Home

Coaching sliders to 'fix' gameplay

This is a discussion on Coaching sliders to 'fix' gameplay within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #81
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Coaching sliders to 'fix' gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
I am (now) using the original OS roster release for the ps3. I went through every HC/OC/DC and lowered defensive aggression by 20. Started another dynasty, and lowered my team's defensive aggression to 15. It felt to me like my guys defense was better prepared for the pass. Still gave up more passing yards than I like (or that I think I should), but it was better.

And, by changing the "strip/rip" slider for both teams to aggressive during the game, my HB fumbled - first time non-option related that this happened to me in 30+ games. I was actually happy about it.

Not sure if I'm going to go back and mess with the offensive aggression sliders for all the coaches now, but I look forward to reading of your progress.
I've pretty much settled on the 15/85 for all defense aggression
And 85/15 for all offense aggression. I've played 4 or 5 amazing games with this setting. And yea, I cannot play without strip set to aggressive anymore. Some games ( mainly rain games which is cool) are riddled with fumbles, some games there's 1 per team, some games there 3 for one team and none for the other.. I love it

Quote:
BTW, have a dumb question:

I play on AA for Offense and Varsity for Defense, mainly because I suck at defense and I let the CPU handle business for me outside of rushing the QB.

My question is, will my defenders play "smarter" if I up the difficulty to AA?

Thanks.
I'm not sure about that but I play aa across the board.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #82
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

My only concern to making every team's defensive aggression the same was "sacrificing" the different styles of defense you might see per team. Does this not bother you, or do you feel that the benefits outweigh this?
Old 08-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #83
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
My only concern to making every team's defensive aggression the same was "sacrificing" the different styles of defense you might see per team. Does this not bother you, or do you feel that the benefits outweigh this?
Yes, I too had that initial concern. Even with offense. However upon testing different combinations, I found that the levels must be equal.

For example, a 75/25 offense versus a 20/80 defense has a disadvantage, as the defense will be stronger. An 85/15 offense stays a 20/80 defense will over power that defense. (Regarding AI ability across the board). I tested this regardless of team overalls and player ratings. Poorly rated teams were able to beat highly rated teams when they played more Aggressively.. That being said, I have concluded IMO that equal levels are necessary. This allows Player ratings to hVe the most meaning. As well as coach skill upgrades.

I have chosen the extreme end of each slider bc I believe it gives the most life like portrayal of football.
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 08-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 3
Can someone clear something up for me? To set it to 85/15, that means I move my joystick to the R, towards conservative? Is that correct?

Old 08-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #85
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjenkin7
Can someone clear something up for me? To set it to 85/15, that means I move my joystick to the R, towards conservative? Is that correct?
Correct. Easiest explanation is:

Offensive agg slider click it as far right as it will go.

Defensive agg slider click it as far left as it will go.

All coaches OC DC and HC for every team

Pre dynasty is best. - I will upload this as soon as os rosters go final for pre season version in a week or so
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #86
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Going back to the poster who asked about differences among teams
By using different levels...

U will notice that when maxing a slider left or right, some teams will only go as far as 81/19 or 84/16 etc

This is where your slight variability will
Come in. It will be subtle at best and player/coach ratings will still hold most value
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 08-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 3
So when the defense is set to 15/85, that makes the defense more aggressive, and vice versa for offense since it is opposite?

Old 08-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #88
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjenkin7
So when the defense is set to 15/85, that makes the defense more aggressive, and vice versa for offense since it is opposite?
yeah. thats the idea.. but i tell you what, ive played 8 games testing this out via quick game, season mode, and dynasty mode.. i dont notice "much" difference from them being adjusted like recommended in here or 75/25 in the community slider thread.

to be honest, i dont even know if it even effects anything during the games being played. bc the games had the same feel they have had for me for a while now.

ive had games where the CPU called a great game, was aggressive etc, and then playing same team, same settings, etc and called a very conservative type game.

IMO making these changes might only really effect games that are being simmed. i could be wrong, not claiming im right, but i dont see much of a difference if any at all.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »