Home

2010 Hot Stove Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 Hot Stove Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 2010 Hot Stove Thread

Brilliant move by Anthopolous trading for Miguel Olivo. All he has to do is decline his option and offer him arbitration and then he'll get a sandwich round pick once another team signs him.

This draft class is loaded also so a pick in the 45-50 range will still have a load of talent.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #18
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballking888
The Braves definitely need to get a Left Fielder this offseason. I could see them going for Magglio Ordonez, but I doubt Frank Wren will sign him. Out of the other outfielders in the market, Johnny Damon seems to make the most scene. I'll also be skeptical of what we do for a closer as well.
Magglio Ordonez' days of playing the OF are probably over and he will likely return to Detroit as a DH. Damon i could see since the Braves could use him at the top of the order. The biggest issue with Damon is going to be whether he still sees himself as being worth the $15 million he thought he was worth last winter.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #19
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
For the Rockies, they need to be able to resign De La Rosa for a reasonable amount(3 years, $27 million?) while also adding a solid bat at one of the following: C/1B/OF.

Victor Martinez is on the Rockies radar I believe, but they are pretty much huge underdogs.
Supposedly the Orioles are eying Martinez to be a backup/mentor to Matt Wieters while also playing some 1B and DH. The Tigers are also said to be interested in Martinez and if he were smart should jump at the chance to hit in front of Miguel Cabrera.

Don't count on an upgrade at 1B since the Rockies already extended Todd Helton's contract during the season.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #20
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

San Diego has a messy offseason this year.

Position needs:
2B/SS, C, SP

So far no names have been thrown around, but depending on which MIF position they fill, the other will be occupied by Everth Cabrera.

Players already set to leave:
SP Kevin Correia
SP Jon Garland (declined option)
C Yorvit Torrealba (declined option)
2B David Eckstein
2B Jerry Hairston
SS Miguel Tejada
OF Scott Hairston

SP Chris Young already had his option declined but the Padres are looking to sign him to a deal. The Padres are also shopping around Adrian Gonzalez and Heath Bell.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #21
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Heh this part of baseball season is boring since the Marlins usually make no moves. It'd be nice if they try to get some relief pitchers tho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #22
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
Brilliant move by Anthopolous trading for Miguel Olivo. All he has to do is decline his option and offer him arbitration and then he'll get a sandwich round pick once another team signs him.

This draft class is loaded also so a pick in the 45-50 range will still have a load of talent.
Yeah, Alex is really good at those kind of things. He did the same thing with Gregg as well though the Jays may come back in a couple weeks and offer him a deal but if not, they'll get a pick anyways.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-06-2010, 06:49 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 18

I'm a little torn. I hear that Adrian Gonzalez is on the block again, and I gotta imagine the Red Sox are seriously eyeballing him. They have been for a while anyways, but with A-Gon's agent already coming out and saying that the Padres are unlikely to sign him next year, I gotta imagine they try to deal him. The rumor I am hearing most is Ellsbury and Lars Anderson for Adrian.

Jacoby is a great tablesetter when he gets on, but will he be healthy? Lars is a good prospect, but he's just that, a prospect, who has had some serious ups and downs the last couple years. I really think Adrian would go absolutely ballistic in Fenway with his ability to effortlessly drive the ball the other way.

I don't know what will happen. I would definitely like to see the Sox go after Adrian, even if it cost Jacoby.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #24
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Hopefully Rockies resign Jorde De La Rosa. So far, only Ubaldo and Chacin are the only "locks" and Hammel is a maybe for the rotation next year so they need to address that in the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »