Home
OOTP 9 News Post

Out of the Park Developments is offering up preorders for their upcoming Out of the Park Baseball 9.

Quote:
"Out of the Park Baseball 9 is the sequel to PC Gamer Magazine and Metacritic's "PC Game of the Year 2007", simply the best baseball game on the market today!

OOTP 9 offers unparalleled flexibility in creating your own baseball world. Play solo with a baseball world of your own creation: make a simple, 8-team league, play a typical major league game with real 2008 rosters, create a historical league with real players from any year between 1901 and 2007 or build an enormous world with baseball leagues in multiple countries. For the ultimate challenge, join an online league and test your mettle against other human players!"

Thanks to Game Stooge!

Game: Out of the Park Baseball 9Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 7 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 MachoMyers @ 04/24/08 05:13 PM
Preordered my copy. Cannot wait.

# 2 LL-Cool-P @ 04/26/08 11:23 AM
$25.00 is a bargain yeah!

I'm new to OOTP but this seems like a good deal and a great way to start playing!

When's the exact release date? Mid-May?

# 3 KingV2k3 @ 04/26/08 12:22 PM
Twentyfive bucks?

I'm soooo in...thanks for the link!

# 4 sentry85 @ 04/26/08 07:00 PM
i'm not even a baseball fan and i have been enthralled with ootp 8. can't wait for the new version.

# 5 aenggeorge @ 04/30/08 11:20 AM
ok looking for the price reason well here is the info:http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ng-policy.html

# 6 ELDoro @ 04/30/08 10:55 PM
What exactly is going to be different about this version. I searched the OOTp site and couldnt really find anything that stands out over the previous version....besides the logo

# 7 MachoMyers @ 05/01/08 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDoro
What exactly is going to be different about this version. I searched the OOTp site and couldnt really find anything that stands out over the previous version....besides the logo
Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0040/

# 8 ELDoro @ 05/01/08 12:45 PM
Thanks, also is there a release date yet?

# 9 MachoMyers @ 05/01/08 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDoro
Thanks, also is there a release date yet?
Not yet. Its one of those `when its done, its done`type PC releases.

Hopefully soon.

# 10 McLite @ 05/04/08 07:00 PM
I would love to get into a league but can't find one. I got into BBCF and joined 2 leagues thanks to OS'ers but can't find an OOTP league. Anybody have any openings?

# 11 Matt Diesel @ 05/06/08 04:59 PM
I am thinking of starting a leauge if I can generate enough interest. I have been in a few online leagues before but I want to run one.

Id like to do a 2008 MLB starting roster league that goes from opening day 2008 to whenever.

It would have to be a full 32 team league to keep the fidelity of the simulation high.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I'll be setting up a frontend for the league on one of my domains. I have like 500 . Hopefully one of them is a good name for a leauge.

# 12 Stu @ 05/06/08 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
I would love to get into a league but can't find one. I got into BBCF and joined 2 leagues thanks to OS'ers but can't find an OOTP league. Anybody have any openings?
We'd love to have you in the BLB Matt, but openings are few and far between.

If you guys need any advice on running a league, let me know. I've been running the BLB for 5+ seasons now.

# 13 Nez477 @ 05/09/08 05:23 PM
I'm struggling to grasp the scope of this game.

I've played strat-o-matic for 15 years and it is my favorite hobby. However, that is based on previous year stats only with nothing else really coming into play.

Is there a way I can read up on how the in-game engine works? I'm not sure if I'd be frustrated not knowing why Matt Holliday is 0 for his last 20 (which of course happens in R/L and in strat) but I'm wary that not knowing if his ratings are correct would irritate me.

In general, good god it seems like an in-depth game and am interested, but am unsure of the best way to research it.

Any specific way you all would suggest I research this game?

# 14 LingeringRegime @ 05/11/08 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
Thanks for the link. I pre-ordered for the mac version. I really loved OOTP 8.

# 15 MachoMyers @ 05/11/08 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nez477
I'm struggling to grasp the scope of this game.

I've played strat-o-matic for 15 years and it is my favorite hobby. However, that is based on previous year stats only with nothing else really coming into play.

Is there a way I can read up on how the in-game engine works? I'm not sure if I'd be frustrated not knowing why Matt Holliday is 0 for his last 20 (which of course happens in R/L and in strat) but I'm wary that not knowing if his ratings are correct would irritate me.

In general, good god it seems like an in-depth game and am interested, but am unsure of the best way to research it.

Any specific way you all would suggest I research this game?
Join the forums: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ and ask away. The creator of the game roams the forums and there are people there who have been on board since Day one of OOTP. There are a lot of faqs and guides to help get you started. It does take a bit to get started but once you start setting up your own leagues and playing around with things it gets really good really fast. If you like Strat-o-matic you will love OOTP.

# 16 LingeringRegime @ 05/14/08 02:17 AM
Suspensions & Fights: The game now includes bench-clearing brawls and fights, which may lead to suspensions. Optional drug-related suspensions are also included.

This is what I am talking about!!! Why can't they put a game like this for the next-gen consoles?!?!?!? SCEA are you out there?

# 17 bcruise @ 05/14/08 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
Suspensions & Fights: The game now includes bench-clearing brawls and fights, which may lead to suspensions. Optional drug-related suspensions are also included.

This is what I am talking about!!! Why can't they put a game like this for the next-gen consoles?!?!?!? SCEA are you out there?
Because MLB and the players union would NEVER consent to something like that (especially the drug-related part). OOTP isn't licensed by anybody, all the rosters, uniforms, logos and such are done by the community. They (well, Markus ) have free will to put whatever they want in their game (as long as it's not conflicting with a license of course).

# 18 Jistic @ 05/14/08 11:16 PM
The best sports game period for $25? Stupid not to.

# 19 KingV2k3 @ 05/15/08 04:22 PM
Guys, I have a quick question:

What's the advantage to ordering the CD version for an extra $10.00?

Can you burn the DL version on to a disc or is it encoded to prevent copying?

If your DL version gets uninstalled for some unforseen reason, are you able to DL it again for no additional charge...or its it worth it to get the CD as a backup?

I know, it's a noob two-fer...

New to OOTP and not very PC-savvy...

Thanx!

# 20 Jistic @ 05/15/08 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Guys, I have a quick question:

What's the advantage to ordering the CD version for an extra $10.00?

Can you burn the DL version on to a disc or is it encoded to prevent copying?

If your DL version gets uninstalled for some unforseen reason, are you able to DL it again for no additional charge...or its it worth it to get the CD as a backup?

I know, it's a noob two-fer...

New to OOTP and not very PC-savvy...

Thanx!
As far as I know, there is no advantage.

You have two licenses when you buy the game. If something happens, just redownload it. And if you have a licensing problemyou just contact the licensing people and they hook you up. I've dealth with them once when I totally lost my license # and I was up and running in 5 minutes all via email. Really it's painless.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.