Home

Horizon: Zero Dawn

This is a discussion on Horizon: Zero Dawn within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 08:52 AM   #1009
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Horizon: Zero Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Is this puzzle you're talking about? All you have to do is complete the circuit using every node. I think it's always the same so maybe you can just copy how I did it.

Yea that was the part that gave me so much trouble I finally eventually got passed it after a few hours. I always just copy what the person on the video is doing as my puzzle skill level/desire is non existent. The problem with the videos I was having was people went so fast I would lose where I was since I was having to pause the video since it was under 2 min. Your video seemed to do a much better job with camera angles as every other one I saw aloy was blocking the doodad you turned. Also they didn't show where aloy was and the camera angle wouldn't be up enough. I was able to find a good 7 minute walkthrough on the last puzzle so finally I have that behind me.

I'm really enjoying the DLC (minus the horrible horrible puzzles) and my time is coming to a end with this game after 60+ hours which is unheard of for me.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #1010
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

After quitting about 10+ hours into the game last year, I rebought the game on the digital sale and am enjoying it so far. Playing on easy has been more enjoyable. I still think a game like God of War taught the various mechanics and RPG upgrades better. I initially found this game a bit confusing with all the weapons and rpg elements. I also found it hard and overly stealth based but playing on easy has helped. I always enjoyed the story and Knowing what to expect probably helps now too.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:59 AM   #1011
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
After quitting about 10+ hours into the game last year, I rebought the game on the digital sale and am enjoying it so far. Playing on easy has been more enjoyable. I still think a game like God of War taught the various mechanics and RPG upgrades better. I initially found this game a bit confusing with all the weapons and rpg elements. I also found it hard and overly stealth based but playing on easy has helped. I always enjoyed the story and Knowing what to expect probably helps now too.
I also play on easy after putting my pride aside and it’s by far the best thing I have done espically on a game like this where it takes so many hours to complete. I still died enough to keep me honest especially in the DLC and some of corrupted zones I still couldn’t beat. I never tried normal after I upgraded my skills just figure it wasn’t worth the risk since I was having fun.

All the weapons was overwhelming to me also so the first thing I did was upgrade the spear damage. The only other weapon I really used was the bow so I just keep it simple. Also be sure to upgrade to the bow with hard point arrows. Be sure to over ride the tall necks they open up the map and are easy to figure out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2018, 01:22 AM   #1012
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I also play on easy after putting my pride aside and it’s by far the best thing I have done espically on a game like this where it takes so many hours to complete. I still died enough to keep me honest especially in the DLC and some of corrupted zones I still couldn’t beat. I never tried normal after I upgraded my skills just figure it wasn’t worth the risk since I was having fun.

All the weapons was overwhelming to me also so the first thing I did was upgrade the spear damage. The only other weapon I really used was the bow so I just keep it simple. Also be sure to upgrade to the bow with hard point arrows. Be sure to over ride the tall necks they open up the map and are easy to figure out.
I play on easy, and story modes. I also play the hardest mode, but I play on easy the bulk of the time.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:17 PM   #1013
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Don't know how you guys are having trouble with the upgrading and whatnot. It's pretty straightforward plus there's tutorials that are optional that teach you pretty much every weapon. Plus, you get XP for completing them. Loved this setup and every open world game should do tutorials this way because you have incentive to doing them but you can also avoid them if you want to.

You guys need to use the other weapons you get in the game. Tripcaster is great and can deal a great amount of damage. Ropecaster which ties down enemies is also huge because you can then use other weapons to deal huge amount of damage while the machine is tied down. Upgrade sticky bombs using those attachments/runes (can't remember what it's called) because they do a lot of damage. For the bow and arrows, I mostly used fire arrows. There's five types of gameplay at your disposal. Stealth, melee, bows and arrows, bombs and traps. You guys need to use everything that's at your disposal. Also, be sure to scan the machines or look in the log to see their weaknesses so you can fully take advantage of the weapons that are at your disposal.

I played the entire game on hard and while early on, it's more stealth based. Still the only game this generation in which the gameplay is a perfect 10/10 for me. 150 hours total including The Frozen Wilds expansion. Can't wait for Horizon 2 on PS5!!!
Old 08-27-2018, 07:01 AM   #1014
Rookie

Imagine guys if this game was in PC xD
Old 08-27-2018, 07:03 AM   #1015
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

I really wanted to get through this game for the story, but the weapons killed it for me as well. I think I got to hunting Redmaw and just lost all interest. My friend kept telling me I needed to switch and use other weapons but I don't enjoy trying to trip these things. I had a feeling I would feel this way prerelease with all the talk of traps and whatnot, that's not my thing at all.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2018, 08:46 AM   #1016
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
I really wanted to get through this game for the story, but the weapons killed it for me as well. I think I got to hunting Redmaw and just lost all interest. My friend kept telling me I needed to switch and use other weapons but I don't enjoy trying to trip these things. I had a feeling I would feel this way prerelease with all the talk of traps and whatnot, that's not my thing at all.
I felt the same way. I thought it would be cool and instead didn’t dare for it that much. I get how some guys loved it but I still think the game exposed you to too many options and weapons too soon. And that includes the tool inventory which I didn’t even know how to lure machines with until now. Imagine if GOW let you have multiple weapons and all runes and things very early. It was a slow build and it made it easier to understand and go with. Sometimes too many options hurt things. I felt that way with MEA. They got rid of class limitations and let you pick all these powers and I had no idea what to do. Maybe I’m just lazy but I chose quitting the game over struggling through the learning process. Sometimes simpler is better.

That said playing this a second time and knowing what to expect helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »