Home

Saints VS Vikings

This is a discussion on Saints VS Vikings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: Saints VS Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I don't have a problem with people saying that the Vikings would win but there are a couple people talking about the Saints when they have no idea what they're talking about.
It is all good bro. I am still not sold on the Vikings yet. I have been let down so much by this team!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #50
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Just like when you predicted that teams figured out the Saints in the Monday Night game thread, you have no idea what you're talking about. How does a "finesse" team average 150 rushing yards a game? And you want to talk about putting teams away, the Saints have outscored opponents 202-64 in the second half and have only allowed 24 points in the 4th quarter all year. I don't know what team you think you're talking about but it's not the 2009 Saints.
Am I not entitled to my opinion?

Look, simply put: defenses fear the passing attack of the Saints, not the run. The run yardage is highly inflated due to the fact defenses must stay back in order to honor the run, and by stating that t I'm not taking anything away from the run yards gained. I'm merely stating the rushing yards per game would not be as high if not for the Saints' prolific passing game, where as other teams use the run to setup the pass -- ie: the Vikings. Bell, Bush & Co are good niche RBs but its much easier to gain yardage when LBs & Safeties are lined up further back than normal due to being worried about a 40+ yard touchdown bomb over a 4-6 yard run.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #51
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Am I not entitled to my opinion?

Look, simply put: defenses fear the passing attack of the Saints, not the run. The run yardage is highly inflated due to the fact defenses must stay back in order to honor the run, and by stating that t I'm not taking anything away from the run yards gained. I'm merely stating the rushing yards per game would not be as high if not for the Saints' prolific passing game, where as other teams use the run to setup the pass -- ie: the Vikings. Bell, Bush & Co are good niche RBs but its much easier to gain yardage when LBs & Safeties are lined up further back than normal due to being worried about a 40+ yard touchdown bomb over a 4-6 yard run.
That's one of the most ridiculous arguments I've seen on here. You are completely disregarding how good the running backs are. If this was week 3 I might agree with you but the Saints have been running on everyone for 11 weeks in a row, if teams don't want to respect that then that's their problem. Saying that the Saints are a finesse team or aren't mentally tough makes no sense whatsoever and when it comes to the Saints you have just been pulling stuff out of the air. The Saints are running and passing at the same rate, they aren't passing to set up the run at all. You clearly haven't watched the Saints or even taken the time to just look at the stats.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 12:07 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
That's one of the most ridiculous arguments I've seen on here. You are completely disregarding how good the running backs are. If this was week 3 I might agree with you but the Saints have been running on everyone for 11 weeks in a row, if teams don't want to respect that then that's their problem. Saying that the Saints are a finesse team or aren't mentally tough makes no sense whatsoever and when it comes to the Saints you have just been pulling stuff out of the air. The Saints are running and passing at the same rate, they aren't passing to set up the run at all. You clearly haven't watched the Saints or even taken the time to just look at the stats.

I agree but to a point. I do believe that the Saints are a good team when it comes to rushing. But you cannot tell me that their rushing yardage isnt somewhat inflated to teams wanting to do more pass coverage.

Just like I would agree that the only reason that Brett (though I still love Brett) numbers are so good is that teams are more concerned with stopping Peterson. I still think with Chester Taylor as running back and Favre having to actually read more than just one on one coverage, he would still have a decent year.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #53
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

When you have a balanced offense you are going to create matchup problems for teams. Using that as some reason to shortchange the team is ridiculous(not talking about you but that Cowboys fan).

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #54
Banned

Quote:
When you have a balanced offense you are going to create matchup problems for teams. Using that as some reason to shortchange the team is ridiculous(not talking about you but that Cowboys fan).
Agreed.

Matchup Problems=The Game of Football
Old 12-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
I agree but to a point. I do believe that the Saints are a good team when it comes to rushing. But you cannot tell me that their rushing yardage isnt somewhat inflated to teams wanting to do more pass coverage.
I'm not sure about this. The Colts have a great passing attack, yet they have the one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL. Granted, the Colts also attempt just 22 rushes a game which is the 3rd least amount of rush attempts in the league, but still..
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I'm not sure about this. The Colts have a great passing attack, yet they have the one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL. Granted, the Colts also attempt just 22 rushes a game which is the 3rd least amount of rush attempts in the league, but still..
No offense, but that is like the following:

Ian Cummings-"Guys, Madden 10 is going to be the greatest game ever in the history of Madden. Well, except that the rushing stats are broke, QB's dont take a sack, and the DB's intercept passes when they shouldn't be in that spot in the first place."

Wait, he did say that. But, my point is made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »