Home

Rumor: 'Tecmo Bowl Throwback' Coming to XBLA, PSN (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Rumor: 'Tecmo Bowl Throwback' Coming to XBLA, PSN (Joystiq) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Rumor: 'Tecmo Bowl Throwback' Coming to XBLA, PSN (Joystiq)

I actually put some decent hours into the PSX game... but nothing close to the older iterations... especially TSB III

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #50
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesTheCoach
I've never seen the PSX TSB in motion before (I honestly didn't even think it looked like that, I thought it had a different viewpoint). Very surprised at how good it looks in motion. Graphics are good too. Field is wider than TSB III, which is good.

About 95% of the things I've heard about that game have been downright horrible so I have to assume the gameplay is bad. Real bad.

It actually reminds me a lot of TSB III from looking at that video, which I definitely didn't expect.
I liked the PSX Tecmo. I liked TSB III too. I honestly can't see how someone can play a game for only 5 minutes and feel like they've played the game inside and out. To each their own though. Play it yourself. See if you like it.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:34 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ Sometimes a person plays a game and they just can't stand it. You wanna give it more of a chance, but you just can't stomach it. I gave it more than 5 minutes. I tried to play 3 games, but... it just wasn't right to me. I absolutely hated the lag, too. It was ridiculous.

It wasn't the worst football game I ever played (that's a tie between NFL Football for NES and Madden 08), but it was certainly the worst Tecmo Bowl I ever played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 01:18 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
^^^ Sometimes a person plays a game and they just can't stand it. You wanna give it more of a chance, but you just can't stomach it. I gave it more than 5 minutes. I tried to play 3 games, but... it just wasn't right to me. I absolutely hated the lag, too. It was ridiculous.

It wasn't the worst football game I ever played (that's a tie between NFL Football for NES and Madden 08), but it was certainly the worst Tecmo Bowl I ever played.
I agree with everything you said.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #53
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

LOL @ NFL Football (NES) mention..

I still remember that game, because that had to be one of the slowest moving games I have ever played.

I think the best part of the game might have been the menu music, that's about it.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

That's pretty much the general consensus on the game. I was just surprised at how good it looked. It was cool to see how the game panned closer to the field on kickoffs and then zoomed back out.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Tecmo on the PSX was awful. I just got a Wii on Saturday and downloaded the original Tecmo Bowl Arcade version and it's a blast. I like it when the players are more rounded and cartoony looking, not all flat and spaced out like on the PSX version. I actually would love to buy an arcade console of Tecmo Bowl if I ever found one.

I'm really hoping and praying that this Tecmo Throwback is like the arcade game in graphics, but with real teams, real NFL players (even if they are the old players that's fine) and they just upped the field and player detail into HD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #56
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesTheCoach
That's pretty much the general consensus on the game. I was just surprised at how good it looked. It was cool to see how the game panned closer to the field on kickoffs and then zoomed back out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Tecmo on the PSX was awful. I just got a Wii on Saturday and downloaded the original Tecmo Bowl Arcade version and it's a blast. I like it when the players are more rounded and cartoony looking, not all flat and spaced out like on the PSX version. I actually would love to buy an arcade console of Tecmo Bowl if I ever found one.

I'm really hoping and praying that this Tecmo Throwback is like the arcade game in graphics, but with real teams, real NFL players (even if they are the old players that's fine) and they just upped the field and player detail into HD.
That's fine. I still can't understand it though. It was Tecmo Football on the PSX. It was the same game. I don't understand how people feel it played so different. It only looked different. Weird . . .

Also, anyone rather play NES Play Action Football > Tecmo? Please excuse the hijack.

This game . . .

Last edited by reo; 02-15-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »