three dynasty games using Fists Varsity slider set with CPU PCV set to 0, I also use coaches sliders with the D set to 50/50.

NC State 28 Maryland 21, Bad D Backfield play was nonexistant, the game played incredibly well. Safety's were dropping back and covering deep, I saw some DB play where they seemed to know the route but overall a big improvement.

Purdue 24 Ohio State 17, This was a dissapointment, two plays broke my heart both from Purdue both on similar plays. Safeties seem to be playing the middle deep zones much better than the outside zones. Safeties almost always take a bad angle to the streaking WR and as a result always trail the play, if the QB is accurate then its a big play. I turned the threshhold down to 40 and I am seeing the DB make tackles after the catch which is significant where as before they would score 99% of the time. Anyway last minute of the game and Purdue Score on an 80 yard streak to win, yeck.

Wisconsin 27 Minnesota 15, This game played much better than the Purdue/OSU game. DB play was 90% acceptable and I did not have any TD's that I would consider cheap. Obviously the playbook being utilized by the computer plays a very significant role as to how the deep bug is exploited game by game. Whenever I play with a team like TTU, I see alot of garbage TD's wereas in this game 0.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I did another test game last night before going to bed (shouldn't have - didn't go to bed until 4:30 am and had to be up at 7:30 am - but I'm making it so far).

I really feel like All American is NOT hindered by this. My stats showed me hitting on 17 of 23 and the cpu (as I recall) only was 41% passing, and I picked off the cpu 3 times.

Maybe this is only an issue on Heisman? But I don't think I'm gonna make this change on All American because nothing seemed different, and if anything, I saw my TE roaming free on flag patterns all game long with nothing from the db's.

This is just all hard to determine... Without an official statement from EA, we're just reaching in the dark.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
This game has me beyond p!ssed off right now... I couldn't even begin to tell you guys what sliders do what...which are reversed...what they even do. And besides this, I have a potential hurricane staring me in the face (possibly by Monday) so I'm a little on edge.

But seriously, I don't think I've ever been so frustrated... As much as it pains me, I think this game is going back. If something doesn't change, I simply cannot play this game any longer. Tinkered with things for 3 hours tonight - and I don't feel any further along than I did. There's something to the pass coverage sliders - just can't find the sweet spot. I still saw guys running wide open so I don't know... Played with it on 0 for the cpu and 100 for me - just a lot of stuff that defied reality, so any idea of getting simulation stats is over (in my opinion). Plus, I saw the cpu got 51 PANCAKE BLOCKS against me - just unbelievable.
I'm very happy with your 10.25 sliders, bro. Please don't give up on it. I think you've found a very sweet spot with your testing up until this issue was brought up. Just my 2 cents, brother!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #76
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I did another test game last night before going to bed (shouldn't have - didn't go to bed until 4:30 am and had to be up at 7:30 am - but I'm making it so far).

I really feel like All American is NOT hindered by this. My stats showed me hitting on 17 of 23 and the cpu (as I recall) only was 41% passing, and I picked off the cpu 3 times.

Maybe this is only an issue on Heisman? But I don't think I'm gonna make this change on All American because nothing seemed different, and if anything, I saw my TE roaming free on flag patterns all game long with nothing from the db's.

This is just all hard to determine... Without an official statement from EA, we're just reaching in the dark.
I did my testing on All American with all patches and tuners and the Pass Coverage slider is definitely reversed for me.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

Not sereing it on Varsity, either. Although the slider updates I came up with while testing it allowed AJ MCCarron to throw for 377 against me on Varsity. Bama didn't punt until the end of the 3rd quarter.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 3

Also last night, Fists did 85/15 Def Aggression on Heisman, and it made the CPU go into Conservative Zone def (shocked) with incredible Safety play deep. Great find, Fists.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #79
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
U play on all American with no patch or tuners .. So we would definitely see different things. I don't think anything can save all American or heisman.
Nope,sorry...but I do in fact play with the patches. And unless the tuners were integrated into the last patch,there's no way to download those anymore,as the prompt doesn't come up anymore.

The level doesn't matter,as you say if the slider is reversed it would be universal across all levels.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascoc
Also last night, Fists did 85/15 Def Aggression on Heisman, and it made the CPU go into Conservative Zone def (shocked) with incredible Safety play deep. Great find, Fists.
Thanks man, going to work on Heisman for the time being and see if I can get some Heisman sliders down.

Varsity plays a totally different ball game from Heisman. I am certain that coverage sliders are for sure reversed on Heisman, meaning 0 = 100 and 100 = 0. I cannot say that is for certain on Varsity but I am thinking so.

If the coaching slider on Heisman, coupled by the reversed coverage sliders and the QB accuracy do the trick, I will be sticking to Heisman unless you can develop some Varsity that continues to heed results like we were discussing from your Alabama/Ark game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »