Home

Where's the scrutiny? (LT)

This is a discussion on Where's the scrutiny? (LT) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2006, 04:18 PM   #25
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Where's the scrutiny? (LT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
So you know who the player in question is. Obviously in this case, it's Thomlinson, but in more broad cases, LT can mean both. LDT is just easier to use so there's no confussion. I also type out Oregon St, Oklahoma St, Fresno St, and other things where there're multiple things with the same initials.
Does anyone still talk about Lawrence Taylor frequently enough to confuse his nickname with best player in the game today?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2006, 04:21 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Does anyone still talk about Lawrence Taylor frequently enough to confuse his nickname with best player in the game today?
Is it that big of a deal? Could you not tell who I meant?
Old 12-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #27
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
This is why I stopped having a beef with people using "LT" and have come to use it myself. Now if Lawrence Taylor was still in the league i'd use LT for him and LDT for Tomlinson.

It's not that HUGE of a deal IMO.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-18-2006, 04:29 PM   #28
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Is it that big of a deal? Could you not tell who I meant?
I would likely be able to tell who you were talking about even if you called them both LT based on the fact that they play entirely different positions. We'd never be hearing about how Taylor rushed for 150 yards and 4 TD's or Tomlison sacking the QB and returning the ensuing fumble for a TD.

It's LT. Not LDT or LTD (as Dan Patrick is calling him).
Old 12-18-2006, 04:51 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
So you know who the player in question is. Obviously in this case, it's Thomlinson, but in more broad cases, LT can mean both. LDT is just easier to use so there's no confussion. I also type out Oregon St, Oklahoma St, Fresno St, and other things where there're multiple things with the same initials.
Actually, I want to know who this Thomlinson guy is and why he wasn't drafted at all?
Old 12-18-2006, 05:04 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
When have they not!?!?!?!?

Yeah, in 2001 Cleveland took James Jackson in the 3rd and Cincy took Rudi in the 4th. Now, Rudi has been OK, but LT is LT. Arizona was running the Pittman/Thomas Jones duo in '01.
Whoa, buddy. Rudi is a perennial 1400 to 1500 yard per year back. He's no LT, but he's been a tad better than OK. At the time, Cincy also had Corey Dillon who was coming off 4 straight 1,000 yard seasons, his 2000 campaign gaining 1400 yards, so they were solid at the HB position.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:39 PM   #31
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

OVR: 11

Looking at this a little closer

Atl I give a pass because they did have Jamal Anderson whom just 2 years ago had put 1800. He did put up 1000 yards but only averaged 3.6 ypc. The Vick drafting made since because Chandler and company just were not cutting it. But vick did not come out as a pocket passer so what were they expecting.

Cin has Cory Dillon so pass but did take Rudi in the 4th. So not bad. Consider this though their 21st ranked defense is bad just not as bad as the 30th ranked offense

Cle, I am confused as to why they did not take LT. There leading rusher Travis Prentice averaged 3.0 ypc. That is terrible, but they did take James Jackson in the 3rd. I cannot remember if Davis was the coach yet? I assume he was though. So he took a guy from the U. Then again in 00 their defense was terrible, ranked 28th but their offense was ranked 31st. That was last then.

Ari had Jones and Pittman. Jones ran for 300 and Pittman for 700. Both had ypc under 4. But consider this Jones was taken in the 1st round in 2000. So while Jones had shown nothing really they were waiting for him to burst. They did need help on the line but tell me I havent heard that one from this team before.

Only real one I can see a big time problem with is Cle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow are people here seriously comparing this to the MJ stuff ? Let LT get at least 1 title first. MJ is the best ever and had 6.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »