Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Making a Smarter Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Making a Smarter Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 02:04 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Making a Smarter Game

Amazing blog, thank you 2ksports. Pre-ordering tomorrow, off of to play 2k10 now...
Old 08-07-2010, 02:52 AM   #74
Rookie

SimBaller's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
Anybody else notice that the Heat bench is finally on the right side?
I was actually wondering when someone would make a comment about benches this year. Every stadium should now have the home/away benches on the appropriate sides. A little detail, but taken care of nonetheless.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:54 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

quickly read through it. loving what I am hearing. its hard to read and take it all in, so I shall see what changes are there when the game loads up in less than 8 weeks. Im just overloaded with excitement right now.. Thank you 2k! Thank you for what plans to be a great fall of bball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 05:09 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 25

competition is great, isn't it
Old 08-07-2010, 05:16 AM   #77
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Looking forward to seeing this all in action. Nice to have an "official" set of sim sliders, though I'm still skeptical about how well running plays will work. I'm thinking 2K won't go the "barebones" route for this year's demo.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:34 AM   #78
Rookie

NYCDaFuture's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Forget online play man this is all about AI not online sheesh

The core and SP game is and always should be the #1 priority first

I love how they tuned the FB's to work with hard breakers, ones that run semi hard, and ones that barely run

I tried to do that to nba live 10 last year changing the ratings to make their breaks run like that, but 2k actually programmed the game like this from the jump...

Thats pretty smart

I can't cosign this... Wat u mean forget about online.. I love this insight but if all of this don't apply for online meaning the game style don't apply for rank games then this is useless plain n simple.. For offline I can change my sliders however i want it.. Myself n alot others want these options for online.. Offline is cool if dats wat u like most.. But this needs to b online... If not den it's a waste for me.. Ghost
Old 08-07-2010, 06:44 AM   #79
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
I was actually wondering when someone would make a comment about benches this year. Every stadium should now have the home/away benches on the appropriate sides. A little detail, but taken care of nonetheless.
i hate to be that guy but are all the stadiums more accurate looking? Like MSG having 3 dornas instead of a long one?
Old 08-07-2010, 06:52 AM   #80
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

OVR: 7

I kinda would like to know, if there are aspects of the Game Style Choice that go beyond Sliders. Like above said, it would be kind of dispensable if there are just based on sliders, which you can and the majority of OS Players will change based on their personal Game Style.

However if they do apply to online play, the real proof for their efficiency would be if you actually get rewarded for playing with real basketball strategy. It's definitely possible...one of the best examples is FIFA (the only game I actually can play online and still feels like the real sport), where you will get trashed if you don't play according to the real life sport. In that case this could be groundbreaking for all of the guys voting for sim here...well the ones that would still vote for sim after getting destroyed by a true to life sim player. ;-)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »