Home

NFC Divisional Round: #6 New Orleans Saints at #1 Seattle Seahawks

This is a discussion on NFC Divisional Round: #6 New Orleans Saints at #1 Seattle Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2014, 04:38 PM   #33
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NFC Divisional Round: #6 New Orleans Saints at #1 Seattle Seahawks

Quote:
Larry Holder @LarryHolder
Richard Sherman said he doesn't feel like the Seahawks have a mental edge on the Saints because of the previous matchup.
Quote:
Can confirm there are Seahawks logos at midfield on the Saints' practice fields.

Quote:
Keenan Lewis: "I'll be there Saturday. I'll be ready to go."

@AdamdotH
Old 01-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #34
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Looks like Luke Willson is practicing today, which is amazing given that he had to get carted off against the Rams. This isn't a huge deal, but it at least spares us from Kellen Davis getting more playing time. That's always a good thing.

And it looks like Harvin's scheduled to practice again, so still crossing my fingers there.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #35
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Hopefully the Seahawks annihilate the Saints. Tough to do that twice in a row though, so I expect a closer game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 05:31 PM   #36
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I would think that Seattle is probably considered a safe pick.The thing that sticks out with the Seahawks though is how anemic the offense can look in certain games.I don't think this will be one of them.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #37
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I would think that Seattle is probably considered a safe pick.The thing that sticks out with the Seahawks though is how anemic the offense can look in certain games.I don't think this will be one of them.
Exactly, but I believe they will be all over that this week in practice and really sharpen the offensive execution up. If Percy plays, his presence might add a half step of hesitation to the Saints defensively. If he isn't there, we'll have to fight it out and Wilson will put the team on his back.

I think the defense and LOB will do its job, and probably secure at least one turnover that we MUST capitalize on. I think this game will be closer than the previous Saints/Seahawks meeting.

The Saints have been a little erratic (like us) lately, but I still have much respect for them coming in. Playoffs, baby...and our last meeting was so lopsided as to be strange.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 01-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #38
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

One thing I'm STILL concerned about is Marshawn and the running game. It got a little better in the Rams game, but that's the bread and butter of this offense. They've got to find some way to get him going more.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #39
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

And if you wanna keep Brees on the sidelines, then you have to make sure the run game gets going.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #40
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Great article detailing how the Seahawks stopped the Saints in the first matchup, as well as what the Saints can do to change it up this time around:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...attle-seahawks

This part in particular is what I was talking about in an earlier post about the Saints needing to adjust their passing attack:

Quote:
2) Making the running backs a focal point in the passing game.
The Seahawks' utilization of Cover 1 and Cover 3 forces quarterbacks to settle for check-downs. Most quarterbacks refuse to do so, leading to turnovers off forced throws into tight coverage. In the first meeting, Brees tossed 12 of his 38 passes to running backs, including seven throws to Sproles for 32 yards. Now, those numbers aren't impressive, but Brees could enhance the effectiveness of the running backs by getting the ball to Sproles (and, if healthy, Thomas) quicker in the pass progression. Brees frequently hesitated before finding his outlets in space, allowing the Seahawks to close quickly and eliminate yards after catch.

If Brees can make it a point to "dink and dunk" quicker in the rematch, the barrage of short throws could eventually entice a Seahawks defender to leave his assigned area, resulting in a big play down the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »