Home

The Joe Montana Football Issue

This is a discussion on The Joe Montana Football Issue within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: The Joe Montana Football Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
We don't know if there is one coming out. And the issue is that every thread devolves into either users fighting about it, attacking the "other game", or just spitting vitriol.

This is the stance we are taking. When the game is confirmed, I plan on opening it's own forum. But until then, this is the stance we are taking.
I understand but as a mature adult, if I don't like a post in the thread I just move along. I don't comment on it or waste any energy on nonsense. I'm very curious about this game but it's not life or death. It's just something to pass the time reading all of the speculation in the evenings for me.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:51 PM   #10
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Discussion/speculation are my favorite reasons for coming here. Whether it be about madden, NBA 2k, or the show reading and sharing ideas and stuff with other people is great. I think it's safe to say JM16 is a real game that is coming out, it'd be really fun to discuss and debate it with everyone here especially bc we havnt seen another football game in like 8 years.

I don't see the difference between a JM16 wish list thread and the madden 16 wish list thread. We know madden is coming out but its absolutely sure JM16 will be coming out also, just bc we don't know what consoles doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to speculate in my opinion.
Madden is a football game. We have no idea whether Joe Montana Football is really coming out, and if you can show me absolute confirmation (not a tweet, an actual development announcement) then I will be the first one to create the forum for it.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-22-2015, 09:52 PM   #11
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Because you are creating a Wishlist for nobody. Wishlist threads on OS are normally created so that developer who frequent the site can get an idea what the community would like to see in their game.
I don't mean any disrespect by this but come on. How many things from madden wish list have been implemented into the game? I feel wish lists are a way for us to express our inner dev and tell about ideas/mechanics we think would make a game better/more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 09:52 PM   #12
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I understand but as a mature adult, if I don't like a post in the thread I just move along. I don't comment on it or waste any energy on nonsense. I'm very curious about this game but it's not life or death. It's just something to pass the time reading all of the speculation in the evenings for me.
Unfortunately, not everyone that frequents this site shares your patience and/or casual view.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #13
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

Not that I got involved in the discussions, it was fun to come in and see people excited about the possibility of another game. The main issue I saw where the people coming in trying to argue to death that the Easter bunny doesn't exist. Let us be hyped for now because even though nothing has been 100% confirmed, there are real football game teasers being shown. We just don't know if it is a mobile game, console game, PC game or any concrete details. But there is a football game of SOME KIND being worked on.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #14
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I don't mean any disrespect by this but come on. How many things from madden wish list have been implemented into the game? I feel wish lists are a way for us to express our inner dev and tell about ideas/mechanics we think would make a game better/more realistic.
I won't go over the list, but we've had users from this site hired by EA Sports and Tiburon based on their "wish lists" and work. We've also had users hired by 2K.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #15
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Madden is a football game. We have no idea whether Joe Montana Football is really coming out, and if you can show me absolute confirmation (not a tweet, an actual development announcement) then I will be the first one to create the forum for it.
Can we have a thread dedicated to what we would like to see in a new football game? Not necessarily JM16 just a general discussion about what we would like to see in a new football game if one happened to come out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 09:56 PM   #16
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVermilion
Not that I got involved in the discussions, it was fun to come in and see people excited about the possibility of another game. The main issue I saw where the people coming in trying to argue to death that the Easter bunny doesn't exist. Let us be hyped for now because even though nothing has been 100% confirmed, there are real football game teasers being shown. We just don't know if it is a mobile game, console game, PC game or any concrete details. But there is a football game of SOME KIND being worked on.
That's the issue. There aren't teasers. There is concept art, and nothing is ever confirmed. This isn't the first or last time that art like this has been shown, faked, and/or developed but never released.

Remember the Joe Montana image with the 2K logo on it that @ThatSportsGamer posted, and the internet blew up thinking it was real? Same thing here. Until something has been confirmed, it isn't real to us anymore.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »