Home

Why Not Develop on The PS3?

This is a discussion on Why Not Develop on The PS3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why Not Develop on The PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common
I'm not talking about internal memory.

It wouldn't be two seperate games. They'd simply develop the game on the PS3 and port it over, compress it, and throw it on two disk for the 360. Same game.

I still don't understand what install base has to do with which system the game is developed on? If one system is capable of producing a better product than what we're getting now, then why not change which system it's developed on?
Are you a game developer? You are acting like you know what you're talking about....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Um... yes. Install the game on your HD. At this point, those who don't have HD's need to get one. It's way overdue.

Tell me exactly which first party Ps3 titles were "crap" games?

Actually, according to the devs, the have plenty of issues with memory. Supposedly they can't fit gear(just an example) into the game if they're going to include stadiums or vice versa. Or throw backs take up too much disk space, etc, etc. If the game were developed on the Ps3 these issues wouldn't be issues.
No, they said that they can fit the gear, but they have to free up MEMORY. The PS3 has less than the Xbox. The only thing I've seen Adam talk about in regards to disk space is commentary.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 16

How in the hell can you play a 2 disc game? Are you people dumb or something? It pretty much impossible to do a 2 disc game...

Anyhow, the reason why games are developed on the 360 is because it makes the most money, it has better graphics, and frankly its just a better console that easier to develop on, most likely.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Let's take sports titles for example. Madden, NCAA, Live, etc? All mediocre games on the 360 and sometimes even worse on the Ps3. The Show? By far the best game on it's genre, and it isn't even close.
And then there's SCEA basketball ... on the PS3 ... and it's on the supposed superior console.

Quote:
Just develop the games on the Ps3 and port over.... it seems like the best thing to do.
It's not going to happen for the same reason it didn't happen last-gen. The Xbox was largely considered the superior system last-gen and had better graphics, but we Xbox owners had to put up with the games being developed on the PS2 and ported to the Xbox. It created some issues and didn't maximize the Xbox, but the game developers did it because the PS2 sold vastly better. Now you all get the shaft this gen, but don't cry about it. It is what it is.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:10 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
According to the devs, the systems or memory are the part of the reason the games are lacking. They can only put o much into the game.... their words, not my own.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg citation_needed.jpg (43.1 KB, 117 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
In a perfect world, the NCAA would have a license like the MLB has, so that would mean Sony could in fact make their own exclusive game. I can't imagine how awesome that game would be. They could pick up some of the best announcers out there (obviously not in ESPN). I'm sure their made up channel for presenting the game would be awesome. They could team up with 2K and collaborate on somethings. Oh it would be football gaming heaven. EA wouldn't even have to put NCAA out for the PS3 because it wouldn't sell at all.
Or they could create something comparable to the crapfest that is SCEA Basketball...

Just because The Show is good doesn't mean other Sony sports games would be good because as of right now, Sony has one great game (Possibly the best sports game) and one horrific game (Possibly the worst sports game).
Old 07-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
How in the hell can you play a 2 disc game? Are you people dumb or something? It pretty much impossible to do a 2 disc game...

Anyhow, the reason why games are developed on the 360 is because it makes the most money, it has better graphics, and frankly its just a better console that easier to develop on, most likely.
Are there any 360 games with 2 disks? I can't think of any.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Or they could create something comparable to the crapfest that is SCEA Basketball...

Just because The Show is good doesn't mean other Sony sports games would be good because as of right now, Sony has one great game (Possibly the best sports game) and one horrific game (Possibly the worst sports game).

Have you played the game? Its not that bad, the faces of the players are pretty good and the commentator is quite good. When comparing it to a 2k or a live its not good but its a great arcade game
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »