Home

Perimeter Defense Seems Way Too Tight - Smothering

This is a discussion on Perimeter Defense Seems Way Too Tight - Smothering within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2023, 03:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've been playing some of my friends in some online matches using MyNBA and we are finding our 3pt attempts are way too low, not to mention 3pt fg %'s. I've actually been trying to adjust sliders for jumpshot defense strength to see if I can make it where more contested shots become viable to try and get these numbers to come up, but nothing I'm doing seems to work as it literally feels like every player on the floor is set to Smother for on-ball defense. It seems like as soon as you come across half court you're getting bodied up. Something doesn't seem right about this. Is anybody else having this experience, and has anyone found a solution to sort of get the defense to play less physical on the outside?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2023, 05:04 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Perimeter Defense Seems Way Too Tight - Smothering

I totally agree, it's loke everytime I play the game, it had a different feeling.

Few days ago to me it was playing perfect, quite possibly the best version of 2k I have played jn a long time.

Yesterday, shooting felt a bit weird and off

Today, it's like as soon as u cross half court, defense is smothering and by the time I get a shot off, I usually miss.

This is not a skill thing, I know thats the common excuse, and it's not that I want AI defense to be easy, as I love defense. As I said 2 days ago it was playing great, I lost some , won some, it was challenging and fun.

But 3 days, 3 different game play feelings, it's very un predictable and takes away the fun.

I really want to get a Mynba going but it's hard to with how the game plays different everyday until it's just uncomfortable and not fun.
Old 09-14-2023, 05:15 PM   #3
Rookie

YES! I forgot to mention this as well! It's as if which each passing day the defense gets tighter and tighter on the perimeter... what's the point of improving the spacing in the game if you can hardly move without constant bumping and hip riding and a complete inability to free yourself for outside jumpshots beyond a complete defensive breakdown?
Old 09-14-2023, 06:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori Daed
YES! I forgot to mention this as well! It's as if which each passing day the defense gets tighter and tighter on the perimeter... what's the point of improving the spacing in the game if you can hardly move without constant bumping and hip riding and a complete inability to free yourself for outside jumpshots beyond a complete defensive breakdown?
Yup not to mention the bumping drains your adrenaline and then when I try to get up a midrange shot, it will miss or is highly contested.

Few days ago, It was paying really well, I was playing great then the AI made some adjustments and then came back and won, but I never felt cheated!!. I felt the defense improved and adjusted to what I was doing and then they won.

Right now, it just feels off and just not enjoyable.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:28 PM   #5
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

If it helps I have lost 10 in a row with the Raptors in MyNBA after starting 3-1. Something has definitely changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2023, 06:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
If it helps I have lost 10 in a row with the Raptors in MyNBA after starting 3-1. Something has definitely changed.

Ha I'm with the raptors aswell !

Sad because this is probably last on their list to address.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:51 PM   #7
Rookie

If I had to bet why this changed, it's probably due to AI teammates in myplayer online modes being easily exploited/shot over for easy buckets... so they probably had to make all AI play up tighter in shooters whom were probably able to pull from the logo with some of the myplayer builds people have... and instead of anything ever being separate, it completely F'd the balance of the regular PlayNow NBA modes.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:53 PM   #8
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori Daed
If I had to bet why this changed, it's probably due to AI teammates in myplayer online modes being easily exploited/shot over for easy buckets... so they probably had to make all AI play up tighter in shooters whom were probably able to pull from the logo with some of the myplayer builds people have... and instead of anything ever being separate, it completely F'd the balance of the regular PlayNow NBA modes.

If this is true. Then offline default is toast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »