Home

2009-2010 Hot Stove League

This is a discussion on 2009-2010 Hot Stove League within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2009, 07:12 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: 2009-2010 Hot Stove League

Red GM Walt Jockety has been quoted that the Reds wont be lookin for any type of big name FA & lookin for other ways to adress the future.
Buster Olney then reported this morning on "Mike & Mike" that they're lookin to ship Bronson Arroyo, Aaron Harang, &..... BRANDON PHILLIPS! Francisco Cordero also maybe looking to be shipped. Its said to be done due to the economic problems.
IDK if you know about Cincy fans and there love for BP, but all H3!! will break loose if that mans traded. That will do nothing but keep people from going out and put us back down to the bottom of NLC w/ Pit & Hou. Oh well atleast we got Cats & Bengals football!

Last edited by Jnort3; 11-12-2009 at 07:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #26
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
IIRC Uggla killed the Jays in interleague this past season

Anyways the Yanks are now in the race for Doc according to SI. "sigh"

I have a feeling that by spring training Doc is gonna be gone.
Halladay is a long shot to start the season with Jays next year. I think the damage caused by Ricciardi is irreparable.

I can't see any deal with the Yankees not involving Phil Hughes and Austin Jackson. The Yankees were not willing to part with Hughes for Santana will they be willing for Halladay?.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #27
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

Doc will not be a Yankee. No way we give up Jackson. Maybe Montero, but our minors would be DEPLETED.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #28
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Rumors regarding Adrian Gonzalez, but take it with a grain of salt since I heard it from Lee "Quacksaw" Hamilton.

Obviously the Red Sox are interested, but I heard that Atlanta has also shown interest.

There was also another rumor, but I couldn't understand a single word Hacksaw said.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #29
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
Rumors regarding Adrian Gonzalez, but take it with a grain of salt since I heard it from Lee "Quacksaw" Hamilton.

Obviously the Red Sox are interested, but I heard that Atlanta has also shown interest.

There was also another rumor, but I couldn't understand a single word Hacksaw said.
I can't wait til he gets traded so the O's boards stop talking about him...They honestly think we have a shot.

I'd love to have him but I'm not giving up Tillman, Matusz, etc. that it'd most certainly take to even get the Pads attention.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
Doc will not be a Yankee. No way we give up Jackson. Maybe Montero, but our minors would be DEPLETED.
Other way around. I'd say Montero is near untouchable. Jackson's a good prospect, but he won't have anywhere near the impact Montero would.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:05 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
Other way around. I'd say Montero is near untouchable. Jackson's a good prospect, but he won't have anywhere near the impact Montero would.
Exactly.

Jackson could end up being a good player, but there are questions with his k rate and lack of power.

Montero is one of the best hitting prospects in baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
I can't see any deal with the Yankees not involving Phil Hughes and Austin Jackson. The Yankees were not willing to part with Hughes for Santana will they be willing for Halladay?.
I seriously doubt any team is going to dump a top player for Phil Hughes at this point. The Yanks have had him up for three years now, and he doesn't seem to be progressing or looking like that future ace he was supposed to be. You can always turn things around and everything, but I ultimately think he ends up being an under the radar kind of thing. The Yanks maybe end up "dumping" him to another team who wants to make a project out of him, like the Cardinals tend to do with pitchers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »