Home

Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out.

This is a discussion on Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #25

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiko7523
False
LOL at using the Broncos blogger as a source of "truth" his sources have time and time again proven to be wrong...

That wasn't even a report. It was a question in a mailbag.

Google Shannahan planned on releasing Marshall and you will find numerous stories and reports on it, you have shown one example of an opinion why it isn't likely.

I'll take the percentages...This isn't hard to believe, Shannahan shipped out Portis after a 1500 yard season (I think) because of his attitude. This isn't as far fetched as some seem to think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #26
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
LOL at using the Broncos blogger as a source of "truth" his sources have time and time again proven to be wrong...

That wasn't even a report. It was a question in a mailbag.

Google Shannahan planned on releasing Marshall and you will find numerous stories and reports on it, you have shown one example of an opinion why it isn't likely.

I'll take the percentages...This isn't hard to believe, Shannahan shipped out Portis after a 1500 yard season (I think) because of his attitude. This isn't as far fetched as some seem to think.
i thought he shipped out portis to get a shutdown corner and because the broncos scheme any rb could basically get a 1,000 yards

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 04-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #27

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I will admit Im not a Broncos fan like you may be ,but Marshall and Cutler are young promising players at their respective positions. Difference makers dont come along every season.
You're right and I agree, you may get some who disagree with you on the talent of Cutler (nobody on the talent of Marshall) but I agree with you on both account...

Quote:
I dont know if he is alienating the other players. But two or three is more than enough. And they have to implement a new defensives scheme. When the defense was the strongest thing on the team. So with out Marshall and Cutler the offense is suspect and now without Nolan the defense is suspect.
The offense was fine last year without Cutler and it was fine the games when Marshall didn't play. I said it several times last year but his offensive scheme doesnt RELY on a playmaking WR. It is all about the routes and spacing the WR's get.

I'm not saying an impact player doesn't help, but it won't hurt as much as some may think and who knows what they will turn the picks into.

Quote:
This team wont win more than 6 games all next season. If Im wrong I'll be the first to come back and face the music.
Ha, I know you are different, but I found it important to mention that this was the exact same thing SteelCurtain said to me last year about this time after the Cutler trade. He told me they wouldn't win 4 games and he would admit he was wrong if they did.

Well, he eventually got banned, but not before the Broncos started 6-0!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #28

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiko7523
i thought he shipped out portis to get a shutdown corner and because the broncos scheme any rb could basically get a 1,000 yards
Sure made it easier to pull the trigger, and I'm not saying it didn't work out great, but he hated Portis' attitude.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #29
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
In college you get to recruit the players you want. And the pros with salaries and free agency its much harder to full the team up with "Your Guys". In college two or three years and most of your starters are kids you want. Its way easier to turn over a college program then a pro franchise.
I don't really know how much else I can break it down for you because it seems pretty crystal clear... you can't be further from the truth.

Yes, colleges recruit players and then they hope the players they want come to their school. Also no player can contribute for more than 3 or 4 years (it's college) so it's impossible to really build around them. Coaches try to get as many of the players they want, but at the end of the day they work with what they have.

In the Pros, you may get a Peyton Manning or Ray Lewis, who you can build around for 10 plus years. You may draft a WR who doesn't come into his own until year 3, or a DE who's not ready to start until year 4 and is in Pro bowl form. The reason we hear about teams having "rebuilding years" is because every other team ISN'T rebuilding.

The nature of what a professional organization consists of vs a 4 year college makes what you're saying impossible to be true.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #30
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
This team wont win more than 6 games all next season. If Im wrong I'll be the first to come back and face the music.
When are you going to admit to how many games you thought they were going to win last year?
Old 04-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #31
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
If he going to alienate all his talent them ship them off for draft picks we'll see how that works for him. My opinon of a good coach is somebody who can work with his talent not just ship them off.

This isnt college you have to work with what your giving. You dont have time to wait and see if "Your Players" pan out.
-Cutler thought he was better than anyone else in the locker room, ego gone.
-Marshall is a basketcase between the ears, maybe money will solve it for him
-Scheffler, I'm not sure what his deal is honestly.
-Hillis is a guy I can agree with on his "gripe" with playing time yet he didnt speak out about it.

Outside of those 4, I haven't heard anything but raving reviews of McDaniels and his attitude of "Team". Theres PLENTY of guys on the roster that can and will step up, see: Gaffney with limited play got 57 catches and over 700 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #32
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I don't really know how much else I can break it down for you because it seems pretty crystal clear... you can't be further from the truth.

Yes, colleges recruit players and then they hope the players they want come to their school. Also no player can contribute for more than 3 or 4 years (it's college) so it's impossible to really build around them. Coaches try to get as many of the players they want, but at the end of the day they work with what they have.

In the Pros, you may get a Peyton Manning or Ray Lewis, who you can build around for 10 plus years. You may draft a WR who doesn't come into his own until year 3, or a DE who's not ready to start until year 4 and is in Pro bowl form. The reason we hear about teams having "rebuilding years" is because every other team ISN'T rebuilding.

The nature of what a professional organization consists of vs a 4 year college makes what you're saying impossible to be true.
I like how you talk like you are the authority on all things football!

Most pro coaches only get an input on the guys they want. The GM's are the guys pulling the trigger that in itself should kill this debate.

Im sure the average job span of college coaches exceed pro coaches aswell.

And sure you might have your main guys to "Build around" longer ,but coaches have way more control at the college level than pros.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »