Home

2010 Hot Stove Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 Hot Stove Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #33
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2010 Hot Stove Thread

He didn't say the Brewers were going to trade Braun but IF they were shopping Braun the Red Sox would be interested.
And i think that comes from all the talk that the Red Sox should pursue Prince Fielder, which probably doesn't happen because 1) Scott Boras is looking for a huge (bigger than Prince himself) contract for fielder and 2) the Sox prefer Adrian Gonzalez.

And i wouldn't say "literally no chance" about the Brewers possibly trading Braun. The Brewers biggest need is pitching and there isn't much of it out there. The Brewers are in the same boat with Fielder as the Padres are with Gonzalez and have 0 leverage in the trade market. They can only get whatever anyone is willing to give up for Fielder while Braun could bring back a Clay Buchholz and a Casey Kelly and probably whatever else the Brewers ask for.

I don't personally believe the Brewers will trade Braun but considering that the best options on the free agent market that the Brewers could actually sign are Jorge De La Rosa (whoem the Brewers already traded once), Jon Garland (who could easily be the next Jeff Suppan in a Brewer uni) and the often injured trio of Jake Westbrook/Vicente Padilla/Brad Penny they would be fools not to at least listen to offers.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #34
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsox
He didn't say the Brewers were going to trade Braun but IF they were shopping Braun the Red Sox would be interested.
And i think that comes from all the talk that the Red Sox should pursue Prince Fielder, which probably doesn't happen because 1) Scott Boras is looking for a huge (bigger than Prince himself) contract for fielder and 2) the Sox prefer Adrian Gonzalez.

And i wouldn't say "literally no chance" about the Brewers possibly trading Braun. The Brewers biggest need is pitching and there isn't much of it out there. The Brewers are in the same boat with Fielder as the Padres are with Gonzalez and have 0 leverage in the trade market. They can only get whatever anyone is willing to give up for Fielder while Braun could bring back a Clay Buchholz and a Casey Kelly and probably whatever else the Brewers ask for.

I don't personally believe the Brewers will trade Braun but considering that the best options on the free agent market that the Brewers could actually sign are Jorge De La Rosa (whoem the Brewers already traded once), Jon Garland (who could easily be the next Jeff Suppan in a Brewer uni) and the often injured trio of Jake Westbrook/Vicente Padilla/Brad Penny they would be fools not to at least listen to offers.
I don't think you listen to offers for Braun when he's under team control for the next 5 years and makes 12 mil or less in all of those seasons. He might be the best value in baseball, and the Brewers can't get rid of a player of Braun's caliber because they would never be able to replace his production for that money.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #35
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
I don't think you listen to offers for Braun when he's under team control for the next 5 years and makes 12 mil or less in all of those seasons. He might be the best value in baseball, and the Brewers can't get rid of a player of Braun's caliber because they would never be able to replace his production for that money.
Evan Longoria is the best value in Baseball, but thats another discussion.

I agree with you that it would be hard to replace what Braun brings to the table offensively for the money, but it wouldn't be impossible. Offense is always easier to come by than good pitching. If the Brewers had good pitching in their system they wouldn't need to sign the Jeff Suppan's, Randy Wolf's, Dave Bush's, and Chris Narveson's of the world. The fact that you have a gem like Braun means (again) (b)IF(/b) they were looking to trade him they could command a kings ransom for him...and expect to get it.

And don't kid yourself about not listening to offers. Every team in every sport listens to offers about every player on their roster. Don't think the Yankees have never listened to offers for Jeter, or the Lakers have never listened to offers for Kobe, or the Patriots have never listened to offers for Tom Brady. At the end of the day it's all a business.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Heh this part of baseball season is boring since the Marlins usually make no moves. It'd be nice if they try to get some relief pitchers tho
I hear you there. Fortunately I'm a life-long Yankee fan. Sometimes this part of the season is more fun than the regular season... not really lol. Seems like the colder it gets outside the hotter than Yankee news gets. Love this part of the season. LEE
Old 11-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #37
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

A's acquire David DeJesus from Royals. Another one of those moves I don't really understand for the A's.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:32 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobalt
A's acquire David DeJesus from Royals. Another one of those moves I don't really understand for the A's.
Jeff Francoeur, come on down! You're the next contestant on Dayton Moore's House of Horrors.

Last edited by Chaos81; 11-10-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #39
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Apparently Brian Cashman has gone down to Arkansas to beg and bribe Cliff Lee into coming to NY.

UGH

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #40
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Can't say anyone is surprised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »