Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has posted some information on NCAA Football 09 patch #2.

Quote:
"The roster editing patch is currently in certification at Microsoft and Sony. There is no specific day the patch will be approved and pushed out but it should not be too long now, possibly by the end of next week.

The second patch, which is intended to improve different gameplay elements, is still in the evaluation period. Right now a reasonable expectation on when this patch will arrive is September. So far it will include fixes to sliders, improvements to kick/punt return coverage, and various tuning to areas such as zone coverages, man vs RBs, and strafe catching. There will be more included in the patch but as of now those are the things that are confirmed."

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 callmetaternuts @ 07/28/08 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Don't know if this has been stated but does anyone know if we'll have to restart dynasties after the second patch comes out?
My guess is no, we wont, i assume it will be like the patch last year. Will just go right into the game. But i bet with rosters we will if you want to be able to edit and do stuff without worrying.

# 162 Pared @ 07/28/08 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Same here. I watched Tebow run for 100+ on a friend. This was also AA level with adjusted sliders.
What made it so horrible for me was he ran in the game-winning TD for FL at the end of regulation. I had everyone covered but left him open and he just waltzed into the endzone, untouched.

# 163 rudyjuly2 @ 07/28/08 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
My guess is no, we wont, i assume it will be like the patch last year. Will just go right into the game. But i bet with rosters we will if you want to be able to edit and do stuff without worrying.
OMT said if your roster file didn't have a bug in it when you started the dynasty, you should be able to edit it and do whatever you want without worrying iirc. The dynasty is supposed to work fine once you start it. The problem was not having the bug in the first place.

# 164 blocknose @ 07/28/08 12:43 PM
yeah you can edit all the teams in your dynasty i named the last four and the coaches last night with no problem

# 165 StormJH1 @ 07/28/08 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blocknose
yeah you can edit all the teams in your dynasty i named the last four and the coaches last night with no problem
I've been wondering about that. I'm using the EARosters com file and I already have a dynasty started. If I go in and edit stuff within that Dynasty only, such as changing #'s, fixing equipment on recruits, etc....has that been shown to cause problems?

Or is it only the editing of the actual roster file itself?

# 166 The GIGGAS @ 07/28/08 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copecowboy
Fifa sells more copies than madden, so do those gay shooter games, therefore its not their cash cow!
I will have to see sources.

# 167 speedkills @ 07/28/08 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copecowboy
Fifa sells more copies than madden, so do those gay shooter games, therefore its not their cash cow!
Fifa, is that like one of those nintendog games starring a poodle? They're cute.

# 168 nstod @ 07/28/08 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I will have to see sources.
He's not QUITE right, but Madden is definitely not EA's cash cow (it might be EA SPORTS' cash cow, though):

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?...d=&order=Sales

# 169 DrUrsus @ 07/28/08 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
yeah, just plan a trip in October for your NCAA patches. Hell, tell the old lady she can visit a friend as long as said friend has an HDTV.
Heck, I would just war drive

# 170 MegaHusker @ 07/28/08 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
He's not QUITE right, but Madden is definitely not EA's cash cow (it might be EA SPORTS' cash cow, though):

That's what I meant. EA Sports.

# 171 roadman @ 07/28/08 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod

Are those US figures or international figures as well. If it's just US figures, then Madden is the best seller, but internationally, I've heard FIFA sells more than Madden from a former producer at EA, Dr. Jones.

# 172 GHUGHES @ 07/29/08 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Actually, all of next week I'm going to be in day long training...
Are they going to show you guys how to catch bugs and glitches before the consumer does

Just playing

# 173 nstod @ 07/29/08 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Are those US figures or international figures as well. If it's just US figures, then Madden is the best seller, but internationally, I've heard FIFA sells more than Madden from a former producer at EA, Dr. Jones.
Those figures are international.

# 174 callmetaternuts @ 07/30/08 08:51 AM
Hope this isnt stepping on anybody's toes, but he posted it in another thread, so thought id share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We hope to have the patch final by Friday, 8/1. Expect to see it 2-3 weeks after that.

Remember, the time frame is NOT definite. Its an estimate.

# 175 callmetaternuts @ 07/30/08 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Nice find. I bet they're tired of dealing with all the 2009 stuff and really want to get the ball rolling on 2010. I do not blame them one bit.
I dont blame them for being sick of it, but it is a product of waht they created. That being said, i hope Adam can drop by and let us know A) when the patch is final on EA's side B) what it will fix and how C) tell Sony and MS to not sit on this

# 176 rudyjuly2 @ 07/30/08 09:30 AM
It would be super sweet to have the second patch out before September if it happens. Nice find there.

# 177 jpringle @ 07/30/08 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Hope this isnt stepping on anybody's toes, but he posted it in another thread, so thought id share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We hope to have the patch final by Friday, 8/1. Expect to see it 2-3 weeks after that.

Remember, the time frame is NOT definite. Its an estimate.
This is the gameplay patch?????

# 178 callmetaternuts @ 07/30/08 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpringle
This is the gameplay patch?????
Thats my assumption. From my understanding, the roster patch is already at MS and Sony and should be out around Aug 1 (not an exact date, a guess). This should be the gameplay patch that is final around the end of the week (i think)

# 179 Quint75 @ 07/30/08 07:07 PM
I hope someone can answer this; is there any chance that the replays on the PS3 version will be fixed so that the ball actually rotates on pass plays? Right now it just looks ridiculous. I have a hard time believing they would address this issue when it only effects the PS3 but I am really hoping I am wrong.

# 180 Quint75 @ 07/31/08 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
You mean the white stripe on the ball doesn't move on the replay on the PS3? That has got to look weird.

I've got a 360 and on the replays it rotates fine. I wonder what's up with that?
The ball might rotate around twice on a 30 yard pass. And yes, it does look absolutely ridiculous. I have the 360 version as well and the replays on that are just fine.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.