Home

K.C. Chiefs are good. Really Good.

This is a discussion on K.C. Chiefs are good. Really Good. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #25
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: K.C. Chiefs are good. Really Good.

I like the Chiefs this year too. I was liking that they are flying under the radar. I am targeting some players for fantasy because of that. They have some nice pieces IF they can stay healthy. Killed by injuries last year. I don't think they win the division this year, but they can make a run at the playoffs.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #26
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Did I miss something? Has the regular season started early?
Haven't you heard? They haven't lost a game yet this season.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #27
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

They've got a good, if not great, running back. They've got a great wideout in Bowe, and an up and comer in Baldwin. They've got a good, if not great defense. Tamba Hali, Brandon Flowers, Glenn Dorsey, Justin Houston.

And they've got Matt Cassel. You tell me which of these is why they are bad.

In all seriousness, last year, Tony Moeaki, who was supposed to be of Gronkowski-like talent, was injured most of the season. Cassel was hurt at points in the season. All around injuries really hurt the team. But even if they are healthy this year, as others have said, quarterbacks equal success in the NFL for a team, and the Chiefs don't have a good QB. They can't hope for Tebow's inconsistencies for a win over the Broncos; the Chargers look to have many weapons and Gates is said to be at his best in years; the Raiders have a new head coach. Their division isn't the most talked about, but it's one of the harder divisions to win, especially now that Manning's there.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #28
Rookie

JRitch12's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm interested to see how Peyton Manning plays this year and how much of an impact he makes on the Broncos. My guess is ALOT. The Raiders have a lot of talent but they keep hiring the wrong coaches. Which is something I think the Chiefs are guilty of as well. I haven't agreed with a coach the Chiefs hired since Dick Vermeil. As for the Chargers? Everyone says they are going to be good every year, yet they always start too slow at the beginning of the season or peak too early and choke at the end. I agree though that it would be tough to get a wild card spot in the AFC.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #29
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

Two key guys coming back from season ending injuries last year. A big IF right there.
A really mediocre at best QB in Cassel.
Hoping some guys progress, another if.

With a full year under his belt, and Dumervil and Ty Warren fully healthy, I'm predicting a devastating defense from the Broncos. Will be underrated D for sure IMO, especially with Peyton at QB.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #30
Rookie

Mparas1432's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
They also upgraded their defense by signing Payton. The effect an offense can have on a defense, by scoring points and giving them time to rest, is night and day when going from Tebow to Manning.
That too. Plus with how conservative John Fox is, Mcgahee will extend the drives out.

Should be an interesting year though. I don't think the AFC West is as bad as people always says it is.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #31
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

I'd pick the Chiefs to come second in the division, I don't see Peyton having any trouble. They might make the playoff's depending on how the season unfolds.

Charles is a great back though. If he hadn't of got injured he may of been competing for the rushing title. Eric Berry is the next best thing at safety. I'm interested in how they use McCluster as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #32
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9

We'll see how good they are week 1.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »