Home

Most overrated player in the NFL?

This is a discussion on Most overrated player in the NFL? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #65
Rookie

pittsburgher86's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Most overrated player in the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
You're gonna have to provide more information to strengthen your stance. And I hope you have more than just Superbowl wins.
Since 2008, which is when the fourth quarter comeback/game winning drives stats starts for Rodgers, comparing the two guys:

Ben Roethlisberger- 13
Aaron Rodgers- 5

That is a big thing I look for in a QB. That would prove to me Ben Roethlisberger is a better leader and more clutch then Rodgers. Those two thing are very important for a quarterback. Its not all about the stats because, I'll admit that Aaron Rodgers has the better stats. However, Ben Roethlisberger has that something extra to really "rally the troops" as they say and get wins in big situations which is something Aaron Rodgers has done as much of.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden State Warriors
College Sports: Pittsburgh Panthers, Penn State Nittany Lions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #66
Rookie

Bigmac612's Arena

OVR: 3

Im going to take this stance on Aaron Rodgers...while i definitely dont think he is overrated...i do think he gets a little more credit than he deserved. I mean i feel that guy walked into the PERFECT situation (which isnt his fault at all!)...regardless of what you say about Brett not wanting to take Aaron under his wing, i still think there is some benefit from watching Brett play, study and analyze his approach to the game for 3 years...with that said..when he finally got the starting job..it couldnt have been set up any better for him...i mean he basically took over a team that was already Super Bowl ready...Brett had just led them to the 2007 NFC Championship game (and they were young as hell!)...with a couple of additions, draft picks, growing up and hirings 2-3 years later..they are the Super Bowl Champions with basically the same team they had about 3yrs ago..with the addition of Capers and his defense...is A-Rod overrated?? Hell No..but does he get just a tad bit too much credit..i think yes..imo

I usually dont feel sorry players all that much...but i do for Alex Smith...i just think he has had the worst luck of any QB i remember...he just never got the time or the help for him to develop...on-field experience doesnt mean anything..if you have to switch offenses damn near every year your in the league...just my opinion

Last edited by Bigmac612; 06-22-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburgher86
Since 2008, which is when the fourth quarter comeback/game winning drives stats starts for Rodgers, comparing the two guys:

Ben Roethlisberger- 13
Aaron Rodgers- 5

That is a big thing I look for in a QB. That would prove to me Ben Roethlisberger is a better leader and more clutch then Rodgers. Those two thing are very important for a quarterback. Its not all about the stats because, I'll admit that Aaron Rodgers has the better stats. However, Ben Roethlisberger has that something extra to really "rally the troops" as they say and get wins in big situations which is something Aaron Rodgers has done as much of.
Having more comeback wins isn't enough for me to say Roethlisberger is a better quarterback than Aaron Rodgers.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #68
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburgher86

Ben Roethlisberger- 13
Aaron Rodgers- 5

Not sure how that's relevant. That being said Rodgers would have several more if not for his defense surrendering leads on many final possessions in that time frame. Not sure how you can quantify leadership nor how you could possibly determine Rodgers was less of a leader than Ben.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

If Dilfer said sanchez is a top 5 qb, than yea that's overrating him but I don't think that is the general consensus of where he is rated. He gets a lot of coverage, and part of that is New York, but he's also 4-2 in the playoffs, all road playoff games. If you've played in that many big games this early, and have had that much success, you'd be getting attention no matter where you play. He is not a Dilfer like QB like someone said, he's already shown the ability to be way more dynamic, and way more of a playmaker. He's got to get more consistent, but he's still relatively inexperienced, and he has all the physical tools, and to me seems like he has all the intangibles, work ethic, attitude, etc. to get better.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #70
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
Kevin Kolb
That doesn't even make sense, Kolb has had limited time to perform and anyone talking about trading for him is trading for his potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
I wouldn't call Eli overrated. sure if your just looking at statistics the 25 interceptions jumps out at you. but if you watched all 16 games you could clearly see that about 7 or 8 of those INT's popped right out of the various receiver's hands. He is not his brother but Eli can fling the pigskin a country mile and is a great leader.
What QB doesn't have picks that bounce off reveivers hands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
^^ Bush and Vick immediately come to mind.
Vick? Maybe in ATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Vick was definitely overrated in Atlanta. He was an average QB who some people thought of as the Michael Jordan of football. Fact of the matter is, he never lived up to the hype while in Atlanta.

I need to see him play in Philly more, but it finally seems he's living up to some of that hype. The Mike Vick I saw last year is the Mike Vick most of us thought he could be. Still the jury is out, I have seen a lot of QB's go on a nice run only to come back to earth.
Remember he also played hurt for a lot of last year. He has another good season and we can put the "Vick is overrated" talk to rest

Old 06-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNes12
What QB doesn't have picks that bounce off reveivers hands?

Yea, but it seemed like to me that Eli had a crazy amount last year.

I don't think Eli's overrated by most. Occasionally I'll hear someone say something stupid, but I think most people have a good idea of what Eli is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #72
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Yea, but it seemed like to me that Eli had a crazy amount last year.

I don't think Eli's overrated by most. Occasionally I'll hear someone say something stupid, but I think most people have a good idea of what Eli is.

That could be, but there's no way to really tell

Agree with the bolded

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »