Home

Ric Flair shoots on the Hitman

This is a discussion on Ric Flair shoots on the Hitman within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #33
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Ric Flair shoots on the Hitman

Bret was the best North American draw in wrestling during the early '90s. I love HBK to death and will always believe he was "better", but Bret smokes him in the money department during their primes. Only guys who came close to him at any given times were Taker and, believe it or not, Sid. And those guys didn't have the run he did so it doesn't really even matter. Bret was huuuuge in Europe and the US and a national hero in Canada. He carried WWF during their darkest years and at a time when no one in North America was drawing.

Flair didn't do much when he came back to WCW in '93. His big return match at a Clash was a ratings flop. He did a pretty good number against Vader, but he didn't really get his drawing power back until '96 and his run against Randy Savage.

Hogan can't draw without the WWE anymore. Check the show he did with Flair and that disaster in Memphis with Big Show.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:24 AM   #34
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggidyJames
Bret was the best North American draw in wrestling during the early '90s. I love HBK to death and will always believe he was "better", but Bret smokes him in the money department during their primes. Only guys who came close to him at any given times were Taker and, believe it or not, Sid. And those guys didn't have the run he did so it doesn't really even matter. Bret was huuuuge in Europe and the US and a national hero in Canada. He carried WWF during their darkest years and at a time when no one in North America was drawing.

Flair didn't do much when he came back to WCW in '93. His big return match at a Clash was a ratings flop. He did a pretty good number against Vader, but he didn't really get his drawing power back until '96 and his run against Randy Savage.

Hogan can't draw without the WWE anymore. Check the show he did with Flair and that disaster in Memphis with Big Show.
True, though you add him to a card or an appearance and he is making more of an impact than Flair.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Why is it over?

He still draws.
I'm quite confident he doesn't draw. At least nothing compared to what he drew 10 years ago. If he could still draw good numbers, he'd still be under a WWE contract and not taking his dog and pony act around the indy circuit trying to get cheap pops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 9

Bret Hart will always be better in my opinion. One of the abilities of a great wrestler is to make a bad opponent (or green) look good and Bret could do that with anybody from scott hall to yoko to the goon and then with a good opponent he could have a great match. Look at his classic chicago cage match with Owen, they went back and forth for at least half an hour in the old classic cage and Bret eventually came out on top but unlike 99% of flair's matches of any type neither of them was bleeding at the end of it.

Having grown up in British Columbia maybe I'm a little biased because I was never exposed to wcw and nwa like fans in the states were. so when flair showed in in 91 with his lame wooo and the same old crap being done to him over and over I just shook my head, yes bret did the same thing but at least they were offensive moves not moves being done to him. It was the thrill of a lifetime to quickly meet bret hart and have him autograph my copy of his book (even though I got screwed out of a picture) and when ric flair came to town I didn't even think about going. Wrestling is not nearly as good anymore and flair's final match at mania 24 did not even come close to some of bret's matches. Yes I'm biased but I always thought flair was a big joke, maybe bret didn't draw but he carried the torch after vince got in trouble with the stereoid scandal and all that crap and then when he lost the belt to backlund and was forced to wrestle nobody's for almost a year he just did it and had decent matches with guys like yankem and jean pierre lafiette and jerry lawler. Bret Hart even accomplished what I think is impossible, he actually got a decent match out of ric flair.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »