Home

2012 NFL Draft Thread.

This is a discussion on 2012 NFL Draft Thread. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Thread.

I think Vikings, Dolphins, and Bills can decide how the 1st round goes.

If Vikings dont select Kalil and pick Claiborne, it screws Bucs and Kalil falls to 6-10 range. Bucs would either draft Blackmon or hope to trade out.
If Dolphins dont select Tannehill, he falls to a team like SEA or KC that wants a future QB and the DLinemen they are both expected to take will fall alittle.
Bills are interested in Barron & there are good OTs and CBs in 2nd & 3rd round. If they select Barron, it changes Dallas and PHI plans. I doubt Cox passes Carolina and Kuechly might not get pass Arizona if they dont like Rieff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #66
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Who do you think is the definitive #2 RB in this class?

Martin is a jack-of-all trades. He has speed, power, and receiving ablility. But, neither speed and power are elite.
Miller is a LeSean McCoy-type of back. He probably might need to do what McCoy did and get stronger. He doesnt have alot of wear-and-tear.
Wilson-All-around back, who can make explosive plays but had TO problems.

Outside of the top 5 rbs, I like Polk, Pierce, and Pead.
Polk didnt have a good SR bowl, but looked good in season and lost 10lbs.
Pierce seems like a good #2 RB that can provide power short runs.
Pead seems like a good change of pace RB that can provide alot of things. I see him like Bradshaw(NYG) in prime.
I discredit Martin because he played at Boise State. I say that because he didn't get beat up as much as these backs that were in the SEC or ACC. I know the kid has talent but he hasn't really been tested week in week out.

LaMichael James is a guy I think is the #2. I don't understand how he was deemed the most explosive running back in college football, now he is barely a top 5 RB talent.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #67
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I think Vikings, Dolphins, and Bills can decide how the 1st round goes.

If Vikings dont select Kalil and pick Claiborne, it screws Bucs and Kalil falls to 6-10 range. Bucs would either draft Blackmon or hope to trade out.
I don't really see Tampa selecting Blackmon, WR is not a huge need for them, with Jackson, Williams, Benn, & Brisco(they fell in love with him last year). I think they will drop back probably look to get Gilmore or potentially a RT if they drop back far enough

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Old 04-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
I discredit Martin because he played at Boise State. I say that because he didn't get beat up as much as these backs that were in the SEC or ACC. I know the kid has talent but he hasn't really been tested week in week out.

LaMichael James is a guy I think is the #2. I don't understand how he was deemed the most explosive running back in college football, now he is barely a top 5 RB talent.
I guess LMJ is seen as a 3rd down back/change of pace back. Scouts maybe dont see him as a back that can make a living running inside/
Quote:
I don't really see Tampa selecting Blackmon, WR is not a huge need for them, with Jackson, Williams, Benn, & Brisco(they fell in love with him last year). I think they will drop back probably look to get Gilmore or potentially a RT if they drop back far enough
Other than Gilmore, I see them trading back. But, I dont think anyone will try to trade with them. Jags is the hot spot for Trades. I dont noone will trade up for the WRs. Unless they make a slight reach for Kuechley.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:17 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Don't forget about Preston Parker. He had more receiving yards and receptions than Briscoe or Benn.

I really think the Bucs have so many needs that if the Vikings do pick Claiborne, it wouldn't be necessary for them to trade down.

The Bucs gave up the league's most rushing yards per game last season so they could use a guy like Luke Kuechly or Fletcher Cox (he might improve their pass rushing game as well).

There's a possibility that Jacksonville would want to take Stephon Gilmore as their 7th pick so Tampa should take him early before it's too late.

Also the Bucs have chosen so far not to re-sign Sean Jones, so Mark Barron could be considered a selection.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #70
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm from the school that you don't draft a running back high in the draft. Unless at some point in his career he's a top 5-10 player in the league.

There is no way in hell i'm drafting Richardson in the top 5.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:49 AM   #71
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong7777
I'm from the school that you don't draft a running back high in the draft. Unless at some point in his career he's a top 5-10 player in the league.

There is no way in hell i'm drafting Richardson in the top 5.
That be a bad decision seeing as he's the best back with a combination of size, speed an production since Adrian Peterson.

Tannerhill is going to be bad. Gabbert bad if he has to play better. Just like Gabbert he hasn't really shown much yet he's gonna go in the first round.

LaMichael James has character concerns an will be nothing more then Darren Sproils at best. The 2nd best Hb in this draft is Miller. Why? Because I'm a Homer an he's from Miami which produces NFL HB like clockwork. He's blazing fast with great vision an doesn't have the fumbling problems that Wilson has. He needs to add some weight but not too much.

Last edited by iAM-IncReDiBLe-; 04-25-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #72
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
That be a bad decision seeing as he's the best back with a combination of size, speed an production since Adrian Peterson.

Tannerhill is going to be bad. Gabbert bad if he has to play better. Just like Gabbert he hasn't really shown much yet he's gonna go in the first round.

LaMichael James has character concerns an will be nothing more then Darren Sproils at best. The 2nd best Hb in this draft is Miller. Why? Because I'm a Homer an he's from Miami which produces NFL HB like clockwork. He's blazing fast with great vision an doesn't have the fumbling problems that Wilson has. He needs to add some weight but not too much.
He's definitely the best back. Running backs are a dime a dozen though. You can literally get one off the street. They have such a short shelf life in the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »