Home

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PS4/XBox1/PC)

This is a discussion on Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PS4/XBox1/PC) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2018, 03:06 PM   #57
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PS4/XBox1/PC)

I still have my sights on this game. Waiting for all the fixes that would most likely have killed it for me due to my impatience and gaming add.

This recent one fixes unresponsive R2 attack button on some PS4 controllers

https://www.vg247.com/2018/02/16/kin...esnt-work-ps4/

And this future patch promises a better save/quit system and to improve lock-picking

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...S4-Xbox-One-PC
Old 02-17-2018, 03:08 PM   #58
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I will be honest. All that stuff seems like a negative to me. I don’t want to be a normal guy. I want to be awesome. And I don’t want to waste time learning things like how to read. If I want to feel like a regular guy and not know how to fix a car, I will just open my eyes and have my wife call me an idiot lol.
But those games are a dime a dozen. I like a fresh take personally...
Variety is cool.
I get what you're saying but I just like that it's off the beaten (to death) path.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 02-17-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:13 PM   #59
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

There are hundred and hundred of Chosen One games. The developers were always completely upfront about what this game is. People should just roll on past one of the rare games that does something different.

I will see where the game is in several months, too many bugs with a bad save system is not a good combo for me.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:17 PM   #60
Pro

vertman's Arena

OVR: 0

IGN gave it an 8 which is a positive review, although I don’t put a ton of stock IGN reviews. They seemed to like it for being different.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-17-2018, 06:24 PM   #61
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
IGN gave it an 8 which is a positive review, although I don’t put a ton of stock IGN reviews. They seemed to like it for being different.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Basically my thoughts so far:

If you need a game to have great graphics and polish along with smooth and easy to learn controls, this game isn't for you.

If you like the challenge, not being a great hero to start, and can overlook some bugs and graphical issues this game is great.

Story so far is pulling me in and the side characters seem to be worth getting to know.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 11:36 PM   #62
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm about 30 hours in and am only level 7. I am taking my sweet time and it is an impressive and immersive game. The last time I neglected personal hygiene, sleep and meals this much was for Oblivion and Skyrim.

My daughter loves to just mainly go around picking herbs, and she's played with me a couple of session, and my herbalism has outpaced all of my other skills and is sitting at level 19. (I highly recommend getting the "Leg Day" perk in herbalism, as it adds to your strength a bit as you raise herbalism)

I progressed the main story to the point where I got my horse, and I feel like the world has really opened up. I am going to put the main quest on the back burner and head to the town where you learn to read.

One negative that I forgot to mention in my first impressions earlier, is that the save system is not my preference. However, I'm have a strong feeling that it was a design decision to limit how much you can save, so that you will contemplate your decisions more, and not just do a quicksave and go headlong into the fray, where death has a high probability. I will say this though, I am now proficient in brewing the Saviour Schnapps, and I have found a few spots where the uncommon herb "belladonna" grows. (and they do respawn). I hear tell of a large patch of belladonna, but rumor has it that it is guarded by some unsavory characters. If anyone needs a tried and true recipe for this, let me know. (the first instructions I found online failed every time I tried it; I can't read yet, so I had to look something up)

I really like the depth of the skills and perks system. And there's some things that I've noticed, and am not sure if the game comes right out and tells you things- for example as I have been raising my herbalism skill, I am to the point where I can gather like 40 St. John's Wort in one gather action, if the patch is big enough. Those kilos of herbs add up, and that's what has made the having the horse so great, all that added carry capacity, and you don't even have to be in proximity of your horse to transfer items to your horse's inventory if you're overburdened.

Oh, I mentioned that my daughter has played some, and I need to warn that there's some content that is definitely not suitable for children. One particular scene is downright rated R. (she was not home for that one, thank goodness)

Ok, here's a few more things about the game that are awesome:
  • Horses have several attributes including speed, carry capacity, courage (for jumping over things), and stamina.
  • really like the feel of the countryside, woods and towns. Very well designed.
  • It's not a daily struggle to stay alive, although I did fall to my death once walking along a steep slope....load saved game and lesson learned.
  • combat and archery takes legit practice. There is no aiming reticule when shooting your bow. You have to practice to get a feel for where your arrow will travel. Love this about the game. There are many kinds of arrows with characteristics of damage dealt, type of damage, range, etc.
  • Farkle dice game

A few more not so excellent things include:
  • horse handling (serviceable, but not as smooth as say Zelda)
  • sometimes in the character screen your portrait is extremely low res (XB1, definitely an occasional bug)
  • encountered a bug in an archery contest where an NPC participant did not shoot his arrows- which lead me to approach him to ask him "what's up?"- which led to my disqualification due to me leaving my shooting station lol, which was one of the explicit rules not to be broken.
  • occasional flicker of light, random graphic bug
  • pop up is pretty bad sometimes when riding your mount, or running in a busy town center

With that said, I have encountered zero significant bugs/glitches that have hampered my game in a game breaking or annoying way. No crashes or instances where I became stuck, etc.

There are so many things I'm looking forward to, like leveling up my hunting so I can spend a perk point to skin animals, learning sword combos, learning alchemy recipes, saving up for a better saddle for my steed, and also having some horseshoes put on. I haven't even used the grinding stone yet for my sword. Plus, of course, one day exacting revenge on a few main story characters.....

Ok, I'll leave on a loot note. I play as a fairly honorable Henry (I don't go around assaulting civilians nor sneaking around at night burgling peoples homes), so I don't have awesome gear yet. What I do have has been earned by picking herbs until my fingers bleed, or relieving items from fallen hooligans that messed with the wrong person (me!). So, my weapons and armour are still somewhat modest, so about 20 hours in I come across one of those "interesting sites", where I find a container with the following inside:

Spoiler
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182

Last edited by StoneCalf; 02-17-2018 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Martin Grammatica
Old 03-06-2018, 04:47 PM   #63
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Everyone still liking this game? Best Buy has not had the PS4 version in stock for a week or so. Waiting for it to come back so I get my GCU discount

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 03-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #64
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I didn't know it was sold out. I haven't bought it because I'm waiting on Best Buy credit. Guess it's nice to know I couldn't buy it anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »