Home

Slider Discussion.

This is a discussion on Slider Discussion. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #49
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Slider Discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pills91
First time poster, but, have been lurking for a little while.

I've played through my first pre-season, and, in 4 games, there has only been 1 INT and ZERO pass interference penalties. I have set the PI slider to 100, but, still nothing.

Anyone else having this issue?
I've played probably about 10 games total and have seen only one defensive PI call, no offensive PI.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #50
Rookie

uiucjpo's Arena

OVR: 5

I love this game, but I don't know about you guys, but I think the game engine is pretty messed up. I don't think there's any sliders to fix the problems I have with it either. In one game, me (Da Bears) and the CPU (Eagles) had a combined 9 (!) fumbles. Not only that, my kicker - a 91 rated former pro bowl kicker missed 2 XP and 2 FG even with 75 on the PWR slider. Now I do all my games super sim and its a million times better.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:56 PM   #51
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiucjpo
I love this game, but I don't know about you guys, but I think the game engine is pretty messed up. I don't think there's any sliders to fix the problems I have with it either. In one game, me (Da Bears) and the CPU (Eagles) had a combined 9 (!) fumbles. Not only that, my kicker - a 91 rated former pro bowl kicker missed 2 XP and 2 FG even with 75 on the PWR slider. Now I do all my games super sim and its a million times better.
Are you basing this observation on one game? What was the weather for the game? The reason I ask is because I've got about 10 games under my belt and haven't seen anything as crazy as what you just described. All of my games have been reasonable. I've never had a kicker miss an extra point. Further, they do pretty well on field goals(after a boost to FG power). If you're making that judgment based on one game you really should go back and play some more. I've read a lot of stuff about fairly inflated offensive stats, but for the most part people are reporting fairly accurate games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #52
Rookie

uiucjpo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrasius
Do you still get the defining moments and emotional decisions in supersim?
No (I don't think - I haven't), but my defining moments have all been pretty random and not very "defining" IMO. Such as are you going to go for it for 4 and 3, from your own 40, down 3, mid 3rd QTR?

Who cares? But then I won't get a defining moment for the same situation in the 4th QTR.

Still absolutely LOVE the game though.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #53
Rookie

uiucjpo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
Are you basing this observation on one game? What was the weather for the game? The reason I ask is because I've got about 10 games under my belt and haven't seen anything as crazy as what you just described. All of my games have been reasonable. I've never had a kicker miss an extra point. Further, they do pretty well on field goals(after a boost to FG power). If you're making that judgment based on one game you really should go back and play some more. I've read a lot of stuff about fairly inflated offensive stats, but for the most part people are reporting fairly accurate games.
That was one game of about 10 I've played now. It was in a dome. While that was the most extreme (and made me want to throw my controller through the TV) I do seem to have an extraordinary amount of fumbles. Almost ALWAYS 3 or more per game just for my side. I know the Bears are offensively challenged and all, but jeez, every play I sit there stressing out .
Old 08-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiucjpo
That was one game of about 10 I've played now. It was in a dome. While that was the most extreme (and made me want to throw my controller through the TV) I do seem to have an extraordinary amount of fumbles. Almost ALWAYS 3 or more per game just for my side. I know the Bears are offensively challenged and all, but jeez, every play I sit there stressing out .
It might be due to the CPU gameplanning for your RB. There's an option to cause more fumbles.

The other factor is fatigue.

But in general there are too many fumbles. Not always as extreme as your game but more than the NFL average.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #55
Rookie

uiucjpo's Arena

The CPU game planning *kinda* explains it.

Well they said its a modified Madden 08 engine. I guess that includes the Fumblitis

Last edited by uiucjpo; 08-15-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #56
Rookie

uiucjpo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
But in general there are too many fumbles. Not always as extreme as your game but more than the NFL average.
Could boosting RB ability fix this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »