Home

Where's the scrutiny? (LT)

This is a discussion on Where's the scrutiny? (LT) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2006, 12:07 AM   #49
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Where's the scrutiny? (LT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I just don't understand why the Falcons would draft "vertical" type receivers, when what they need is a possession guy. They run the West Coast offence, which is timing and lots of passes over the middle. They don't need the next Randy Moss, all they need is the next Andre Reed. Yet they have three guys who are unwilling to go where the big defenders are.
The only guy who fits that is Brian Finneran but he's injured.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-19-2006, 01:26 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Most people that bash Vick never see him play. They see the stat sheets. He is their team.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:31 AM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBoy
Most people that bash Vick never see him play. They see the stat sheets. He is their team.
Yeah, disagree on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2006, 03:23 AM   #52
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBoy
I see both sides to this. Yes, he can be THE difference in a game. But I have literally screamed at the tv watching Vick (not) go through his progressions, because one, sometimes two guys are wide open. I have no vested interest in the Falcons, but it angers me to see him struggle with one of the fundamentals of being a QB, then b*tch about how everyone says he's not a real QB.

I'm sorry Vick fans, the guy is just not football intelligent enough...yet. Maybe one day. But his coaches are doing him no favours putting him in that offence with all the wrong personnel around him, Dunn being the exception.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:52 AM   #53
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
When LDT wins 2 MVP awards or two Super Bowl MVP awards, maybe you'll have an argument.
So is Barry Sanders an average running back because he never won a title and only shared one MVP?

Completely flawed logic.

And to the guy who said most people never see Vick.... that's even more ridiculous than the earlier post. If you've watched the NFL in the last 5 years you can't avoid Vick.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 12-19-2006, 07:57 AM   #54
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
So is Barry Sanders an average running back because he never won a title and only shared one MVP?

Completely flawed logic.

And to the guy who said most people never see Vick.... that's even more ridiculous than the earlier post. If you've watched the NFL in the last 5 years you can't avoid Vick.
A lot of people's logic on these boards is flawed Clay. They fall into either one of two categories:

1. Homer
2. Ignorant about the sport

To say that LT isn't the best player in the game today is complete lunacy. The guy isn't just breaking records, he's completely blowing away 20, 30, even 40 year old records.

Oh well, whatever floats their boat I guess.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:56 AM   #55
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

As for the original topic, I think people in general accept the notion that most football front offices are filled with morons who can't draft so there's no point in scrutinizing them.

All the stuff at the combine, etc, I think it's reached a point where people over-analyze every player and out think themselves. Last April was a perfect example, the Texans passing on Reggie Bush? C'mon now.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2006, 09:07 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 15

In efforts to get back on topic, you cant compare LT and the guys that went before him in the draft to Jordan and Sam Boowie(spelling?) because of the nature of the NFL draft. There have been many great players picked late in the first round or not even on the third day. The NFL draft is a complete crapshoot becuase you dont always know what your going to get. Tom brady was what a 4-5th rounder. This year the bears have the leading rookie in sacks and got him in the 6th round. Terrel davis was i believe a 4th rounder. Years ago a guy like Eric Swann didnt even get drafted, etc etc. So there probably should be a little scrutiny, but in the NFL you never know how good a player your getting or passing up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »