Home

BCS National Championship... DONE MY WAY!

This is a discussion on BCS National Championship... DONE MY WAY! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #33
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: BCS National Championship... DONE MY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Hey my friend just got the game and is wanting to get rid of Rhett and I can't remember if I just switched Pauls position or "created" another Paul Thompson as a QB. Which did you do? I can't remember what I did but he was like an 82 or 86 ovr. QB. Probably about right IMO. Also just wondering if your BCS experiment was supposed to take place in January or right after the conference cahmpionships. Because Adrian is playing.
Well... since its 3 rounds... i decided to sit Peterson for the first game, because it would be right after the conf. championships...

but for the 2nd round (and beyond if they go) I will let him play...

for Bomar I just made him a 4th stringer, but if you want to do a Dynasty Mode, I would just edit him to be Oklahoma's real 3rd or 4th backup.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:36 AM   #34
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by X*Cell
for Bomar I just made him a 4th stringer, but if you want to do a Dynasty Mode, I would just edit him to be Oklahoma's real 3rd or 4th backup.
Yeah I did that with Bomar. I just couldn't remmber about Thompson. Did you just move him from WR to QB or creat-a-Thompson.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:45 PM   #35

X*Cell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Yeah I did that with Bomar. I just couldn't remmber about Thompson. Did you just move him from WR to QB or creat-a-Thompson.
not sure... I used the transfer kit on the 360 to get the rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #36

X*Cell's Arena

(6) Boise State: 14
(7) Oklahoma: 30

In Adrian Peterson's first game back on the gridiron since October 14th, he ran the field like he was never off of it in the first place. For an average of 7.0 yards per carry, he totaled 191 yards on the day. It definetely helped that the Sooners had possession of the ball for 39:39 of the game. As a whole, Oklahoma rushed the ball 44 times, for a total of 275 yards.

191 yards!?!? And he hasn't even played since October 14th.

Rushing was key to their 3rd down success against the underdog Boise State. In 16 3rd down situations, the Sooners converted 8 of them into first downs. Boise State was 1 for 6. Other than the 4 sacks from LB Korey Hall, the Broncos' defense was plowed over. Their only defensive strengths came from their special teams unit, who managed to block 2 field goals and 1 extra point, That's a touchdown saved right there.

Boise State wasn't too shabby on offense, rushing for 80 yards on 12 attempts, and letting TE Derek Schouman run all over the field. Schouman recieved for 215 yards (11 more yards than he accumulated all season long), on 5 catches, converting 2 of those to touchdowns. However, Boise State only had 8 first downs compared to Oklahoma's 17. Much of that had to do with Zach Latimer who had 2 TFL, and 2 sacks.

Adrian Peterson and the Oklahoma Sooners will take on Troy Smith and the Ohio State Buckeyes in the National Championship game.

Last edited by X*Cell; 12-08-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #37

X*Cell's Arena

Better 'Sooner' than Later

National Championship Game

(1) Ohio State: 46
(7) Oklahoma: 49

MVP: Adrian Peterson

After going off with 191 rushing yards in his first week back from injury, Adrian Peterson proved why he's the best - injured or not - in all of college football by performing at top notch levels yet again. He rushed for 145 yards on 21 carries (6.9 yds/pc) and on 2 catches he took it all the way to the house for a total of 148 recieving yards. All together he had 293 all-purpose yards and 4 touchdowns. Sounds deserving of an MVP don't you think?

Simply incredible. Definetely deserving.
Adrian Peterson is the MVP of the title game.

Ohio State's beat down against Oklahoma in firstdowns (22 to 10) proved to be a stat only showing that Oklahoma didn't need 1st downs to score. They scored right off the bat. Don't let this all fool you. The game was incredibly close. So close that the difference in total yards for both teams was 1 yard... in favor of the Sooners.

Oklahoma did spectacular on 3rd downs (7 for 10), but Ohio State was converting on many occassions as well. They were 6 for 11 on 3rd downs, 2 for 2 on 4th downs, and 1 for 1 on 2-point conversions. They also reached the redzone 3 times and scored touchdowns on all 3 attempts. Because Oklahoma scored right off the bat, they never reached the redzone.

Juaquin Iglesias for the Sooners had 171 recieving yards on 4 catches for 2 touchdowns. Antonio Pittman for the Buckeyes had 111 recieving yards on 5 catches.

Troy Smith (if Ohio State won) and Joey Halzle both made strong claims for MVP of the national championship as well. Smith passed for 443 yards and 2 touchdowns, completing 19 of 31 passes. He also scrambled for 155 yards on 14 rush attempts. Joey Halzle only made 16 passes, but completed 10 of them for 446 passing yards and 5 touchdowns.

Can't blame the loss on this man, in fact, you can't slap
the blame on anybody. Both teams played tremendous.

The biggest thing to notice in this game, was for a championship game, both teams brought their best and played with extreme discipline. Not a single turnover was committed by either team in the entire game.

Another amazing thing to notice is that if college football followed the same BCS format used in previous years with the choice of two teams to take the field in a championship battle, we would have never seen Oklahoma's true colors. In fact, using the old system, Florida and Ohio State would be the two teams facing off. Ironically, both teams were knocked off by the Sooners in this year's National Championship Playoffs (Florida in the 1st round, and Ohio State in the championship game).

That's right Bob Stoops. You guys are the
number 1 team in American college football.

Congratulations to the Oklahoma Sooners on a tremendous season in which they beat the odds. Their star running back missed more than half the season, and their starting QB was kicked to the curb before the season got underway. Who would have known that this team would be America's national champion?!

Last edited by X*Cell; 12-08-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:13 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

How do you leave out LSU? They are ranked ahead of more than half the teams you're using (Wake, Louisville, ...

...ps...there already is a national championship playoff. They have it every year. It's called the SEC regular season. The winner is the best team in the country until proven otherwise...
Old 12-09-2006, 02:13 PM   #39

X*Cell's Arena

You don't win a conference championship... you don't get in... except for one wildcard team...

LSU was the 2nd best wildcard... behind Michigan, so sorry... they can't go.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:28 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

BOOMER SOONER!!!!! HAHAHA!!!

Nice work XCell

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »