Home

Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out.

This is a discussion on Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:12 PM   #17
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
McDaniels has made the Broncos better, no question. Anyone who thinks other wise is only fooling themselves.

Got rid of a "franchise" QB who throws too man INTs and is a nutcase for Kyle Orton and a few 1st rounders.

Got rid of a nutbag WR for two 2nd round picks.

All the while, he has made the team, at very worst, slightly worse than it was when Shanny was released and still can make a large impact on the team in the draft.

Give him time. McDaniels is a brilliant guy who will get the Broncos on the right track.
Thats funny. I think anybody who thinks gutting your team of its young productive talent is the best approach in a win now league is the person fooling themselves in my opinion.

Is Marshall and Cutler "High Character" guys ofcourse not. But clearly neither is Big Ben and he has two Superbowl rings. This league 1st is about money then about winning and losing. Image is far down the line.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #18
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
There is a reason Josh McDaniels is a head coach and you are not. You cannot have the inmates running the asylum when you are trying to change the culture of the team.

Everywhere a Parcells disciple has gone, they have done the same thing: Get rid of the losers and bring in high character guys who will run through a wall for his teammates. Then you can start taking chances on players.
It funny you say his name considering he is the guy bringing in Marshall.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Thats funny. I think anybody who thinks gutting your team of its young productive talent is the best approach in a win now league is the person fooling themselves in my opinion.

Is Marshall and Cutler "High Character" guys ofcourse not. But clearly neither is Big Ben and he has two Superbowl rings. This league 1st is about money then about winning and losing. Image is far down the line.
What has Ben done to directly effect the Steelers? For the bad rap that TO gets, what has he done wrong off the field... but he can't find a team at all right now. You've got it twisted. Players that negatively effect the locker room or the play on the field are shipped out all the time.

You don't seem to get it, so we can just wait and see how it works out. Like I said, you were one to say they wouldn't win 4 games last year... those of us on the other side said they'd probably win 8. They won 8.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #20
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

Once again, for the people in the back:

When changing the culture of a team, it is best to get rid of the inmates who are running the asylum. That means changing a losing, 8-8, whining culture and turning it into no nonsense, good, winning football.

This isn't about imagine, this is about bringing in younger players and teaching them the right way to play the game. You can talk all you want about Marshall, the guy was not liked by teammates and was a cancer in the locker room.

Sometimes it's worth it to just get rid of a cancer so the other guys will not be brought down by one jackass. And make no mistake, the Broncos and their players/coaches were tired of Marshall. You do not win in the NFL building your team around me first, all about the money players.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
If he going to alienate all his talent them ship them off for draft picks we'll see how that works for him. My opinon of a good coach is somebody who can work with his talent not just ship them off.

This isnt college you have to work with what your giving. You dont have time to wait and see if "Your Players" pan out.
Alienate all his talent?

You don't know much about the Broncos do you?

We all know how this situation has played out with TWO players. There is a significant amount of talent on the roster, most of which have nothing but good things to say about the team, and the coach.

How do you know he is alienating all the other talented players on the team who are still there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #22
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
As much as I love Scheffler, he told teammates he couldn't wait to the season to be over. His teammates were upset by this and reported it to McDaniels. Would you want to line up next to somebody who didn't want to play?

With regards to Marshall, I've said it enough but I love him and really wish this didn't happen but there is something going on with the guy. Shannahan was outright just going to RELEASE him until he unexpectedly got fired.

If this was isolated and there were no attitude problems until McDaniels came, okay, maybe I could go with the ego thing. But this has clearly been a Marshall thing all along, not a coach thing...
False

Q: Last week (a report) revealed that Mike Shanahan was going to cut Brandon Marshall, but I haven't really seen anything in The Post on it. What do you know about this, and has this maybe helped Marshall realize that he is not as great as he thinks he is and has some work to do? Is he still in Josh McDaniels' doghouse?

A: In this day and age of the Internet, Twitter, Facebook, etc., there are reports about a lot of things. And when it comes to the Broncos, Marshall's activities have led the way it seems.

Sometimes the reports are responsible, and sometimes they are not. Sometimes, especially at some of the larger operations, like ESPN for example, they have a pile of people covering the league who are almost competing with one another to be first. In my opinion, it has caused some folks — many of whom I've known for quite some time — to perhaps rush some things on air as they jockey for their own spots within the company.
Some may disagree with that, but it's just an observation.

There was indeed a report about Shanahan having a plan to cut Marshall after last season. All I can tell you is that Shanahan has told people I know very well the report was not true, that he had no intention of cutting Marshall.

And frankly, the logic isn't quite there in the original premise since Shanahan had often kept — and paid far more to — players like Travis Henry who had far deeper off-the-field troubles. Henry was eventually cut when the list of transgressions got too long, but that was long after he had already secured a huge signing bonus from the team.

That's not to say Shanahan would have signed Marshall to a new deal any more quickly than the team's current administration. The team had begun to limit his finances a little more late in his tenure, and they were less active in the free-agent market after spending mistakes like Simeon Rice cost the franchise some big money.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13397543?source=rss

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 04-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #23
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Actually, "work with what you're given" is what great college coaches do. In the pros you have a system and then you bring in players to fit in your system. It's college where you can't wait and see if they pan out.

We will see how it works out for him. So far it's worked out pretty well.
In college you get to recruit the players you want. And the pros with salaries and free agency its much harder to full the team up with "Your Guys". In college two or three years and most of your starters are kids you want. Its way easier to turn over a college program then a pro franchise.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #24
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Alienate all his talent?

You don't know much about the Broncos do you?

We all know how this situation has played out with TWO players. There is a significant amount of talent on the roster, most of which have nothing but good things to say about the team, and the coach.

How do you know he is alienating all the other talented players on the team who are still there?
I will admit Im not a Broncos fan like you may be ,but Marshall and Cutler are young promising players at their respective positions. Difference makers dont come along every season.

I dont know if he is alienating the other players. But two or three is more than enough. And they have to implement a new defensives scheme. When the defense was the strongest thing on the team. So with out Marshall and Cutler the offense is suspect and now without Nolan the defense is suspect.

This team wont win more than 6 games all next season. If Im wrong I'll be the first to come back and face the music.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »