Home

Most overrated player in the NFL?

This is a discussion on Most overrated player in the NFL? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Most overrated player in the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I'd also like to propose an honorable mention for player most overrated by the fans of his team.

John Kuhn. The Nick Punto of the NFL.
Nah, you know why Packer fans love him. He's the Gorman Thomas of the Brewers without the stats.

Every one in WI loves , as Rush would say, The Working Man.

Although I lol'd at the Nick Punto reference.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #58
Banned

roethlisberger4pres's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I'd also like to propose an honorable mention for player most overrated by the fans of his team.

John Kuhn. The Nick Punto of the NFL.
In that sense Deion Branch is overated.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #59
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roethlisberger4pres
Matt Stafford- he is made of glass if he falls he breaks his leg and he's out an entire season. He never lived up to 1st overall and everyone thinks he's going to come back next year and lead Detroit to the playoffs.
And if he does you look dumb. Although you already do because he never broke his leg and he's only been in the league for two seasons, you can't live up to the billing of 1st overall until we see you play or retire.

Anyways, he's hardly overrated. All I hear about him is that he's injury prone. If Detroit goes to the playoffs, it'll be because we've been building a good team. We don't expect him to be Peyton Manning, he's gonna have a good run game, lots of weapons and a good defense. His potential is undeniable, but that's hardly enough to make him overrated.

I agree with DeAngelo Hall. Big INT numbers does not a great CB make.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Sanchez is a very servicable qb who has done some good things since he has entered the league. He doesnt light you up, but he gets his team where it needs to be. I wouldnt say he is overrated. Alot of guys are confusing alot of media coverage to alot of media slurpage.

I think Josh Freeman may be a little overrated.

Last edited by kingkilla56; 06-22-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #61
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Jimmy Clausen - Because anyone that thinks he can still succeed in the NFL didn't watch him play last year. What has he done to deserve any credit? By being the only ND starting QB in half a century to NOT post a winning record at ND? Can't stand that we picked him up last year, and so glad we got Newton this year.
Sigh. A combination of homerism and ignorance. How do you call a rookie overrated? That's a little ridiculous. I know you're jumping all over the [s]Cam Newton hype train and that's fine... you're a Panthers fan; for your team's sake, I hope he doesn't become the JaWalrus 2.0 that I foresee him being. But it's incredibly unfair to call any first year player overrated. As for last season: look what your awful coaching staff gave him to work with... look at how poorly Matt Moore performed with the same offense. I've lowered my expectations for Clausen considerably (I saw him as among the best of the draft class last season; I hope his one awful year with that miserable team didn't destroy his potential), but it's absurd to say that your #1 draft pick last season was solely because of him. As for his college career.... did you even watch Notre Dame? One man does not a team make. For his last season, he single-handedly kept them in contention almost every game he played. It was far from his fault that ND has an atrocious defense and was coached by a buffoon.... and I'm a Michigan State fan!
_____

*breathes*

Okay, the most overrated player in the NFL? I think I'd have to say Randy Moss. He's a one-trick pony and a total headcase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 0

Vick, Flacco, and Sanchez imo.

Rolfisburger (spelling) is good, but slightly over rated imo.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #63
Rookie

pittsburgher86's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
And I ignored it. Because it was absolutely ridiculous.

How do you punish a guy for sitting and learning? Judge him for what he does on the field, which is win games, make sound decisions with the football, make accurate throws, and keep plays alive with his feet.

You really think if you let Alex Smith or Jason Campbell sit for 3 years they'd be as good as Rodgers is? Why? What does that have to do with anything? By now they've had just as much time to figure the NFL out as Aaron has, and they haven't.
If that is the case, then Ben Roethlisberger is better than Aaron Rodgers. Which, I believe is true. And I am thinking most people here are going to disagree strongly on this statement.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden State Warriors
College Sports: Pittsburgh Panthers, Penn State Nittany Lions
Old 06-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburgher86
If that is the case, then Ben Roethlisberger is better than Aaron Rodgers. Which, I believe is true. And I am thinking most people here are going to disagree strongly on this statement.
You're gonna have to provide more information to strengthen your stance. And I hope you have more than just Superbowl wins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »