Home

Ric Flair shoots on the Hitman

This is a discussion on Ric Flair shoots on the Hitman within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Ric Flair shoots on the Hitman

Ric Flair calling Bret Hart a mid carder? Now I HAVE heard it all
Old 08-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piderman
Ric Flair calling Bret Hart a mid carder? Now I HAVE heard it all
Well,if you think about it,in terms of drawing money,Flair might have a point.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #11
BoA
Rookie

BoA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers
Well,if you think about it,in terms of drawing money,Flair might have a point.
Well by that logic, Shawn Micheals was a mid carder too.

Flair is wrong here period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 03:40 AM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Man flair must of been in the WWE for a short time in the early 90s. Because flair was in NWA later known as WCW in the 80s. I only remember flair been with WCW for most of his wrestling life.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Flair left WCW in 91 due to a contract dispute and idiots running the company. Stayed with WWF/E for about 18 months until his career was starting to take a different direction with the company (reduced role) and he asked for his release. 2 time WWF champ.

As far as Bret Hart goes, it may have been a case of right place right time. Hogan was gone most of the big guys from the 80s and first few years of the 90s were gone. Did he fill arenas? Yes and no. He was a great technical wrestler for that time. However, he would not have had the opportunities he had if a huge name was still involved in the company. At the time he was champion in the first 2 reigns. Flair was leaving, Hogan was gone and the only big name left was Yokozuna. Until WM 10 he didn't really blow up. Other than Yoko, Nash, Hall, and HBK who did he fued with over the title... Issac Yankum, Jerry Lawler, Owen and Hakushi et al. None of these guys were big names in 1992- late 94 other than Yoko. It was a down period in the buisness. No one can honestly say that with big names in the company, he would have held the title as long no as many times as he has. I respect Bret for what he brought to the buisness and he was a great wrestler but he had neither the look or up until 1997 the ability to get over in interviews.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:00 AM   #14
Rookie

Actually met Bret a few weeks ago at the Chicago ROH show. Growing up I couldnt stand him. I was your "All American American" lil kid & to see him love Canada more than America made me sick. Plus me being "a manly boy" what man truly wears pink. Well I'm 19 now & went back an watched alot of Bret matches & I've came to a conclussion. The statement stood true then & it still does now. Bret trully is, "The best there is, the best there was, & the best there ever will be!"
He could step into the ring w/ anyone & make it a great match. He has the greatest match in WrestleMania history along w/ Summer Slamm history. I know many ppl say Flair/HBK or Taker/HBK but I believe if you take the awww out of it bein Mania w/ Taker/HBK & the awww of it being Flairs last match it not the best. Watchin 2 brothers beat each other up & then the underdog bro win using big bros move it was straight amazing.
Anyways back to my statement about Chitown. I actually apologized to him for turning my back on him & "LOL" when DX & Vince screwed him over. He then gave me alil crap as he signed mine & my buddys book. I ended up thanking Bret for everything & told him I wish I could see him step in the ring 1 more time. He said that defently makes to of us & shook my hand. Truthfully I dream of what could be if I'd get to see Bret step into the ring w/ the likes of Bryan Danielson, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Nigel McGuiness, etc... **** even HBK vs Hart one more time would be amazing.
Yet unfortuntly that wont ever happen & instead theres ungrateful greedy sob like Flair & Hogan robbing companys of there money. I guess thats just the way life is huh. But to say Bret was only a glory midcarder makes you a scennel SOB. So here is to you Flair! You greedy old worthless man!

Last edited by Jnort3; 10-01-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:04 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 24

I always thought Hart was a solid ring technician, but IMO he was way too conceited. He actually thought he was a Canadian hero.
He has a very high opinion of himself.

While I don't dispute Hart's success of the 90s, he is not Ric Flair.

Flair filled seats in the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s.

Flair was a hit in NWA, WCW and WWE.

Hart was a hit in the WWE and failed big time in the WCW (I'll concede some bad booking).

Ric Flair was a true main eventer. Bret Hart was a great hand and a main eventer for 3-4 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #16
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

I've heard that Flair has criticized Bret on doing the same moves every match. Apparently Flair hasn't seen one of his own matches, where he always went up top, to be caught, and thrown to the floor, the flip into the corner and then walking onto the apron, the Flair Flop, etc, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »