Home

HC2020 - The Project (Again!)

This is a discussion on HC2020 - The Project (Again!) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2020, 12:49 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: HC2020 - The Project (Again!)

UPDATE: 4/18/20

Whew! (exhale)

So, I have the rosters done. Meaning I have updated the rosters with all the current players on the right teams and all the coaching staffs in place. And all the Draft Picks slots ready and just waiting to insert the players for this upcoming weeks draft.

The next phases are:
Update all Ratings/Appearances (Height, Weight, Skin tone, etc)
Update Salaries - Needs to be a adjusted - I have the formulas ready
Add Rookies and Ratings.
Update Free Agents

It will probably take me a month to get this all done.
It will be fairly quick to do the draft, but will take some time to update all the ratings. My goal is to complete a team a day. I am shooting for June 1st to have this project ready to go!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2020, 12:53 AM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampafan11
Do you have jlech's excel sheet? How are you getting the stuff from the EA editor to make the changes? I finally was able to get the editor to work. I think it was a problem with the version that I had downloaded.

If so, could you email it to me?

I appreciate the help!
I think I have it. I took a lot of notes from it.
It never really worked in the DB editor for me. HC09 does not seem to work well for the DB Editor Import feature. I can never get things to stay. Always got an error when trying to import. I have even tried newer editors. Same error.

So, I have been inputting all my editing manually in the DB editor. All this would go so much faster if I could get importing to work. But if I dig it up I will email it to you.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:59 AM   #43
Rookie

RATINGS:

Does anyone have any suggestions on which ratings to use?
I was going to just use Madden 20 ratings, but I think their a lot of people that have updated/adjusted those ratings to be more accurate...

If anyone has any suggestion on who might have the best ratings set, let me know.

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2020, 01:58 AM   #44
Rookie

2 More QUICK UPDATES:

Eureka!
I have figured out how to edit the draft order!
Which means instead just having players in their proper drafted order on the team, Dallas 1st pick, Dallas 2nd Pick, etc. I can actually edit the draft teams and order to match this years draft!

to Clarify in HC09 The Dolphins had the #1 Pick in the Draft. And I had no way to change. So If Burrows goes #1 to the Bengals, it would look like he went #9 because that is where the Bengals made their first pick that year. He still would be the Bengals first pick but not in the right spot, BUT NOT ANYMORE! I figured and tested the draft order. So, when you load your season The Bengals would have selected the #1 pick and Washington at #2 and so on. So I should be able to edit the game to mimic the upcoming draft EXACTLY!

Next update, I have also figured out how to edit the teams primary and secondary colors! I have not fully tested yet, with all these teams updating their looks I will be able to make those changes. Like the Rams going back to Royal Blue and Yellow vs the Navy and Gold. I will post photos once I fully test.

That's all for now. I am really excited for the progress that is being made and bringing this game back to life!
Old 04-19-2020, 07:47 AM   #45
Rookie

Really awesome to here definitely look forward gonna play this like crazy just a note to think about I’ve been playing the roster where someone did all legends back in 2014 and after a year A lot of players lost potential and overall just something to think about but really appreciate all the work will be following all the way throu 💪🏾
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2020, 11:57 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba1son
Really awesome to here definitely look forward gonna play this like crazy just a note to think about I’ve been playing the roster where someone did all legends back in 2014 and after a year A lot of players lost potential and overall just something to think about but really appreciate all the work will be following all the way throu 💪🏾
What do you mean exactly? Can you give me an example?
Did a bunch of players OVERALL Ratings decrease after one season? As well as their potential rating? Do you remember the age of the players, that might have something to do with it.

I will try to take a closer look at this when I get to the ratings. Thank you for the heads up.
Old 04-19-2020, 04:35 PM   #47
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcbjii
2 More QUICK UPDATES:

Eureka!
I have figured out how to edit the draft order!
Which means instead just having players in their proper drafted order on the team, Dallas 1st pick, Dallas 2nd Pick, etc. I can actually edit the draft teams and order to match this years draft!

to Clarify in HC09 The Dolphins had the #1 Pick in the Draft. And I had no way to change. So If Burrows goes #1 to the Bengals, it would look like he went #9 because that is where the Bengals made their first pick that year. He still would be the Bengals first pick but not in the right spot, BUT NOT ANYMORE! I figured and tested the draft order. So, when you load your season The Bengals would have selected the #1 pick and Washington at #2 and so on. So I should be able to edit the game to mimic the upcoming draft EXACTLY!

Next update, I have also figured out how to edit the teams primary and secondary colors! I have not fully tested yet, with all these teams updating their looks I will be able to make those changes. Like the Rams going back to Royal Blue and Yellow vs the Navy and Gold. I will post photos once I fully test.

That's all for now. I am really excited for the progress that is being made and bringing this game back to life!
I don't want to get you off track but would this mean you could start from preseason or offseason? If teams can get correct picks i would think that means we could redraft from offseason.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Operation Sports mobile app

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Old 04-19-2020, 06:44 PM   #48
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
I don't want to get you off track but would this mean you could start from preseason or offseason? If teams can get correct picks i would think that means we could redraft from offseason.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Operation Sports mobile app
Not possible w an edited roster. Makes you start after offseason. Otherwise that would be awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »