Home

Halo: Reach

This is a discussion on Halo: Reach within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #161
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Halo: Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
It looks like one of the weapons out of Halo 2-3 Concept art. It shot out spikes like a needler BUT they were much bigger and stronger than the needle shards. From what I read on Bungie.net from devs and looking at concept art it may be one of 2 new alien weapons that did not make the final build for Halo 2-3.

The first being a Needler based Mortar/Rocket Launcher. It shot out one large Needle Crystal that explodes. Mainly a Anti Vehicle type weapon. It sticks in it the detonate into more Needle Crystals. It can also be used against Infrantry but supposely is hard to aim and does damage splash similiar to a Brute Spike grenade.

The second being a Super Needler Carbine. It shoots like the regular Combine being as it has zoom capability but shoots out Needle Shards similiar to the battle rifle.

There have been 2 maps that have been getting talked about alot now and may be new muliplayer Maps. Devs have came into this thread about them saying they will try to incorperate it into a Multiplayer/Campaign based maps.

The first one is rumors of an Forerunner based Muliplayer lvl that has setinals repairing objects that actually effect the battle field. Like there may be a place that will get repaired by the setinals that you can get to later in the match. Also damage you do to the lvl will be repaired by them also. Sounds Interesting.

The second has you on the Planet Reach in the Shield base(Book readers know what I am talking about) and it has Alien Cruisers bombarding the base, eventially the shield gives in and destroys everything including you and ends the match. Seems to be pretty cool idea maybe for Campaign or CTF based gametypes.

The ideas above are strickly off of Concept Art images I have seen and other sources of info I have found. NONE OF IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!

Just to share.
You know what, that info I posted a while back (^) that had the Needler Rifle in it, that is actually in the game I wonder how much of the other stuff is going to be incorperated?

Technically didnt destructable environments get confirmed also?

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #162
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
You know what, that info I posted a while back (^) that had the Needler Rifle in it, that is actually in the game I wonder how much of the other stuff is going to be incorperated?

Technically didnt destructable environments get confirmed also?
The Needle rifle is real. It is basically a combo of a carbine and a needler. When you hit an emeny with 3 needles, they combust.

No word on destructable environments, or anything else in your previous post though.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #163
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Yuhas
The Needle rifle is real. It is basically a combo of a carbine and a needler. When you hit an emeny with 3 needles, they combust.

No word on destructable environments, or anything else in your previous post though.
Yeah, the only I heard so far was grenades actually blowing chunks of the ground up and explosions throwing shrapnel.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 01-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #164
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte06
So awesome.

Very unlikely there will be destructible environments - certainly nowhere near like in Bad Company, and at most, maybe somethings will chip and break away.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #165
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

Emile profile says pistol to feel very much like the Halo CE one.

Halo: Reach - 3D Art Evolved

Quote:
The image below shows the Assault Rifle as it first appeared in Halo: Combat Evolved then in Halo 3 and finally the new hotness that's coming to Reach. For perspective, the texture resolution is double and the number of polygons is over four times the last incarnation. The AR in Reach actually has more polygons than an entire Marine character did in Halo 3.
Quote:
"The Assault Rifle is a great example of this where at the start we nearly completely redesigned it. After we put it in the game we got a lot of feedback that while it looked really cool, it just didn't really feel like the AR that people knew and loved. So we actually ended up dialing it back and re-introducing some of the things that made the AR so iconic."

Quote:
It wouldn't be a Halo game without the Warthog and the new Hog carries forward a tradition upgrades spanning every one of Bungie's titles. (from left: Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo: Reach).

Quote:
Of course there's a lot more to Halo: Reach than just much prettier looking versions of existing 3D assets. There's new stuff in store, too. So far you've already seen glimpses of new weapons like the DMR and Needle Rifle as well as the new "Warthog of the sky," the Falcon. Each new item is built with the same painstaking attention to detail as the re-imagined originals, while staying true to the design team's goals and vision for gameplay.

In the weeks ahead we'll be looking closer at these new sandbox additions as well as the major advancements and investments being made in animation and how the team will be bringing these characters, weapons and vehicles to life like never before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #166
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

Halo Reach: Point of Impact

Quote:
It’s no secret that gunplay is an extremely important ingredient to Halo’s success, so we’ve been working around the clock to make sure the guns look, sound great, and perform better than they ever have before.
Quote:
“The DMR, or Designated Marksman Rifle,” Sage notes, “is a medium-to-long range support weapon. In range and play style it fits between the Assault Rifle and Sniper Rifle in the Human sandbox. Powerful in skilled hands, its rewards the ‘gunfighter’ – the calm, accurate player, who like to be in the fight. Its primary role is to suppress snipers and soften opposition before the shock troops close.”

“The DMR is deadly accurate if you breathe through the shots and get into the rhythm of firing it, but it quickly falls apart if you freak out and really start slamming the trigger. A player with surgeon’s hands will be able to use it anywhere, anytime. Players that struggle with their composure in a heated fight however will find it better suited to working guys from a distance, picking off the sick and weak from the herd.”

“Personally, I’ve found that I always like to have a DMR in my back pocket in the way that I would have kept around the pistol in Halo: Combat Evolved,” Josh says. “Either way, the big news with the DMR is that it’s particularly good at shooting Covenant in the face.”
Quote:
“The Needle Rifle is one of my personal favorites,” Josh notes. “While it is very similar to the Carbine in several ways, including its ability to headshot (Unicorn!), it’s still 100% Needler and comes stock with the ability to super-combine when it comes in contact with your enemies and spread them like jam across a warm piece of toast. Unlike the Needler, the rounds don’t track your target…because that would just be ridiculous.”

“The Needle Rifle is the Covenant’s answer to the DMR. It’s a medium-to-long range weapon with powerful anti-shield damage. It’s faster and more accurate than the DMR, but doesn’t have the same stopping power. It’s a Blamite! super-combining weapon (three shots to an unshielded body) that can also score headshots.”
Quote:
Punching it Up

“Ultimately the punch comes from a several pieces of awesome stacked on top of each. It starts with the improved art that instantly make you think a gun is sweet from the moment you see it and hold it. On top of that, we apply a creamy layer of rumble and camera shake to really sell it and let you feel the weapon’s power. After that, we apply a few slices of sweet effects that blast from the gun as you fire it and again at the point of impact.

“We use all the tools at our disposal to make the weapons feel powerful. These include but are not limited to sound, FX, feedack (rumble, screen shake, screen effects), and finally sweet, sweet game models.

Audio is the most effective tool. I have seen weapons go from “this weapon sucks!” to “OMG, this weapon is so powerful I think we may need to nerf it” after an audio only change. No actual damage or weapon changes were made. Go audio! It really is half the game.”
Old 01-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #167
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

Few tidbits from the latest Bungie podcast.
  • Sounds like first multiplayer details will be coming out the Microsoft X10 event next month.
  • Less weapons than Halo 3. There will be new weapons, but they want all the weapons to serve a purpose and be viable. Probably means no more Brute weapons, which I think is great.
  • Pistol has zoom and will be relatively powerful, but not like the uber Halo: CE pistol. Doesn't have pinpoint accuracy like the ODST pistol.
  • Working on communicating the spread of weapons through the HUD (like the reticle expanding and shrinking), which is something previous Halo games didn't do.
  • Weapon sway back from Halo: CE

Noble Team Profile #3

Old 01-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #168
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
Few tidbits from the latest Bungie podcast.
  • Sounds like first multiplayer details will be coming out the Microsoft X10 event next month.
  • Less weapons than Halo 3. There will be new weapons, but they want all the weapons to serve a purpose and be viable. Probably means no more Brute weapons, which I think is great.
  • Pistol has zoom and will be relatively powerful, but not like the uber Halo: CE pistol. Doesn't have pinpoint accuracy like the ODST pistol.
  • Working on communicating the spread of weapons through the HUD (like the reticle expanding and shrinking), which is something previous Halo games didn't do.
  • Weapon sway back from Halo: CE
Love these two features. Less weapons and I assume no dual wielding creates a gameplay sandbox where each weapon has an individual use.

The reticle spread seems like a great feature. Adds weapon skill to another degree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »