Home

ACQB M11 Strategy Thread

This is a discussion on ACQB M11 Strategy Thread within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: ACQB M11 Strategy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
News flash, bro: this stuff is already going down here--I can guarantee it. Perhaps not the spy deal, but for sure the sort of thing from the Sting Pinch example. It's not a very big jump from one to the other, and if it doesn't work 100% of the time, or if it can be countered by some sort of user action, one could argue that it's not cheap.

I'm just trying to learn more about the game and to get a little better at it, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

The first bolded section is simply ashame if people are resorting to some of the cheap tactics that are out there in E-Books and tourney forums to generate pressure. The second bolded section reminds me of the general response you'd get from most tourney/cheesers when people complain about their cheap tactics.

I mean where are the "real" strategy threads...people considering using the zig zag, guys more concerned about stats than solid execution, users looking for/using cheap blitzes. Just because something may not be circumventing does not mean it's a viable tactic. Point is it takes advantage of the A.I.. Users should not have to adjust to an A.I. glitch, I don't even see how that can be considered a legitimate response.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #90
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
wait a minute, that blitz that trojan posted is a straight tourney tactic, and if that is allowed then I am out!!!! and if you knew that it was going on and nothing was said then we need to look at the league HARD!!!
Seriously Twosilk? I ran that blitz all the time last year. If I wanted to make sure my DT took the OC, I'd re-blitz him. I wouldn't walk the MLB into the A gap, but I got the same effect. I didn't like the blitz much, it left the flats open. WR screens and shotgun absolutely own it. Not to mention outside runs or seam/post routes.

Cheese is re-blitzing all your DL after pinching them and manually blitzing your linebacker through the A gap. That's a nano. Not rushing 6.

I've had to re-blitz my OLB's all the time to have them contain the edge properly. Is that cheese to you?

Easy there fellah...

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 08-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
wait a minute, that blitz that trojan posted is a straight tourney tactic, and if that is allowed then I am out!!!! and if you knew that it was going on and nothing was said then we need to look at the league HARD!!!
I'm cleaning the house at present and will say more later, but my inquiry is primarily about enhanced blitz tactics like the Sting Pinch example. I'm not really invested in the spy example.

Regular shifts and strategy pad assignments like LOLB blitz, ROLB blitz, etc. are one way to add pressure.

Another way is to reblitz guys to change the angles and move a guy (like a user controlled LB) to a more advantageous position. You can do these adjustments to most any blitz package, or even coverage packages, to turn up the heat. I can give other examples, but the Sting Pinch one is easy since it's out there for free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #92
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Don't look to the patch. Look to your scheme. What in particular is really chewing up your D right now?
it is not a scheme thing, it is getting there, and having the runner slide right off of you, like his uniform is made of teflon, i have played some great users, and see them make a hit on cadillac and he just slides off, or spins forward for 3-5 yards extra, no scheme in the world can stop that. I know you have the steelers, and maybe your defense doesnt have all of the issues, but they are out there, but if you have a scheme to help then please let us know, and I assure the complaining will stop.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #93
MVP

I make one adjustment to almost every single blitz I run. Sometimes just making sure you have the overload completed is all it takes.

Twosilk, I'll think about the concepts at work today. Honestly, I apply my football knowledge to situations and have great outcomes. Whether it's mixing it up, or making sure I cover the area I know my opponent wants to attack... it's worked for me. Maybe I'll try to get into detail about what I mean and where to read about it this weekend.

I don't mean for this to be snide, I'm trying to genuinely change your perspectives so you can enjoy the game. I have no problem talking about every single strategy I do.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #94
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Seriously Twosilk? I ran that blitz all the time last year. If I wanted to make sure my DT took the OC, I'd re-blitz him. I wouldn't walk the MLB into the A gap, but I got the same effect. I didn't like the blitz much, it left the flats open. WR screens and shotgun absolutely own it. Not to mention outside runs or seam/post routes.

Cheese is re-blitzing all your DL after pinching them and manually blitzing your linebacker through the A gap. That's a nano. Not rushing 6.

I've had to re-blitz my OLB's all the time to have them contain the edge properly. Is that cheese to you?

Easy there fellah...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...944-rules.html

anybody remember these???
Old 08-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #95
MVP

One thing that really stands out to me this year is how extremely bad you can get beat up if you don't respect the run game. If you come out with a lot of DB's on the field against a base offense and they run it, you could get gouged. See, people may perceive this as a gameplay flaw, but in reality NFL teams wouldn't put 6 DB's on teh field against 2 TE singleback sets.

I think some of us need to re-learn some basic fundamentals of defense: personnel, alignment, assignment, variety, gaps. That goes a long way.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #96
MVP

Quote:
An A gap blitz isn't necessarily a nano blitz. Don't misinterpret my post.

You should spend some of that energy on learning football strategies. It's more productive in the long run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »