Home

WWE 2K19 Universe Mode - Fantasy Booking 101

This is a discussion on WWE 2K19 Universe Mode - Fantasy Booking 101 within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2018, 11:38 PM   #17
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: WWE 2K19 Universe Mode - Fantasy Booking 101

Good set of shows. I particularly liked the Smackdown show. Nice interaction between Shane and Miz and the tag that followed. Cruiserweight division getting some shine is nice as you got a story going with Cedric and TJP.

The main event was awesome. I'm invested in a Styles Batista rivalry for sure.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:46 PM   #18
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah great set of shows for sure! Really dig the idea of a Styles-Batista fued! Can't wait to see how this Miz thing goes either as he's a personal favorite of mine to write for!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 10-11-2018, 08:13 PM   #19
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Thanks for the responses, guys! I appreciate all the feedback!

I'm definitely excited to see what's to come. I have a lot of ideas in my head, not all of them are playing out as I pictured them, some are going better than I thought, some not as interesting for me, and others are just a completely different direction altogether that I pictured.

I'm definitely looking forward to keeping this up for a bit! NXT should be coming shortly.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:02 PM   #20
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

#1 Assassin opened up the show for the Las Vegas crowd by asking for a #1 Contender's match with Raw Steel for the NXT Internet Championship.

"You and I both know that Chronexer isn't worthy of being champion. To be honest, even you are questionable. The champion should be me, but I can't just go and name myself champion now, can I? So what do ya say, Steel? One more match between old buddies? Winner takes Chronexer for the Internet title."

Raw Steel entered the ring to answer Assassin.

"I'll keep this short and sweet, because I'd rather my fists do my talking than the microphone. I accept. You sure you're prepared for what you're getting in for? Stepping into the ring one on one with me can be bad for your health."

Assassin stared down Raw Steel, before sucker punching him in the face. The brawl finally got separated, and an official match was able to begin.

*#1 Assassin v. Raw Steel
#1 Contender's Match for NXT Internet Championship

The match was mostly one sided, with #1 Assassin maintaining a steady control. Raw Steel did kick out of Assassin's first attempt at an Assassination finisher, but the 2nd one put him down for the final 3 count.

*Ivory v. Bianca Belair

Bianca Belair asked for this match, as Ivory cost her the victory last week in her return, attacking Kairi Sane, awarding her the victory via DQ. Bianca Belair claimed she didn't need any help, especially not from gramma, and wanted to handle business face to face.

Belair was definitely the most ring ready of the 2, entirely dominating the former Diva. After being pinned, Ivory tried to attack Belair, but Belair again fended her off. Ivory's attempted comeback is not off to a strong start.

*Aliester Black v. Adam Cole

Adam Cole and the Undisputed Era used this opportunity to make an example of the NXT Champion, and continue to make names for themselves. After Adam Cole picked up a dominating victory over the champion, he continued the attack after the ring bell. Is Aliester Black in a vulnerable position as title holder?

*NXT Internet Champion Chronexer came out to address the NXT fans.

"This is my first time engaging with you guys! It's a dream come true to step into a WWE ring and win a WWE championship! Thank you guys for being a part of my journey! I'm not much of a talker, so I'll just say, anyone sees me on the strip tonight, drinks are on me!"

Following Chronexer's words to the fans, Johnny Gargano came to the ring.

"Is it just me, or is there something off about these new guys? Word around the locker room is that they've been competing around the world in CAW promotions, but my google research turns up nothing on #1 Assassin, Raw Steel, or Chronexer. They just show up one day, fight over a brand new, never before seen belt, and then the losers get to compete with each other to see who's gonna fight for that same belt, in what basically amounted to a squash match. Does anyone else here get a shot at that belt, or is it just your guys own personal little play thing? Cuz from the looks of things, there's nobody in that bunch that could pass for a legitimate champion in WWE. I mean, if you even look at these guys, you got one guy who seems to be taking his gimmick way too seriously, another roided up meathead who looks like he's trying to compensate for some otherwise fragile masculinity, and the 3rd one of the bunch, this damn quote - unquote "champion", showing up in a t-shirt and jeans like he just woke up and rolled out of bed and came into the ring in whatever clothes he found on his bedroom floor! I mean can one of you, any of you, come out here and explain to me just what the hell is going on?"

#1 Assassin came to the ring to confront Johnny Wrestling.

"Maybe you just need to sit back and mind your own business Johnny, and not get your nose in to things that you have no idea about. I mean, the only reason why you're even standing here right now and not getting your *** beat at this very moment is because your buddy Ciampa decided not to be a part of this NXT 2K19 season. It's a new season, Johnny. You're gonna see some new faces around here. Some new ways of doing things. New things in store."

"Oh yea, well what kind of things?"

"You really want to hear a secret, Johnny?" #1 Assassin put his microphone down and leaned into Johnny Gargano as if he was going to whisper a secret in his ear.

BAM! Assassin kicked Gargano square in the groin. Gargano dropped to his knees in agony. Getting to his feet, #1 Assassin continued the beating on Gargano, until the referee was finally able to get in the ring and break them up, just as NXT went off the air.

Johnny Gargano raises some interesting points for the WWE Universe! And what is this secret that #1 Assassin alluded to?
Old 10-12-2018, 11:40 AM   #21
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

Nice show. I really like NXT, it's a very creative sorta deal with those original wrestlers. Also Johnny Gargano's promo legitimately made me laugh! He spit some truth lol.

Any backstory to these caws by the way? Or are they supposed to be sort of mysterious for the tie being?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #22
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Great NXT man! I would also like to know more about these CAW's if you're willing to give more information! But if not, just let it flow naturally! Gargano's promo was great!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 10-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #23
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveMove
Nice show. I really like NXT, it's a very creative sorta deal with those original wrestlers. Also Johnny Gargano's promo legitimately made me laugh! He spit some truth lol.

Any backstory to these caws by the way? Or are they supposed to be sort of mysterious for the tie being?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
Great NXT man! I would also like to know more about these CAW's if you're willing to give more information! But if not, just let it flow naturally! Gargano's promo was great!

The CAW's are basically the CAW's that my best friends and I would make in our wrestling games back in the N64 days on Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy. I'm the only one who stuck with wrestling and wrestling games since then, so I've made my character (#1 Assassin) in every wrestling game I've played since then. But I've always been adding him into Universe Mode because it felt kinda weird to me lol. But this year, I figured I wanted to go all in on my Universe Mode, using whatever legends I wanted to, pushing who I wanted to, and incorporating my CAW. Basically, having a little more fun with it and not taking it so seriously (hence Gargano's comment! lol)

His basic concept is just basically being a Hip Hop style soldier aesthetic. I was a big Bone Thugs-N-Harmony fan (still am), which is where I got the name #1 Assassin, and just kind of made that style of aesthetic from it.

Raw Steel was one of my friend's attempt at a hulking MMA style fighter (hence the "fragile masculinity" bit lol), and Chronexer is my other friend who basically just made himself in the game, wearing t-shirts and jeans and Converse and having goofy finishers.

I have a couple ideas for the direction I want to go with them, and I haven't 100% decided, but I think I am leaning more heavily in one direction than others. One that keeps them involved and relevant, but not necessarily overshadowing the talent that is already there.

I dabbled with incorporating CAW's into Universe Mode a couple years back. Either 2K16 or 2K17. I figured that NXT was the perfect place to put them, and I had a little bit of interesting fun with it, so I figured this year, I'd go all out and add in my personal CAW's this year. Helps keep my interest in NXT as well since in real life I'm not as familiar with NXT as I am with Raw and Smackdown.

Hopefully this exposition on my CAW's enhances the storytelling with them rather than detracts, lol. Glad you guys liked NXT. It was honestly my use of the CAW's that I was most nervous about, but it was also something that I was excited about for my own personal experience.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:13 AM   #24
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

LIVE from Long Beach, CA, comes Monday Night Raw!

Goldberg came to address the Southern California crowd, and he was NOT happy!

"Kurt, I don't want you to take it personal that I was scheduled in a match against you. Triple H promised me a title match if I came back and fought a match against you. I didn't realize that it was all a set up, against you and against me. So I'm out here to tell the entire WWE Universe, and Triple H in the back, I want my title match, and I want it at Extreme Rules. Figure it out. And as for tonight, I want a chance to get my hands on that punk Baron Corbin. You act like a big man when you attack someone from behind, but tonight, you get to try me face to face."

Baron Corbin confronted Goldberg in the ring to accept the match. "I'm not afraid" he stated, after making the match official.

*Jason Jordan v. Triple H

Spoiler

*Elias v. Seth Rollins

Spoiler

*Heath Slater addressed the crowd to explain his actions last week in attacking Titus O'Neil in his Million Dollar Challenge match, and his attack on The Godfather the week before.

"I got kids! When you've got a boss like The Million Dollar Man, you know your kids are set for life! The new Million Dollar Challenge is, if you want a shot at DiBiase and the Million Dollar Championship, you've gotta go through me! Say hello to the Million Dollar Team!"

*Million Dollar Challenge
Heath Slater v. No Way Jose

Spoiler

*Nia Jax and Beth Phoenix confronted each other in a battle of words that turned physical as the 2 battled each other inside and out of the ring. In the end, Nia Jax walked away while Beth Phoenix was laid out at rindside.

*Extreme Rules
Goldberg v. Baron Corbin

Spoiler

*Finn Balor v. Braun Strowman

Spoiler

*Roman Reigns v. Sting

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »