Home

Week 3: Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears

This is a discussion on Week 3: Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #97
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Week 3: Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears

You guys sound like Mike Vick after his game...
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #98
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Yikes. It's very clear that the Packers are the better team. Blaming the refs is not giving credit to Green Bay which isn't fair. They made the plays and Chicago didn't.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 09-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #99
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
No... no it isn't. It's usually only called if it occurs after the catch. If the gunner jammer (don't know what to call that position) isn't holding on a PR, he isn't doing his job.
I happen to agree and usually it's a 2 against 1 boxing match all the way down the field. However, on this play, Knox broke away to catch the ball, while 21 was left on a island to try to block Bush.

Players can get away with it more when it's 2 against 1.

My take.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #100
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I happen to agree and usually it's a 2 against 1 boxing match all the way down the field. However, on this play, Knox broke away to catch the ball, while 21 was left on a island to try to block Bush.

Players can get away with it more when it's 2 against 1.

My take.
I agree for sure.

Another bad call that escaped me earlier was when Finley was blocking a DB 3 yards down the field and then turned around and nabbed a touchdown catch. It was a very clear pass interference not called and went far beyond the usual jostling of a jam at the line.

Just pointing it out. Before Dayman compares me to Michael Vick: I don't think the Bears were the better team today.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 09-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #101
Rookie

f1sh1000's Arena

OVR: 1

Bears cover the Vegas spread if they scored on the Punt Return, Enough said...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 04:07 AM   #102
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Just because I said the game could've went the other way doesn't mean I felt the Bears were the better team. That would be like me saying the Bears were the better team against the Saints. I'd be worried for both teams personally. The Packers should've slaughtered the Bears with how badly they played. That's why I'm saying it's going to be a Lions, Packers, Bears 1.2.3. finish.

If you saw the first post I clearly said the Packers were the better team. With how the game played out, the Bears could've won if the calls went the other way and the referees weren't so bad. Key word, could've. Notice the C instead of the W. The Packers were / are the better team.'

I still stand by my statement though, if the Bears had an offensive line, we would be favorites to win the Super Bowl. Our offensive line is so bad, it's weighing us down to a low end playoff squad at best. This is a year that three teams could emerge from the North in the playoffs and I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #103
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Just because I said the game could've went the other way doesn't mean I felt the Bears were the better team. That would be like me saying the Bears were the better team against the Saints. I'd be worried for both teams personally. The Packers should've slaughtered the Bears with how badly they played. That's why I'm saying it's going to be a Lions, Packers, Bears 1.2.3. finish.

If you saw the first post I clearly said the Packers were the better team. With how the game played out, the Bears could've won if the calls went the other way and the referees weren't so bad. Key word, could've. Notice the C instead of the W. The Packers were / are the better team.'

I still stand by my statement though, if the Bears had an offensive line, we would be favorites to win the Super Bowl. Our offensive line is so bad, it's weighing us down to a low end playoff squad at best. This is a year that three teams could emerge from the North in the playoffs and I wouldn't be surprised.
When you make statements like these on a messageboard:

I feel that the referees mistakes influenced the outcome well enough that the final score was impacted.

Do I completely agree with the outcome? Not at all

I'm saying if the calls went the other way the Bears would've won.

(Key word here would've, see the W?)

your statement about the Packers were the better team that won becomes very shallow.

As was explained earlier about the PR holding, the call was on #21, who was on an island vs being 2 vs 1 against Bush. #21 could have gotten away with that call if it was 2 vs 1, but he wasn't, it was more visible to the refs.

To me, those three statements you made overshadowed your one statement that the Packers were the better team that won. In my opinion, your statements meant that the refs handed the game to the Packers.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #104
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Yeah some calls (or no calls) were embarrassingly atrocious. Might have they impacted the outcome? Maybe, but that's the NFL EVERY WEEK. We lost because we suck at too many positions. I don't see an NFL receiver on the roster besides maybe Earl Bennet and Swarzenbacher. Notice I didn't say #1 receiver, I just mean receiver. These guys are terrible. Beyond the fact that they can't catch, they can't run routes or get any separation.

The Hester experiment needs to just be done. Let him return kicks and maybe use him as a 5th receiver, other than that I see no reason why he's wasting space. Johnny Knox is never going to be a competent NFL receiver either. You could have some guys like this on your roster IF you actually had some real receivers around them but we don't.

On top of our offensive line being crap the receivers are right there with them. We have nothing but experiments at that position and it shows. I can't blame Cutler for much of this stuff.

The Packers beat us because they're better...a LOT better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »