Home
Madden 09 News Post

We've just posted some more screenshots from our beta copy of Madden NFL 09. Today's shots feature the AFC North division.

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RaiderKtulu @ 06/23/08 06:40 AM
Well, at least the Browns white pants are in. Looks like the facemask is still white instead of gray. (But I personally HATE the gray mask so I'm not really complaining.) Are the Bengals orange jersey and all-white combinations not in or just not pictured?

# 2 ice23 @ 06/23/08 08:20 AM
man i'm like you raider where is the orange for cincy. at least the got the goalpost and team art right around the sidelines.

# 3 ausar72 @ 06/23/08 08:24 AM
Steve thanks for posting these. The ratings were nice, but this gives us some nice looks at the equipment, lighting etc...

I have a question though. It seems as if the all of the visors are dark in the screenshots. Have you noticed that that is the case in your build across the board, and that maybe they haven't updated the particular version of the game?

Have you seen the clear version of the visors on anyone as of yet?

Again, thanks for posting. These pics are great!

Peace.

# 4 dantethayer @ 06/23/08 09:40 AM
sweet pics thanks steve

# 5 mastershake88 @ 06/23/08 10:58 AM
1.either get rid of the Bengals throwback that they never use or add to it. orange on black, white on white with orange socks white on white with black socks. orange on black.

2. either get rid of the Browns orange on white(they never wear that and havent worn that for 6 years). add the 59 throwbacks with the white stripe on the orange helmet home uniform.(you got vids of football games. and pics you gotta find em and change it) add the white on white with the small stripes. and thats it. and i hope those facemask are grey they probably are.

3. either get rid of the steelers yellow on black on yellow or add to it. throwback from the Terry Bradshaw era. the throwback unis used against the ravens monday night. thats it.

4.Ravens? you guys actually got right and they're my team so forget the rest.

# 6 Phobia @ 06/23/08 11:03 AM
Steve could you do the NFC: South next. I am interested in how the Saints, buc, panthers, and falcons are looking.

Thanks
PHOBIA

# 7 doug4867 @ 06/23/08 11:13 AM
player models dont look so hot

# 8 RaiderKtulu @ 06/23/08 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
1.either get rid of the Bengals throwback that they never use or add to it. orange on black, white on white with orange socks white on white with black socks. orange on black.

2. either get rid of the Browns orange on white(they never wear that and havent worn that for 6 years). add the 59 throwbacks with the white stripe on the orange helmet home uniform.(you got vids of football games. and pics you gotta find em and change it) add the white on white with the small stripes. and thats it. and i hope those facemask are grey they probably are.

3. either get rid of the steelers yellow on black on yellow or add to it. throwback from the Terry Bradshaw era. the throwback unis used against the ravens monday night. thats it.

They shouldn't get rid of anything.

While I definitely would like to have ALL of the current real options available, I'll take as many extra alternates and throwbacks that I can get. That's one thing I really loved about 2k5 - being able to pick random odd uniform matchups. They even had some fashion jerseys available in that game. The Vikings in yellow jerseys? The Cardinals wearing blue? The Bucs in pewter and black? Or for extra difficulty, Raiders vs Lions with both teams wearing all silver. That was just neat, regardless of how strange it might be.

# 9 coogrfan @ 06/23/08 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug4867
player models dont look so hot
Ohh-kay.

Personally I think they're almost perfect, much better than the absurd "superhero-esque" physiques we saw in Madden 360 and 07. To each his own.

# 10 mastershake88 @ 06/23/08 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
They shouldn't get rid of anything.

While I definitely would like to have ALL of the current real options available, I'll take as many extra alternates and throwbacks that I can get. That's one thing I really loved about 2k5 - being able to pick random odd uniform matchups. They even had some fashion jerseys available in that game. The Vikings in yellow jerseys? The Cardinals wearing blue? The Bucs in pewter and black? Or for extra difficulty, Raiders vs Lions with both teams wearing all silver. That was just neat, regardless of how strange it might be.

lol dude i hear ya EA doesnt. and they should do it and put them all in there I hear ya all the way thats why i also said.. "OR"

# 11 Apollo @ 06/23/08 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88

I hate to say it Mastershake, but those masks are WHITE. I really don't understand these uniform guys! WTF!!!! GREY MASK FOR THE BROWNS!!

# 12 AC IS ART @ 06/23/08 04:46 PM
I feel their shouldn't be an excuse as to why they don't have the alternates for every team. And whats with the colored visors. So far I've seen Ed Reed with a purple visor, Kenny Phillips with an orange, and Brian Westbrook with a green. Cool as an option but neither of these players wear visors.

# 13 Next_2_Nothing @ 06/23/08 06:25 PM
I'm a Browns fan and if the facemasks are white, I can live with that. But one thing I'd like to see, either in an update or next years game is to have orange team-color gloves instead of the brown ones.

Other than that little suggestion, I think the screens are looking good.

# 14 swanlee @ 06/23/08 09:14 PM
Sorry, but I'm tired of seeing super up close screenshots that in NO way reflect anything you will see while actually playing the game outside of a manual replay.

Until they give us a user adjustable camera or at least multiple camera options these up close screens are simply huge teases.

# 15 Vikes1 @ 06/23/08 11:21 PM
Myself...I always thought '08' looked pretty good. That is until the screen shots of '09' started being shown. Madden '09' looks so much more life-like. August 12th.....can't wait!

# 16 Qb @ 06/23/08 11:39 PM
*** Beginning of pointless rant ***

I know its about the stupidest thing to be picky about, especially since it can be easily edited (assuming the editing glitches are gone), but why can't they get Ben's right sweatband correct? I know, I know, of all the things to bring up. But it's so obvious when you watch a real game that he wears a band on his right forearm, not on his wrist when not wearing long sleeves. To my knowledge, he has never, ever worn a wristband on his right arm in the NFL.

Once again, I know I shouldn't even wasted everyone's time with this post. It justs bugs the heck out of me when I see it and he's one of the most recognizable/visible players in the NFL, so you'd think it would be correct. Hopefully editing players will no longer cause big arms, contract changes or how a player was acquired to go to N/A so I can just change it for offline play.

*** End of pointless rant ***

Anyone feel free to hit me with the Billy Madison "We are all now dumber for having heard that" quote if you'd like... And oh yeah, thanks for the screens...

# 17 PVarck31 @ 06/24/08 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by q_bert183
*** Beginning of pointless rant ***

I know its about the stupidest thing to be picky about, especially since it can be easily edited (assuming the editing glitches are gone), but why can't they get Ben's right sweatband correct? I know, I know, of all the things to bring up. But it's so obvious when you watch a real game that he wears a band on his right forearm, not on his wrist when not wearing long sleeves. To my knowledge, he has never, ever worn a wristband on his right arm in the NFL.

Once again, I know I shouldn't even wasted everyone's time with this post. It justs bugs the heck out of me when I see it and he's one of the most recognizable/visible players in the NFL, so you'd think it would be correct. Hopefully editing players will no longer cause big arms, contract changes or how a player was acquired to go to N/A so I can just change it for offline play.
I love how you just refer to him as "Ben". Do you have tea with the guy?

# 18 kmart2180 @ 06/24/08 12:57 AM
Please tell me I did not just read someone say that player models are not good? You may be right because they are not good they are THE BEST EVER!!!

This has to be the most detailed upgrade I have ever seen in a football game. Look at AJ Hawks Hair and Troy Polomala, each player models seems to perfectly reflect that players real life build (within the games terms) Meaning that the game has players models on the short/skinny side but they look amazing for what they are.

# 19 swanlee @ 06/24/08 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
calm down bro, OS released these screens not EA

I know, I just think screenshots like this are a big tease, I'm not blaming EA for the screenshots I'm blaming them for the non adjustable camera angles.

# 20 Qb @ 06/24/08 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I love how you just refer to him as "Ben". Do you have tea with the guy?
Yes. And scones, too...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.