Home

Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube

This is a discussion on Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #1
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Rex gives interview, Eric Rayweather gives his answers on Youtube

*If Title still wrong ,Mods please fix. Meant Eric Rayweather.*

Eric Rayweather on YouTube gives insight on questions asked and Rex's answers to what was happening at EA.

https://youtu.be/PGpR9zUaQKs

Last edited by Rayzaa; 04-12-2019 at 12:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #2
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube

Alteast 90% of ppl in the Madden forums need to hear this and realize why things are the way they are. Like we're Madden appolgists, no we just understand what's going on with the big picture. Especially, the ones that have called the devs lazy. I would honestly rather listen to the podcast and hear it from Rex. This dude kinda made it confusing by adding his own two cents after everything imo.

Here's the actual interview. I would listen to the whole interview.

https://m.soundcloud.com/dubdot-dubb...episode-24-rex

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 04-11-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:29 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I only needed to hear the first 30 minutes of the podcast.

I wonder if people that take potshots at the developers will really listen to this podcast. If they do, then there should be no more shots taken at the developers. If they continue to take shots at them, then we will know they didn't listen to one second of the podcast.

This is the same info I received from Ian several years ago, marketing and the Executive Producers dictate what goes into the game. This was not a shocker or surprise for me.

Protak is implemented one year and taken out the next because it was already marketed and they need something new to market.

Like xtreme mentioned several days ago in the other thread, the game is targeted towards the MUT and Competitive market.

And something should be crystal clear to everyone, marketing and the Executive Producers will produce the game they want to the most revenue in, no one will change their mind. If Creative Developers can't change their minds, no one on the outside will either. They will not change their business plan that makes them revenue.

Last edited by roadman; 04-11-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Re: Rex gives interview, Eric Rayweather gives his answers on Youtube

Basically after watching, only way to make the suits listen is hitting their pockets. Bad news is, i dont think we have enough core sim gamers to make a dent even if we all did.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 04-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #5
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Alteast 90% of ppl in the Madden forums need to hear this and realize why things are the way they are. Like we're Madden appolgists, no we just understand what's going on with the big picture. Especially, the ones that have called the devs lazy. I would honestly rather listen to the podcast and hear it from Rex. This dude kinda made it confusing by adding his own two cents after everything imo.

Here's the actual interview. I would listen to the whole interview.

https://m.soundcloud.com/dubdot-dubb...episode-24-rex
Thanks, I didn't hear the actual podcast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2019, 09:12 PM   #6
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
Basically after watching, only way to make the suits listen is hitting their pockets. Bad news is, i dont think we have enough core sim gamers to make a dent even if we all did.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, the really big shame here is that back of the box features don’t really sell more copies or ‘many’ more copies. I really think if they concentrated on gameplay and made a truly amazing realistic football game, THAT would sell. Through word of mouth, alone. The hardcore sim community would be talking about how realistic it is. The game reviewers would talk about how realistic it is. That would get casuals interested as well.

Pro Tak didn’t sell more copies to casuals. Aggressive catch mechanics didn’t sell more to casuals. RPM didn’t sell more to casuals. It’s possible that Longshot appealed to some casuals, but I still imagine that’s a minimal fan base addition for the work required for that ‘back of the box’ feature.

It’s always a shame when money gets involved into artistic expression. Instead of letting the artists create, they’re forced to create whatever sells the most. But, again, it’s truly a shame in this case, because I really don’t think they’re selling more units because of these features. So, they’re really screwing themselves and the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #7
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Any yearly video game should always tout tighter gameplay mechanics. Whether it’s a shooter, rpg, or sports game. Whether you can add that as a back of the box feature shouldn’t matter. It should be an intrinsic part of creating any yearly title.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, the really big shame here is that back of the box features don’t really sell more copies or ‘many’ more copies. I really think if they concentrated on gameplay and made a truly amazing realistic football game, THAT would sell. Through word of mouth, alone. The hardcore sim community would be talking about how realistic it is. The game reviewers would talk about how realistic it is. That would get casuals interested as well.

Pro Tak didn’t sell more copies to casuals. Aggressive catch mechanics didn’t sell more to casuals. RPM didn’t sell more to casuals. It’s possible that Longshot appealed to some casuals, but I still imagine that’s a minimal fan base addition for the work required for that ‘back of the box’ feature.

It’s always a shame when money gets involved into artistic expression. Instead of letting the artists create, they’re forced to create whatever sells the most. But, again, it’s truly a shame in this case, because I really don’t think they’re selling more units because of these features. So, they’re really screwing themselves and the community.

You can say that back of the box features don't sell the game, but they have all the metrics and data to back it all up.

I loved the part where one Executive Producer came in and said his nephew loves how aggressive catch is working.

That is the market, folks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »