Home

Perimeter Defense Seems Way Too Tight - Smothering

This is a discussion on Perimeter Defense Seems Way Too Tight - Smothering within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 09-15-2023, 01:51 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Perimeter Defense Seems Way Too Tight - Smothering

I did notice that players were really sluggish and struggling to get open or even attack.

I guess something got messed up in the last patch. Is there any way to bring this to their attention. Again, doing this work around and then for it to change again next patch .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2023, 01:53 PM   #26
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077
I did notice that players were really sluggish and struggling to get open or even attack.

I guess something got messed up in the last patch. Is there any way to bring this to their attention. Again, doing this work around and then for it to change again next patch .

Try it out. It works! I’ll probably tweak it a bit, but I’m going to move up to Allstar in my next game with these same changes, and see how the gameplay is.

I finished the game against the Wizards and beat them easily. 113-73. Shot 51% from the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2023, 02:00 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
Try it out. It works! I’ll probably tweak it a bit, but I’m going to move up to Allstar in my next game with these same changes, and see how the gameplay is.

I finished the game against the Wizards and beat them easily. 113-73. Shot 51% from the field.

I'll try it out for sure, just want to see if they do anything in the next patch or so, because I don't want to keep changing my settings and sliders once I start a my league, that kind of ruins the experience for me
Old 09-15-2023, 03:36 PM   #28
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

The main issue is that the CPU gets physical boosts at Superstar/HOF difficulty. Try decreasing the CPU Speed/Acceleration/Strength sliders by 5 and the game opens up quite a bit.
Old 09-15-2023, 04:31 PM   #29
Banned

Do y’all know what difficulty doesn’t have boosts for cpu or user? I would assume putting all sliders on 50 for both cpu and user would be sufficient?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
The main issue is that the CPU gets physical boosts at Superstar/HOF difficulty. Try decreasing the CPU Speed/Acceleration/Strength sliders by 5 and the game opens up quite a bit.
Old 09-15-2023, 04:40 PM   #30
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douevenbench913
Do y’all know what difficulty doesn’t have boosts for cpu or user? I would assume putting all sliders on 50 for both cpu and user would be sufficient?

I struggled on Allstar before I discovered this stam issue.

Old 09-15-2023, 06:22 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Will a global mass reduction of Perimeter D and/or Contest attribute help in this area?

To answer this question - I say no. I have made global edits lowering perimeter D, defensive awareness and defensive consistency to the lowest possible. I've also removed any and all badges having to do with perimeter defense (clamps, fast feet) and countered that by giving every player blow-by, physical handles, bulldozer, speed booster and triple strike. The results are noticeable, but even with lowering attributes within the roster (essentially lobotomizing each player defensively whilst giving them all sprained ankles) and lowering every defensive slider to 0, except post D the results aren't great. You'd think it'd be a profound difference and it just isn't. Defenders still slide/warp/sprint to get to their desired location, smashing into you and it just plain sucks. There's a level of physicality that disregards the NBA rules and the laws of physics baked into the game this year, so far. Hopefully a patch will fix it, but I'm scared it won't because I can't remember a time that level of edits to players and sliders yielded such little results. Movement even feels like half the time I'm on ice skates and the other half of the time my inputs seem to be recognized very slow and it seems sluggish.

I dislike how sticky and unrealistic defenders are this year. Combined with how much warping and gliding that goes with it, and I am really not having fun. I'm thinking Pro Play has something to do with, at least to some extent. Suction animations, getting slowed down, bumped, pulled into a random direction, hitch/speed changes...the list goes on. Psychic defenders has plagued this series, but with patches, roster edits and sliders, a lot of it gets cleaned up and that's all I can hope for this year.

On a positive note, when the odd play works without all the wonky speed changes and animations things look great. Pro Play can absolutely look cool, and some of the new dribbling is pretty great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2023, 07:27 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwater
To answer this question - I say no. I have made global edits lowering perimeter D, defensive awareness and defensive consistency to the lowest possible. I've also removed any and all badges having to do with perimeter defense (clamps, fast feet) and countered that by giving every player blow-by, physical handles, bulldozer, speed booster and triple strike. The results are noticeable, but even with lowering attributes within the roster (essentially lobotomizing each player defensively whilst giving them all sprained ankles) and lowering every defensive slider to 0, except post D the results aren't great. You'd think it'd be a profound difference and it just isn't. Defenders still slide/warp/sprint to get to their desired location, smashing into you and it just plain sucks. There's a level of physicality that disregards the NBA rules and the laws of physics baked into the game this year, so far. Hopefully a patch will fix it, but I'm scared it won't because I can't remember a time that level of edits to players and sliders yielded such little results. Movement even feels like half the time I'm on ice skates and the other half of the time my inputs seem to be recognized very slow and it seems sluggish.

I dislike how sticky and unrealistic defenders are this year. Combined with how much warping and gliding that goes with it, and I am really not having fun. I'm thinking Pro Play has something to do with, at least to some extent. Suction animations, getting slowed down, bumped, pulled into a random direction, hitch/speed changes...the list goes on. Psychic defenders has plagued this series, but with patches, roster edits and sliders, a lot of it gets cleaned up and that's all I can hope for this year.

On a positive note, when the odd play works without all the wonky speed changes and animations things look great. Pro Play can absolutely look cool, and some of the new dribbling is pretty great.
This Is how I'm feeling now aswell, but did you feel like this first few days after release ? For me the most recent parch changed this and made player movement feel this way. Before the patch it played great.

Hope we can get the word to them to fix this, but as I've been saying , I'm worried that they only focus on my career complaints.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »