Home

2018 Off-Season Thread

This is a discussion on 2018 Off-Season Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2018, 04:54 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2017-2018 Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Rozier or Kyrie?

Hmm tough decision...

But you add the best defender in the league and can afford to keep Smart and Tatum Long term..

Smart right now is in many ways their most important player, not much unlike how much better GS is when Dray is on the floor. He and Horford are their biggest “impact” guys, have been for two seasons now whether it’s IT, Kyrie, or Rozier on the floor scoring from the point spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #106
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Hopefully Boston so they don't make that stupid as hell trade.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:15 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

How is it a bad move for Boston if they have Rozier, Hayward, Kawhi, Tatum, Horford, Smart and can actually afford to keep them all for more than just the next year or two?

What happens if Kyrie is hurt again every year going forward, they lose Smart because they can’t pay him, lost Rozier because they couldn’t pay him, then lose Tatum/Brown because they could only pay one of them?

If Boston can already make the ECF finals without Kyrie and Hayward, and with Brown hurt, it would be scary to think what they would like look with Kawhi.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:23 PM   #108
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

how are you worried about Kyrie's injury and not Kawhi's? stop it I love Rozier but this is not even close. Kyrie is an animal in the playoffs.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #109
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

2017-2018 Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
how are you worried about Kyrie's injury and not Kawhi's? stop it I love Rozier but this is not even close. Kyrie is an animal in the playoffs.

Kyrie has had issue with this knee for 4 years now, two surgeries, and Ainge (or was it Stevens?) has already come out and said this will be something that likely lingers for the rest of his career. He’s been in the league 6 seasons and in 4 of them he’s missed at least 20 games. Kawhi’s injury hasn’t required surgery, and though he’s missed games as well this isn’t something that will likely linger for years and need more future surgeries.

Rozier is averaging 19 and 7 in this years postseason, Kyrie’s career is 24 and 5. Rozier isn’t the player Kyrie is, I’m not saying he ever will be, but right now you’re getting a pretty decent glimpse of what the team would look like with Kyrie due to how well he’s playing. Now imagine adding Kawhi and Hayward.

Like I said, it’s not really as simple as Kyrie vs Rozier. It’s pretty much a unanimous decision that Kawhi is a top 5 player in the league, something Kyrie will never be. And like I said, you keep Smart long term.

It’s more Kawhi, Rozier, Smart, vs Kyrie and Brown. And if Rozier can maintain anything close to this level of play that is ridiculously lopsided in Boston’s favor.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:38 PM   #110
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Kyrie has had issue with this knee for 4 years now, two surgeries, and Ainge (or was it Stevens?) has already come out and said this will be something that likely lingers for the rest of his career. He’s been in the league 6 seasons and in 4 of them he’s missed at least 20 games. Kawhi’s injury hasn’t required surgery, and though he’s missed games as well this isn’t something that will likely linger for years and need more future surgeries.

Rozier is averaging 19 and 7 in this years postseason, Kyrie’s career is 24 and 5. Rozier isn’t the player Kyrie is, I’m not saying he ever will be, but right now you’re getting a pretty decent glimpse of what the team would look like with Kyrie due to how well he’s playing. Now imagine adding Kawhi and Hayward.

Like I said, it’s not really as simple as Kyrie vs Rozier. It’s pretty much a unanimous decision that Kawhi is a top 5 player in the league, something Kyrie will never be. And like I said, you keep Smart long term.

It’s more Kawhi, Rozier, Smart, vs Kyrie and Brown. And if Rozier can maintain anything close to this level of play that is ridiculously lopsided in Boston’s favor.

If I’m the Celtics and the way they make stars out of everyone I would do that trade.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:03 PM   #111
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
2017-2018 Off-Season Thread

Didn’t Dre post an article in here saying Kawhi’s injury isn’t something that’ll go away? It doesn’t require surgery but there’s also no idea how to prevent it from coming back.

If that’s the case, then there’s just as much risk in him as there is in Kyrie.

And the Celtics have 3-4 years to worry about keeping Tatum long term and if that’s the case, why wouldn’t they be able to afford Kyrie as well? We’ve seen plenty of teams over the years be able to afford 3 stars and in one case 4 stars so I wouldn’t put it past Boston just yet. And if that system is so good(which I think it is based on how guys like Gerald Green, Marcus Morris, Shane Larkin among others), then I doubt they’ll have much difficulty finding another Terry Rozier or an inconsistent Marcus Smart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2018, 06:19 PM   #112
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Weve come a long way from not even wanting to give up IT for Kyrie, lol

I would definitely consider that trade in this hypothetical scenario though....I know hes had a year off but man, Kawhi Leonard still a pretty decent ball player....and would be a low maintenance addition to that system....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »