Home
News Post

EA Sports have just sent us some NHL 09 screenshots that feature recently signed free agents in their new team jerseys.

NHL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 09Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 47 - View All
NHL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mva5580 @ 07/03/08 03:59 PM
Thanks man.

And of course, like they do EVERY YEAR, ign links these screenshots on their PC page, which will of course make people wonder whether or not the NHL PC game will finally have the next gen graphics engine. Which of course it won't.

# 2 bad_philanthropy @ 07/03/08 04:43 PM
Is it just me or does the puck look smaller?

# 3 Qb @ 07/03/08 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Is it just me or does the puck look smaller?
It looks good to me, but I can't comment on it looking smaller. Perhaps you're used to the puck-shadow that you see during gameplay?

# 4 Blzer @ 07/03/08 05:18 PM
I don't know why, but hockey games never really impress me with their graphics. They just aren't on par with the other sports IMO. However, this is still the better looking hockey game to date.

As long as the PS3 version is running at 60 FPS, I will give it a fair look. I liked NHL 08 a lot.

# 5 catcatch22 @ 07/03/08 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't know why, but hockey games never really impress me with their graphics. They just aren't on par with the other sports IMO. However, this is still the better looking hockey game to date.

As long as the PS3 version is running at 60 FPS, I will give it a fair look. I liked NHL 08 a lot.
I thought it looked great especially the player faces. Shanahan, Gomez, Jagr and Drury were very accurate. The look of the game looks better than all of the other sports game out in my opinion. Bettter than Madden, All Pro, MLB 2k8 and any other sporst game I have played. Though the tennis game looks pretty great as well.

As for the puck shadow, I never use it and I still thought the puck looked to big. I hate puck Shadows. That is the first thing I turn off when I play. I hope they make the puck look realistically smaller.

# 6 Qb @ 07/03/08 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
As for the puck shadow, I never use it and I still thought the puck looked to big. I hate puck Shadows. That is the first thing I turn off when I play. I hope they make the puck look realistically smaller.
I hate the idea, too. But you can't turn it off in NHL 08; only small, medium and large are options...

# 7 catcatch22 @ 07/03/08 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
The reason it looked big too you was because you can't turn it off. You can only make it smaller. 2k you can turn it off.
Yeah your right I forgot. I was very upset now that I look back that I couldn't turn it off like in the 2k series.

# 8 bad_philanthropy @ 07/03/08 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yep, I was too. I still like the way this game is shaping. One thing they need to fix is puck physics. And the way you can hit the puck out of the air like in 2k. That's needs to be address this year.
Agreed

And I agree about the puck shadow. I think hockey games look better without the puck shadow.

# 9 Pared @ 07/04/08 12:32 PM
Those graphics are amazing. I don't see how anyone can complain about them. In some instances they can easily be mistaken for a real picture.

# 10 Vince @ 07/04/08 01:10 PM
graphics look the same which is great...

# 11 Blzer @ 07/04/08 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
That's what I was thinking while I was reading the critical comments about the graphics and shaking my head in bewilderment.
I'm not saying they're bad, but there's something about hockey games that don't really make me feel like they're as realistic looking as some of the other games. Look at MLB 2K7 or NBA 2K7 for instance.

Maybe I don't see hockey enough or something. They always seem like they are subpar to the rest of the sports games in my mind (though the models are fantastic).

# 12 catcatch22 @ 07/04/08 06:36 PM
I would like to see the goalies come out and try to play the puck more and draw a few delay of game calls.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.