Home

AFC Champs

This is a discussion on AFC Champs within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which AFC team will go on to the Superbowl?
Houston Texans 5 12.50%
Denver Broncos 22 55.00%
New England Patriots 11 27.50%
Baltimore Ravens 2 5.00%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Cincinnati Bengals 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #49
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: AFC Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Don't do this. Anybody can go back and find bad predictions... their just predictions. If you think his statement is wrong, use games played before he made it. The Colts D was awful during the regular season the year they ended up riding it to a SB title.
I remember Bob Sanders coming back and playing his behind off after coming back from one of his annual majority of the season injuries.If one thing is certain we know that the regular season is not indicative of what will happen come playoff time yet everyone forgets this every year until we see it happen again.

Last edited by gr18; 01-21-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Don't do this. Anybody can go back and find bad predictions... their just predictions. If you think his statement is wrong, use games played before he made it. The Colts D was awful during the regular season the year they ended up riding it to a SB title.
Umm.. no. I will do this. The post was made on 01-05-2013. His prediction was not referencing earlier in the season as much as it was a prediction after 01-05-2013 (this year). He specifically said the Ravens weren't a good ball club and they were going to "get shut down" by the Broncos.

So my question still stands. If the Ravens are that BAD of a team and that bad of a defense. How do they dominate the vaunted Patriots on the road--and before that, beat the great Manning on the road as well...in the playoffs?

Both of our posts are valid.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #51
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Umm.. no. I will do this. The post was made on 01-05-2013. His prediction was not referencing earlier in the season as much as it was a prediction after 01-05-2013 (this year). He specifically said the Ravens weren't a good ball club and they were going to "get shut down" by the Broncos.

So my question still stands. If the Ravens are that BAD of a team and that bad of a defense. How do they dominate the vaunted Patriots on the road--and before that, beat the great Manning on the road as well...in the playoffs?

Actually just coming back to rub it in someone's face that they were wrong. His reasoning was obviously based on before the game bc the post itself was before the game. It's pretty bad to come back after the game is played to boast about someone's wrong prediction. I'm sure you've got some predictions that were wrong too. Don't be a sore winner. Just be happy he was wrong and we're going to the superbowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood

I think your post is valid.

However they are not a very good ball club. Especially on defense. fzbronco77 1-05-2013

A small amount of "gloat" but nothing outrageous.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #53
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I think your post is valid.

However they are not a very good ball club. Especially on defense. fzbronco77 1-05-2013

A small amount of "gloat" but nothing outrageous.
Good luck to both of y'all with all of that. I won't understand the need to gloat over someone's prediction before the game. Hell, I could understand if arguments were made back then against this. I had a few thoughts but didn't think it was worth the back and forth... it certainly isn't after the game.

The Ravens are in the Superbowl. Don't see any reason wasting energy on anything negative like this right now.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:25 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Don't want to alienate any Raven fans
I will just say I agree with the no negativity stuff.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #55
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Too bad my belief in Peyton and the Broncos got the best of me and I changed my pick to Denver in the Playoff bracket thread.

Spoiler
I never, ever like when teams I'm a fan of go from a hot streak into a break before playing the next meaningful game. Started with the Rockies in 2007 when they won the series too fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by av7
I never, ever like when teams I'm a fan of go from a hot streak into a break before playing the next meaningful game. Started with the Rockies in 2007 when they won the series too fast.
I'm the exact same way. Hell the year the Colts won the SB they lost 3 of 4 heading into the Playoffs.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »