Home

Haynesworth = no show at mincamp

This is a discussion on Haynesworth = no show at mincamp within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #65
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Haynesworth = no show at mincamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
that's not going to happen. He is going to come to camp and be disgruntle and be traded to one of the many teams that run a 4-3.

Here is the solution put him at a 3-4 de. He will still demand double team but the best defensive player on the team will not just become a "space eater". The skins could also use an even front as they make their transition to the 3-4. You keep your best player and Nolan can focus teaching his team the 3-4.
And this was the plan which wasn't a secret. They were never going to exclusively run a 3-4 or exclusively put him at NT. He hasn't been to anything involving the new coach/gm to get an idea of what they had in store, but they've said it all along. I'm sorry Grunt, but there's no defending this guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
And this was the plan which wasn't a secret. They were never going to exclusively run a 3-4 or exclusively put him at NT. He hasn't been to anything involving the new coach/gm to get an idea of what they had in store, but they've said it all along. I'm sorry Grunt, but there's no defending this guy.
sources...?
Old 06-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Doesn't make sense?!? Okay, let's see if this makes sense. If he was so disgruntled, then why did he take the money?!?
According to the guys on the NFL network...it was his money. His contract was just creativly structured to spread his signing bonus money around.

He would have been a moron not to take it.

And listening to the coaches...they've done everything but deny he would have been put at NT...Shannahan even tried to defer the point by saying if the asked him to play free safety, he should try to be the best free safety he could be. Which in my opinion underscores the root of this...people don't understand the deference between 3-4 and 4-3 line play.

If they put Haynesworth at safety, would you still say Redskins are making a team related choice?
Old 06-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #68
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
According to the guys on the NFL network...it was his money. His contract was just creativly structured to spread his signing bonus money around.

He would have been a moron not to take it.

And listening to the coaches...they've done everything but deny he would have been put at NT...Shannahan even tried to defer the point by saying if the asked him to play free safety, he should try to be the best free safety he could be. Which in my opinion underscores the root of this...people don't understand the deference between 3-4 and 4-3 line play.

If they put Haynesworth at safety, would you still say Redskins are making a team related choice?
It seems to me the thing "people don't understand" is the difference between being an employer and an employee.

An employer tells the employee what to do; the employee does what he's told. That's all there is to it.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #69
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Icon11 Re: Haynesworth = no show at mincamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It seems to me the thing "people don't understand" is the difference between being an employer and an employee.

An employer tells the employee what to do; the employee does what he's told. That's all there is to it.

Those concept don't apply in the sports world...
Old 06-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

As an employee you still have rights. So, if your supervisor said "someone made a mess in the rest room...can you please clean it up" you would follow orders even if your job was not the janitor?
Old 06-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #71
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
As an employee you still have rights. So, if your supervisor said "someone made a mess in the rest room...can you please clean it up" you would follow orders even if your job was not the janitor?
*sigh*

That analogy is in no way applicable to this situation. The Skins weren't asking Haynesworth to do something completely unrelated to his job--he's a defensive lineman, they wanted him to play d-line.

But don't just listen to me--let's ask Kevin Mawae, president of the NFLPA and a former teammate of Big Al's:

Quote:
"You talk about someone putting a mask on and going in backwards to get his paycheck," Mawae said. "I mean, if you don't want to be there, don't take the $21 million contract. How things turned out, it's no surprise to guys that have played with him in Tennessee. You know, what do you say?

"I mean, you're getting paid a ton of money to play less and you're complaining about it," he continued. "At the end of the day, it's one thing to be a football player and get paid lots of money, but there's a whole lot more to be said about being a man. You know, he's a [inaudible] player when he wants to be and he can be one of the best in the league and I've said that to him in his face before. But to this point he doesn't want to do it on a consistent basis."

"At some point in time in the game, you know, you got to do what's right for yourself and what's right for you and your family. I think $32 million guaranteed in one year pretty much takes care of those issues. I think the other issues go beyond the football field."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #72
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

lol, Can't believe we're going through this..had a good offseason going and now this BS pops up.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »