Home

Saints VS Vikings

This is a discussion on Saints VS Vikings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #33
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Saints VS Vikings

I'm not saying it would be easy to run on them, I just don't know why people keep talking about how the Saints haven't played against any good defenses but want to pump up the Vikings.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Brilliant move to ignore how well the Saints have run the ball this season because they "haven't played anyone". I also like how you call them pass happy when the number of passes and runs are almost identical. The Saints have played and won against 3 teams in the top 10 for total defense, plus the Panthers who are 11. The Vikings have played the Packers twice who are number 1, the Ravens, and then lost to the Steelers. As far as rushing defenses, the Vikings have beat 1 more team in the top 10 but the Saints have gone against one team in the top 10 and two others who are 11, 12, and 13. So what exactly have the Vikings done that is so much more impressive than what the Saints have done?

att. yards/game yards/rush
NO 350 150.5 4.7

MIN 342 129.2 4.3

Who's D is better at stopping the Run And who's team is better at RB the ball. I am not talking about stats either. I am saying I will take the Williams brothers over anybody and I would take AD and Taylor over anybody! Plain and simple. If the Vikings get in the playoff they have 3 of the key things you need in my opinion. One; a QB that wont cost you the game, a Defense that will stop the run and a running game! The Vikings have all that right now. Do the Saints? I know they have the QB, but I really don't know the answers to the other two things. Becaus I don't follow them.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
If the Vikings get in the playoff they have 3 of the key things you need in my opinion. One; a QB that wont cost you the game, a Defense that will stop the run and a running game! The Vikings have all that right now.
I beg to differ...
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #36
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I beg to differ...
As a Packers fan, so do I.

I don't care what he's doing right now, i've seen him throw 6 picks in a playoff game. I've seen him throw a really bad INT in OT of an NFC Championship. I realize that's all in the past, and yes he does look like a whole different guy this year, but i'll believe it when I see it as far as Playoffs are concerned.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #37
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Who's D is better at stopping the Run And who's team is better at RB the ball. I am not talking about stats either. I am saying I will take the Williams brothers over anybody and I would take AD and Taylor over anybody! Plain and simple. If the Vikings get in the playoff they have 3 of the key things you need in my opinion. One; a QB that wont cost you the game, a Defense that will stop the run and a running game! The Vikings have all that right now. Do the Saints? I know they have the QB, but I really don't know the answers to the other two things. Becaus I don't follow them.
Just an FYI, before you go around saying 3 keys for the playoffs, the first one being a QB that won't cost you a game. I wouldn't hedge my bet on that based on playoff performances this past millennium.

WAW, don't forget the NFC Championship game in Philly, either.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Just an FYI, before you go around saying 3 keys for the playoffs, the first one being a QB that won't cost you a game. I wouldn't hedge my bet on that based on playoff performances this past millennium.

WAW, don't forget the NFC Championship game in Philly, either.
Sure but the way he is playing now that is all I am basing it off of. If he chokes and does that old crap then yes I will say he cost them. But the fact is he is having his best season ever in the INT world. So I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #39
Banned

Also how bad was his number in dome stadiums? HM!?! So maybe he will break the playoff curse like he did playing in dome stadiums.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I'm not saying it would be easy to run on them, I just don't know why people keep talking about how the Saints haven't played against any good defenses but want to pump up the Vikings.
To me it does not matter who either team play. You biggest strength is our biggest weakness. That is the only thing that worries me. Unless Allen can have a probowl day. It would be interesting. I still say AD would be the Key if he goes off it would be tough to beat the Vikings. But that is a big if.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »