Home

Where's the scrutiny? (LT)

This is a discussion on Where's the scrutiny? (LT) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2006, 10:45 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Where's the scrutiny? (LT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
No, trust me, we've been burning down buildings for years here since we didn't draft him. Everyone in this city wanted LT that draft, and we picked Big Nothing. UGH!
Warren still lives in my nightmares, along with Courtney Brown, Tim Couch, Jeff Faine and others.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:46 AM   #10
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
No, trust me, we've been burning down buildings for years here since we didn't draft him. Everyone in this city wanted LT that draft, and we picked Big Nothing. UGH!
The Browns have had some pretty unremarkable/snakebitten drafts for...well since they came back in the league.

In the NFL, you not only need your high picks to become players, but the great franchises seemingly find diamonds in the rough every year. The Browns haven't had either.

Here's to hoping Edwards, Winslow and Frye turn that trend around.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:47 AM   #11
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
The Browns have had some pretty unremarkable/snakebitten drafts for...well since they came back in the league.

In the NFL, you not only need your high picks to become players, but the great franchises seemingly find diamonds in the rough every year. The Browns haven't had either.

Here's to hoping Edwards, Winslow and Frye turn that trend around.
Actually, every single draft since and including 99 has been a complete joke. We can't draft, we know it, the NFL knows it, and even Matt Millen knows it as he took us for a 2nd round pick to move up one slot.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2006, 10:48 AM   #12
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That being said, Cleveland, Cincy and Arizona all had a RB need if I remember.
Ahhh, ok. I couldn't remember the circumstances of that draft. Yep, those three teams screwed up, big time.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 12-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #13
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
Warren still lives in my nightmares, along with Courtney Brown, Tim Couch, Jeff Faine and others.
I still would have taken Couch 10 out of 10 drafts with that same class. Granted McNabb was the class of it now, but not then.

The rest of the idiots we picked, I wanted someone else every single time. I was so happy that we may get LT his draft, and we took Warren, I seriously remember breaking my cable remote in 2 over that pick.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 12-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #14
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Actually, every single draft since and including 99 has been a complete joke. We can't draft, we know it, the NFL knows it, and even Matt Millen knows it as he took us for a 2nd round pick to move up one slot.
lol, oh man, when Matt f'in Millen is one-upping you....
Old 12-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #15
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

Although I think ATL would be a better team with Schaub and LT, it's hard to blame them for picking Vick from a business standpoint. My sister and her family live just outside of Atlanta so I've been a little more observant than normal and since day 1 of the Vick era, that city has been very supportive of the Falcons. Pre Vick, the dome would be half empty and thanks to Vick (and Arthur Blank and the rest of the ownership cutting ticket prices) that place is almost always full. Is LT the best player in the NFL? Yes, no doubt. Did they make a mistake passing on him? Yes. But Vick has made the city of Atlanta and the Falcons franchise tons and tons of money.

As for Cleveland, Zona and Cincy, bad move, although Rudi is becoming a more and more productive back. Zona could have had LT right away and used the rest of the $ they spent on Edge in other areas. As for Cleveland, well....it's Cleveland. They screw up drafts. That's what they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #16
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTop1
Although I think ATL would be a better team with Schaub and LT, it's hard to blame them for picking Vick from a business standpoint. My sister and her family live just outside of Atlanta so I've been a little more observant than normal and since day 1 of the Vick era, that city has been very supportive of the Falcons. Pre Vick, the dome would be half empty and thanks to Vick (and Arthur Blank and the rest of the ownership cutting ticket prices) that place is almost always full. Is LT the best player in the NFL? Yes, no doubt. Did they make a mistake passing on him? Yes. But Vick has made the city of Atlanta and the Falcons franchise tons and tons of money.

As for Cleveland, Zona and Cincy, bad move, although Rudi is becoming a more and more productive back. Zona could have had LT right away and used the rest of the $ they spent on Edge in other areas. As for Cleveland, well....it's Cleveland. They screw up drafts. That's what they do.
One thing though, had Arizona picked LT, he'd be Thomas Jones right now. Good back, but never great. Arizona can't block, and never will be able to block to save their lives.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »