Home

How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

OVR: 0
How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition

Hi Guys! Well another year of Madden is nearly upon us and although it's not the official release date just yet, I know several people have the game already or will be getting it early including myself so thought I would get the ball rolling on what is usally one of the most popular threads all year. I find it highly enjoyable to post about my franchise whilst also reading how other people are getting on.

Here is to the new year of Madden Football! Cheers.

Link to box scores if you want to use them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #2
Banned

Re: How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition

This thread should wait until release date.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:39 PM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

I started a CFM during ea access just cause that’s the only mode I play and I only play with my dirty birds. So, I’ve played 3 games.

I beat the Eagles in game 1, 30-23. Really a fun game, especially for first M19 game. I caused a fumble on the opening kickoff and scored a TD on first play after that with freeman. Really nice run through a beautiful hole. I immediately liked the rpm. Lol. I had 2 ints on wentz. Good back n forth game. Or, I went up by 14, but they came back. And, I used the clock appropriately before giving them the ball back with less than a min left. Because, they got the ball into my red zone, but I stopped them from tying the game with a TD.

2nd game. Absolutely blew out the panthers. Lol. I almost shut them out, but they finally scored a TD late. I think I won 40-7 or close to that score. Ryan and jones had a good day, and my D is becoming a much more ball hawking unit (I hope this happens in real life as well, lol). I think I had 3 ints and cam threw for 300.

3rd game vs saints. I got 4 picks of Brees. Lol. Idk if it’s the rivalry game factor or what, but I always pick breed. Rodgers as well, actually. It’s almost as it the better the qb, the more likely they throw deep or something and I get a few picks. But, this game was as close as it gets. Actually, I believe 3 of my picks were in my own red zone. Lol. So, my D saved me multiple times. They kicked 6 fgs for 18 points. Interesting note - on one drive, they kicked a fg, but I got called for roughing the kicker (animation wise, it was such a late call and kicker stepped on me, but whatever), and they took the points off the board, and then I intercepted him in the end zone. Lol. And, I mention this because that’s the difference, actually. I struggled to do anything on offense. They got 2-3 ints on me and I struggled to run until late in the game (when I really needed it). I stopped them before the 2 min warning down 18-16. I threw a couple tough passes to Julio and a decent screen to Coleman (freeman got injured). Then, I just ran Coleman up the middle to set the kicker up and run clock. He made a couple first downs, actually, as the D suddenly let him in. I think the game called D poorly, here, now that I think about it. They were expecting pass and playing zone D. The announcers were ON POINT, here, I must say. They mentioned the clock. They mentioned me running in the middle of the field to set up my kicker. They mentioned it all, correctly. That was pretty awesome. Anyways, I kicked the final fg with no time left and won a tough game 19-18. Lol.

So, I’m 3-0. I’ll probably start a fresh CFM when rosters are finalized for reg season. But, this was a fun start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2018, 10:46 PM   #4
Rookie

DoTheSankeyLeg's Arena

I can't start my Bucs franchise till the 7th. Hopefully there's a good draft class up by then.
Charlotte Hornets
Syracuse Orange
Old 08-02-2018, 11:42 PM   #5
Rookie

bravo2208's Arena

I'm also in the camp of those waiting until official release. At this point, I'm still trying to decide what team to use in CFM. I'm leaning Baltimore. Putting some weapons around Jackson and dealing with the Flacco contract should provide a nice challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #6
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBlue
This thread should wait until release date.
Don’t think it’s that much of a big deal considering many people have already started their Franchises & also there being a Madden 19 Trade discussion thread.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:37 AM   #7
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo2208
I'm also in the camp of those waiting until official release. At this point, I'm still trying to decide what team to use in CFM. I'm leaning Baltimore. Putting some weapons around Jackson and dealing with the Flacco contract should provide a nice challenge.
The Ravens will be many people’s team of choice I feel this year, with the skill set that Jackson brings to the table. I usually have two Franchise’s on the go, one with my beloved Saints and then one with another team. I’m yet too decide on the latter option, there’s so many options I could go with so need to narrow it down soon lol.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:48 PM   #8
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo2208
The Flacco contract is only this year if I remember correctly. He's in a contract year this year.

And yeah just about everyone can assume the Ravens will be the new "cheese" team for years to come. No offense. Any team he went to I'd believe the same...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »