Home

2012 pass cov slider reversed

This is a discussion on 2012 pass cov slider reversed within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: 2012 pass cov slider reversed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrShepard
For the record, MKharsh33 and Fistofrage, I agree completely with your statements about the lack of support from EA. I know they monitor these sites and to just sit back and allow us to struggle with their incompetence show a complete lack of regard for their customer base. But that being said I am religiously testing both of your slider sets and hope you hang in there, I really want a playable NCAA and both of you have gotten close.

Appreciate the work you guys are putting into this.
I'll get it to be as good as I can without being able to change the programming. The game is close to being very good and thats the frustration.

I can make quality sliders on Varsity where the sfaety play and overall defense works great but the AI Offense is programmed to be dumbed down and let the human win on that level.

I can make good Heisman sliders where the AI offense can put up some points, but the defense gives up easy TD's due to the aggressive gameplan safety play and tries absurd FG's.

I could most likely fix both issues if you gave me 4 hours to look over EAs code and then implement the changes in the right areas. The thing that kills me is the proper programming is already developed and sitting there, but they don't have it in all areas of the game.

Just take the Varsity Logic for pass coverage and put it in Heisman, or take the Heisman offensive playcalling and FG Logic and put it in Varsity. It seems like an easy fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

The OP mentioned both PCV and INT being reversed. I completely agree about the PCV, and I halfway agree about the INT.

I believe the INT slider is reversed for the cpu only. In my OD we were running with INT at 25 for both user/cpu. We found that the user defenders would drop many easy ints, and the cpu defenders were making jumping/diving/falling backwards ints. We recently switched the INT slider to 75 for both user/cpu and found the exact opposite to be true.

One other note, with INT at 75-user and 25-cpu, I have also been seeing passes batted down at the line of scrimmage.

I am currently testing the Pass Rush slider. At this point, might as well right?
Old 08-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #27
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
So, wonder how many other sliders are reversed???
well last night when i was so fed up i literally put every slider to 0... just to see wtf was going on...

i noticed on 0 rba and 0 tackle that running felt extremely fluid and smooth.. all but eliminated the choppy and robotic steps, tackles seemed more life-life (seein wrap ups, arm tackles, different break tackle animations, etc) and the option actually came to life, probably bc defenders werent warping to the ball carriers.. this was also with block and run defense on zero- everything was zero.. on heisman.

catch and int was too low at 0 but at 5 it really seemed like ratings mattered.. i know, catch of 5.. but if were considered playing on freshman! just mess around and see what happens.. pass rush and block at zeros allowed d ends to turn into speed rushers.. i saw an animation where the d end came flying around the corner only to slip and get shoved on his stomach by the tackle, i also saw d ends buyll rushing the tackles back INTO the qb forcing a throw or sack or holding penalty which you could visibly see the tackle commit and call before the flag was even thrown lol.. so sliders reversed or extremely messed up... u bet.. maybe the drawing board isnt such a bad idea, considering it should be less cluttered now...
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 08-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 3

Yeah Ched, I've been playing around with zero based sliders off and on for the last few weeks and they are pretty nice. Just trying to nail a set.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #29
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Yeah Ched, I've been playing around with zero based sliders off and on for the last few weeks and they are pretty nice. Just trying to nail a set.

mind posting/pm'ing me?

coach or regular mode?
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 08-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #30
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

setting the sliders to zero is intriguing. what sliders shouldn't be at zero?
Old 08-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
setting the sliders to zero is intriguing. what sliders shouldn't be at zero?
Not human pass coverage or they will totally kill the AI passing game.

I would assume they would drop everything if catch and Int were at 0.

Everything else should be operational at 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

So, we're looking at 1,556,782,983 combinations of possible slider testing...sounds fun!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »