Home

Ric Flair shoots on the Hitman

This is a discussion on Ric Flair shoots on the Hitman within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Ric Flair shoots on the Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by burchett71
and ric flair isnt an egomaniac? and ur sayin he was a main eventer for 4-5 years? try 1991 till the day he retired. he one the strap in wcw then suffered his concussion. u have no idea what you are talking about plain and simple
Hart was a main eventer from about 1993 to 1998.
Hell, his entire time in WCW was a waste (to be fair, not entirely his fault).

Of course Flair is an egomanic, all great athletes and performers pretty much have to be ... but I have never read any pro wrestler who took themselves more seriously than Hart. He truly thought of himself as a true hero.
Pro wrestlers are not true heroes, any more than actors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 11:59 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just sit back and LOL @ Ric Flair. This is a guy who would sell his own soul to the devil just for a crowd of 500 to yell, "WOOO!!" in his presence. That's how low this guy is, he just can't seem to get over the fact that it's over.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:23 AM   #27
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

its never over for ric..

woooooooooo
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatnik
I just sit back and LOL @ Ric Flair. This is a guy who would sell his own soul to the devil just for a crowd of 500 to yell, "WOOO!!" in his presence. That's how low this guy is, he just can't seem to get over the fact that it's over.
Why is it over?

He still draws.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #29
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Why is it over?

He still draws.
Not really. There was that show with Hogan and his sons that drew a few hundred, I think. I know it was huge disappointment. There's been no autograph signings since the last ROH one, where the lines were nothing compared to Bret Hart's.

He's still a ratings draw whenever he's trotted out, but as far as money...eh, his name doesn't carry that weight anymore.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #30
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13

Ric Flair was great in his prime where in-ring/out-of-ring talent wasn't no where near the level it was when Hart made his name as a singles competitor (and it is continually improving). Just my opinion. Yeah, there were some GREAT names around when he was in his prime, though on pure in ring talent alone, none where fit enough to carry the boots of a guy like Hart.

As for the Ric Flar still draws? Give me a break. Bring back Hulk Hogan - he draws. Flair is in the Mick Foley catergory now, in ring he makes you cringe and beg for him to give it away. It has been like that for many years now IMO.

Don't get me wrong, Flair is an all-time great, I won't begrudge him that, though I don't think enters any debate re: the 'Greatest of All-Time'. And before you the Flair fans tell me he 'won 16 World Titles', it doesn't matter when looking at such a question given **SHOCK HORROR** titles are given out, not earnt (well, the best guy in the company at the time used to be wearing it more often than not - so it adds a little weight, though it ain't the be all and end all when looking at this).

Last edited by MARTZball; 10-15-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #31
Banned

Hart doesn't even make my top 5.

I don't deny he was a great worker, but he simply held the WWE over until Austin and The Rock came along. Those two had way more charisma than Hart and way more drawing power. Hell, so does Shawn Michaels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Actually if you look back at TV ratings and attendence, they were very close draws. From all that I have seen, during their run back in the 90's, Bret was the bigger draw (by just a bit though).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »