Home

AFC Champs

This is a discussion on AFC Champs within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which AFC team will go on to the Superbowl?
Houston Texans 5 12.50%
Denver Broncos 22 55.00%
New England Patriots 11 27.50%
Baltimore Ravens 2 5.00%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Cincinnati Bengals 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #17
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: AFC Champs

You don't trust your Defense for 4 games with something(Super Bowl) actually on the line now, wwharton?
Old 12-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #18
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
You don't trust your Defense for 4 games with something(Super Bowl) actually on the line now, wwharton?
I really don't. Yesterday should've been encouraging but the Giants really didn't come to play so I can't really use that to judge. Here are my keys:

1. Ed Reed has played the entire season hurt and has been living off his name. These head to head hits he's getting, I'm positive is bc he's worried about being knocked out for good if he really gives himself up. Every time he hits the ground it's a wonder if he'll get back up. If you can see it on a snap, he lines up 20 yards back and then back pedals on every play... even when it's a run. He also can't change directions as well as he used to so his guessing has gotten him in trouble a lot this year, and we don't have the guys around him to hide that so there have been quite a few big plays but he's not going to change his game.

2. Ray Lewis was said to be done for the year. I don't believe for a second he'll be close to 100% when he comes back. I think he's doing it bc the D needs the help and his direction will be a big help but I have a lot of questions about his actual play.

3. Suggs had an insane recovery from the achilles but you can see the pain he's in with the torn bicep. He shouldn't be playing, just toughing it out. That's great and a help but he's pretty much it in terms of a real pass rush which means there really isn't a real pass rush.

4. Pollard is the best threat in the secondary and run support and he's been out the last two weeks... we'll see if he'll be good for the playoffs.

The D has been gashed by the run and the pass, no pass rush, etc. It wasn't luck that they got destroyed by the Broncos and Texans (destroyed). I don't see the D doing any better against either team. I could see the O keeping up with the Pats again (wouldn't predict it but could see it) but I don't think they could do it against the Broncos/Texans defenses.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #19
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I don't see the Colts or Bengals making any major noise, so really it's between the four division winners.

I know the Broncos have won 10 straight and all, but really, who's the best team they've beaten? A banged up Baltimore team last week? Pittsburgh the first week of the season? These are the other 10 teams they've beaten: Kansas City, Oakland x2, New Orleans, San Diego x2, Cincinnati, Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Cleveland. And they close out the season against Kansas City. I'm not saying they're frauds or anything, just that I'm not sold on them going over a team like the Texans or Pats.
So you are penalizing the Broncos for beating the teams they should beat? 8 of their 12 wins has been by double digits, and of the remaining 4, 3 were by 8 points and the other by 7. They have pretty much destroyed the competition.
They have a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense, a solid kicker/punter and a dangerous return man.
Their losses, they ended up losing to the Texans by 6, the Patriots by 10 and the Falcons by 6, mainly do to costly turnovers early in the season, and still getting situated.
This isn't a fraud team like the Colts, this is a legit contender team that will play tough against any AFC team out there and has a good chance to win. Will they win the AFC? Who knows, there are some mighty fine teams in the AFC this year.

Also, to add, Houston's 3 losses, all were to playoff contenders and in all three games, they got blown out.
The Patriots, 3 of their losses were by a combined 4 points.

I honestly feel its going to be the Patriots or Broncos representing the AFC this year.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #20
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13
In the mind of broncos fans the broncos are unbeatable.. NOT.. There so overrated i cant stand them... They better beat good teams before.. They even talk about being AFC Champs..

I think the Texans or Pats will be AFC champs as last time i checked both teams have already beat the broncos and will prove just how weak denver is when they meet again.. Im not sold on the Broncos because they beat weak teams picked on a injured ravens squad.. But everyone acts like there so good there 3 loses were to divison champs and far better teams then the donkeys.. I hate the pats but if they meet the broncos its the one time ill root for them..

No wonder manning looks good Denver is overhyped.. They pick on a talented but badly coach chiefs team who will reclaim the AFC west in 2013 with a better QB Coach and Team then manning will get exposed.. And proved to be washed up. As the AFC west as a whole will improve!

Watch it will happen Chiefs overtake broncos in 2013 book it.. To be honest i think Its going to be Texans vs 49ers in super bowl... 49ers win it... Hope broncos fans enjoy it now while they can because i can safely say there not going to the super bowl.. Go Chiefs..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!

Last edited by Chiefsfan881129; 12-24-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
In the mind of broncos fans the broncos are unbeatable.. NOT.. There so overrated i cant stand them... They better beat good teams before.. They even talk about being AFC Champs..

I think the Texans or Pats will be AFC champs as last time i checked both teams have already beat the broncos and will prove just how weak denver is when they meet again.. Im not sold on the Broncos because they beat weak teams picked on a injured ravens squad.. But everyone acts like there so good there 3 loses were to divison champs and far better teams then the donkeys.. I hate the pats but if they meet the broncos its the one time ill root for them..

No wonder manning looks good Denver is overhyped.. They pick on a talented but badly coach chiefs team who will reclaim the AFC west in 2013 with a better QB Coach and Team then manning will get exposed.. And proved to be washed up. As the AFC west as a whole will improve!

Watch it will happen Chiefs overtake broncos in 2013 book it.. To be honest i think Its going to be Texans vs 49ers in super bowl... 49ers win it... Hope broncos fans enjoy it now while they can because i can safely say there not going to the super bowl.. Go Chiefs..

Hilarious amounts of sour grapes here....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

Go Chiefs! Just won my semi final fantasy game (and an extra $600) despite Arian Foster's troubles. Go Chiefs! Go Jamaal Charles (226 yds rushing-1 TDs).
Old 12-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

Embarrassing.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

In some cases I can see the schedule argument fitting(such as the Colts this year), but in the Broncos case I don't. It's obvious they're a great team. In my opinion anyway. I think they're the most complete team in the league slightly ahead of Seattle because Peyton > Wilson.

I guess I just don't need any confirmation wins to seal the belief I have of them. They had a good defense and running game going into the offseason, and then they add Peyton Manning? And even though they've lived off beating average to bad teams, they sure have looked impressive doing it.

Better than my Colts giving up 350 rushing yards in a win against KC.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »