Home
News Post

Member Comments
# 1 SoxFan01605 @ 07/29/08 12:23 AM
Not bad. Tom Hammond isn't bothering me as much (still an upgrade over the radio guy, IMO) and I can't say enough about how smooth Collinsworth sounds in the game. It's actually making me like him a little...lol. I'm still not feeling the QB dropback (looks sped up still), but overall it's easy to see the improvements over the last couple Maddens.

# 2 PVarck31 @ 07/29/08 01:06 AM
Wow, I think that looked fantastic. The graphics are just sick. 2 more weeks!!

# 3 Vikes1 @ 07/29/08 01:10 AM
From all of the vids that we've seen to this point, the gameplay seems very tight and solid.

# 4 ChubbyBanana @ 07/29/08 02:36 AM
Besides 06, IMO we have seen steady improvements in the Next Gen Game. Looking at this video clip has made me excited.

Hammond Doesn't really bother me. I disklike collinsworth, but he doesn't sound that bad. Anything is better than that silly Radio guy, imo.

# 5 destroyer @ 07/29/08 04:03 AM
Hmmmm.....not too shabby

"SOLID" i should say......the grass looks awesome and the graphics for this years game are top notch.

# 6 PaperLantern @ 07/29/08 04:51 AM
Not gonna lie, this game is looking amazing.

# 7 rckabillyRaider @ 07/29/08 05:51 AM
Graphics look fn awesome! I haven't been this excited for a Madden game since 05 collector edition on ps2!

# 8 The GOAT34 @ 07/29/08 07:39 AM
Gameplay looks solid. I cant wait. Just traided in ncaa at gamestop and got $42 (extra 20 % with membership card) dollars toward reservation of madden. I hope madden doesnt have all the problems ncaa had.

# 9 callmetaternuts @ 07/29/08 08:21 AM
Game looks good, to bad they picked the Jets and Fins to showcase some of the game

# 10 Tomba @ 07/29/08 08:39 AM
Gonna be sick of the scoreboard in the middle I'll tell ya that already..............

# 11 jvaccaro @ 07/29/08 10:15 AM
Ian -- question about this video...

Please note that starting with the first play the Jets LB Barton has his name text and then "(RS) Hit Stick" text oeverlaying everything. I'm concerned about the presentation in regards to the text under the far away players name showing up in front of everything else on screen.

Is this distracting and unnecessary 'help' only on the beginner mode?

Other than that; the gameplay, graphics, and animations all look AWESOME!

# 12 ice23 @ 07/29/08 10:29 AM
dude this is gonna be the best madden ever. i noticed in some pics that guys have long dreads and like on travis daniels number 29 his were short. cant wait fo sho for the 12th.

# 13 myownsun @ 07/29/08 10:37 AM
The game looks good but the movie sucked, thanks for the linkage though.

# 14 ifiok25 @ 07/29/08 10:41 AM
Is it just me or have the stadiums gotten bigger? It's pretty cool. Great video.

# 15 Nza @ 07/29/08 10:46 AM
Looked pretty much like 08 to me, but it was a small video that collectively showed more loading screen, pre-game and pre-play footage than actual gameplay so it wasn't the best representation. Not sure how anyone gets excited after that video per se, unless it's just for the mere fact a new Madden, and hence football, is upon us once again

# 16 SageInfinite @ 07/29/08 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Looked pretty much like 08 to me, but it was a small video that collectively showed more loading screen, pre-game and pre-play footage than actual gameplay so it wasn't the best representation. Not sure how anyone gets excited after that video per se, unless it's just for the mere fact a new Madden, and hence football, is upon us once again

# 17 PVarck31 @ 07/29/08 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I'm sorry, and please don't be insulted by this, but how can anyone say it looks like Madden 08??? I mean to me its night and day.

# 18 blackngoldfan @ 07/29/08 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I'm sorry, and please don't be insulted by this, but how can anyone say it looks like Madden 08??? I mean to me its night and day.
more like heaven and hell.

I mean, all of these madden '09 clips look a little different. Whether it be the field, sky, shadows, haze etc.. The stadiums seem like they have their own touch.

btw: I agree that Hammond was better in that video, but Collinsworth must have been eating a hotdog or something. He didn't say a word until the Dolphins punted at the end.

# 19 JMD @ 07/29/08 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I have to agree with you. everytime I read that someone says the 09 looks like 08 all I can do is question if they have poor eye sight, and I am truely serious in saying that.

I strongly encourage all who think 09 looks like 08 to download the demo this friday, if after seeing that on a high def TV you still think it looks like 08 I will pay for you to get your eyes checked.

# 20 bucs44 @ 07/29/08 12:28 PM
If they get accelerated clock, stadium music editor and user defined camera view Ill be happy this year. The game looks good however less camera flashes during season. I think EA should have pursued Joe Buck instead of Hammond though. Buck and Collinsworth would be better duo.
Madden10 needs better DL/OL play of course and more QB pocket and movement.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.