Home

Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

This is a discussion on Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

What up Madden people,

I've been offering up my own two cents and experiences with tweaking sliders in many threads here.

I never intended to set out to create my own set of sliders. However, several of you have been asking me to post my set. So here it is, it all of its glory.

Keep in mind your QB sack numbers will still be high. I've spent a TON of time testing and tweaking and experimenting...you're probably going to end up with 4+ sacks a game UNLESS you edit QB traits.

I recommend editing QB traits before you start your CFM. Go into manage roster. Edit the top 2 QBs for each team by selecting Traits and then change Throw Ball Away --> Yes and Sense Pressure --> Paranoid. This will dramatically reduce sacks and helps a bit with robo QB because the CPU will chuck the ball out of bounds a bit more often when facing pressure.

The challenge with this comes in year 2 of your CFM once rookies start entering the league. If you're running an online CFM, you won't be able to edit them. If you're running an offline CFM, when you see that you're going up against an unedited rookie QB, click down on your right stick. Create a new coach. Go to upgrade players. Upgrade Throw Ball Away --> Yes (should cost about 2500 xp). Make sure you set player progression to end of the year so that the CPU will save up enough xp points for you to do this. Unfortunately, you can't edit the sense pressure trait once the CFM starts.

Here's a big tip to making the CPU challenging (offline CFM only): make sure the team you're going up against has a scheme and playbook that match up with their strengths. This allows the CPU to play to their strengths and will also affect how they choose to attack you.

For example, if you see that you're going up against a team with a great QB, solid WR's and TE's, but a poor RB and you see them trying a power run scheme, switch them over to a vertical scheme. You can also experiment with having the CPU use different playbooks. For teams that love to pass often with great quarterbacks (IE the Saints, Broncos, Falcons), I suggest having them run a pass balanced playbook. You will see the CPU attacking with their star weapons much more frequently.

Try mixing up different playbooks from time to time and testing which ones the CPU uses most effectively. (If you're online CFM, obviously you don't have this option).

One last thing - I encourage you to do a lot of testing on your own. I call this the chameleon set because I took a lot of different slider sets and merged them all together. I will credit the members on here that inspired this work. Please mess with these...break them apart, find what works, what doesn't, and keep making tweaks. No one slider set is going to be perfect for you.

Last updated: [POST PATCH UPDATE] 10/14:
-------------------------------------------------

CFM Settings

Skill Level - All-Pro
Quarter Length - 13 min
Accelerated Clock - On
Minimum Play Clock - 18 (-2)
Game Speed - Normal
Player Progression - End of year

Team Settings

Strafe Assist - On
Pre Snap Menu - On
Coaching Tips - Off
Player Names - Pre Snap
Heat Seeker - On
Ball Hawk - On
Switch Assist - On

Sliders

Player Skill

QB Accuracy - 12 (-3)
Pass Blocking - 55
WR Catching - 55 (-8)
Run Blocking - 40 (-3)
Fumbles - 40
Pass Defense Reaction Time - 15
Interceptions - 40 (-5)
Pass Coverage - 60 (-20)
Tackling - 32

Notes: If you're picking apart the CPU too easily, lower your QB accuracy. The patch makes it a bit harder to be more accurate, but I feel like 12 is still perfect. I brought WR catching down to 55 so that you will see star WR's come down with the ball more often with 1 on 1 matchups while still seeing a realistic amount of drops. I moved run block down to 40 but you might need to lower it if you're averaging over 4 yards per carry (depending on your team). Thanks to Oraeon's research, the lower the pass defense reaction time slider, the faster your defense will react to the ball in the air and get to the player with the ball in his hands (RB's too). Raising pass coverage allows the defense to cover passes more effectively. These two values are set to 15 and 60 because the CPU has a habit of picking apart your defense a little too easily in my opinion. This counters it. I had originally set pass coverage to 80 but realized that getting this slider beyond 75 results in the CPU taking far too many coverage sacks. You will probably still see the CPU throw with a higher completion % than you would like, but I feel like this is better than getting an extra 1-2 sacks a game due to coverage. Lastly, with tackling set to 32 or 33, you will see a realistic amount of broken tackles.

CPU Skill

QB Accuracy - 40 (-10)
Pass Blocking- 90 (+5)
WR Catching - 45 (+3)
Run Blocking - 60 (+5)
Fumbles - 40
Pass Defense Reaction Time - 15
Interceptions - 40 (-5)
Pass Coverage - 70 (-10)
Tackling - 35 (+1)

Notes: I've tested QB accuracy a lot. In my opinion, this slider does not impact the CPU QB's actual accuracy until you get down to 4 or 3. From 5-100, the QB accuracy is roughly the same. You will, however see the QB scramble more intelligently at higher levels. In my opinion, this allows them to escape a few more sacks. I have fumbles set to 40 for both teams and you will see on average 1 fumble per team each game. Raise this slider if you want to see less.

Special Teams

FG Power - 50
FG Accuracy - 38
Punt Power - 50
Punt Accuracy - 53
Kickoff Power - 50

Notes: FG accuracy is perfect in my opinion. You will finally see the CPU miss a realistic amount of FG's. I raised punt accuracy to 53 because the CPU doesn't do too well at coffin corners at 50 or below.

Game Options

Injuries - 57 (+3)
fatigue - 65
Min Player Speed Threshold - 35 (+5)

Notes: I'm still testing speed threshold. Updated it from 35 to 30. Feels right - faster players are breaking away but IMO the higher you go with this slider, the more the D can contain the offense. Injuries have been raised to 54 thanks to heelphreak's suggestion. I will continue testing this - as long as I don't see too many CPU QB's get knocked out for the season, I might keep it here.

Penalty

Offside - 60
false Start - 50 (-11)
Holding - 62 (-3)
Face Mask - 52
Defensive PI - 75
Offensive PI - 50 (+25)
Punt Catch Interference - 50
Clipping - 50
Intentional Grounding - 15
Roughing Passer - 25
Roughing Kicker - 50

-------------------------------------------------

I'm using Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders.
You can check them out here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...b-sliders.html

If you want to test and show us box scores, go here:
http://dynasties.operationsports.com/index.php

Credit goes to:

Armor and Sword for his brilliant base set
Kchuskey for his all-pro default penalty set and theory
Billsfan1113 for his idea to raise CPU pass accuracy
Oraeon1224 for his extensive slider testing and theory
Bzito75 for his tweaking of this base set that inspired changes
heelphreak for his injury slider suggestion

If you're still seeing too many short passes from the CPU, hit triangle on PS4 (Y on Xbone) and then right stick down to adjust coverage to underneath routes. This works like a charm!

Enjoy.

Last edited by SwaggerCoach; 10-15-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
Rookie

l am the GOAT's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

any house rules
Old 09-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Game speed MEDIUM?
Old 09-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #4
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlboy82
Game speed MEDIUM?

lol Normal. My bad!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #5
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l am the GOAT
any house rules

Not really. I just try to play as sim as possible. I don't repeat plays very often. I call a mix of run and pass.

On defense if I find a play that is exploiting the CPU, I stop calling it.

Simple stuff.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm going to try these out because I am intrigued by your ideas relative to the Cpu QB. It's a bonus that you have used Armor's set as a base. I'll let you know how it goes.

PSN: hoos4974
Old 09-10-2014, 07:28 PM   #7
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
I'm going to try these out because I am intrigued by your ideas relative to the Cpu QB. It's a bonus that you have used Armor's set as a base. I'll let you know how it goes.

Awesome! Looking forward to some feedback.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

About to give these a try now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »