Home

2009-2010 Hot Stove League

This is a discussion on 2009-2010 Hot Stove League within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #41
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2009-2010 Hot Stove League

I really doubt Phillips is going anywhere, as he only makes $6.75M this year. It would make no sense to trade him, but re sign Ramon Hernandez as they did today for $3M if they had to shed payroll. Now this would make sense a year from now when he's making $11M.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #42
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
I'd rather get Phillips than Uggla.
I would rather take Uggla.

While Phillips does steal bases wheras Uggla does not. Defensively they are reasonably comparable. And Uggla puts up big numbers in a lousy hitters park while Phillips puts up good numbers in a great hitters park.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #43
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsox
I would rather take Uggla.

While Phillips does steal bases wheras Uggla does not. Defensively they are reasonably comparable. And Uggla puts up big numbers in a lousy hitters park while Phillips puts up good numbers in a great hitters park.
Hmmm...I think Uggla is the better offensive player. Phillips, however, is much better defensively and is a year younger. Honestly, Uggla is a 1B/3B in waiting...at that point his numbers will lose a little bit of value. The one thing going for Uggla is his consistency...Phillips has been a little up and down. I think in the end it's a wash, but if I'm looking for a secondbaseman I go with Phillips. If I just need a bat I go with Uggla.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #44
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Phillips doesn't get the credit he deserves defensively. He is a pretty solid at second. Much better than Uggla when it comes to defense.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 11-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #45
Rookie

DaltonT4's Arena

OVR: 5

As a reds fan BP is easily my favorite player, along with Votto and Cueto. And if Jocketty does trade Phillips i will be one unhappy fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #46
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Phils might trade Cole Hamels according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. Also of note is that there's still some talk about Halladay to Philly if Hamels is traded. Phils GM Ruben Amaro denies it but industry sources say Phils' management is keeping an eye on anything Halladay related in the offseason.
Guess Cole is on the hotseat after his comments made during the World Series. Personally I'd have no qualms at all if he left and we got Doc in return. A 1/2 of Lee/Halladay...
Old 11-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #47
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

New reports indicate that the Jays will give any team that's interested in a trade for Halladay a window to work out a deal with him before consumating a trade. That way the club receiving Halladay will know that he's a long term investment and likely will give up more to get him.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #48
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

I'd trade Kouz/Headley, Latos, and one more player to the Phillies for Hamels. Probably isn't enough though.

Not going to happen though, this is not the thread for fan trade talk.

Anyways, the White Sox also have shown interest in Adrian Gonzalez. Maybe we should trade him for Peavy to get that elusive frontline ace the team is currently lacking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »